Where are the Release Notes? (For about the 5th time)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Getting kind of tired ofasking this and seeing it asked, along with it not being answered.  Canwe get an answer on this?  If its "you can't see them" thenthats fine, but traditionally as we all know, firmware updates come withrelease notes....am i missing something here?  I rather the community notguess at what the firmware addressed.

Firmware:  Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.1.6
2015-5-5
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

Yes please!
2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I believe it was mentioned that there were no changes - except for the ability to work with the iOS app (that were hope to see real soon...)

I don't want to hijack your thread and perhaps I should post a new one - but here goes:

I just (tried) to update the Firmware with the just downloaded v1.1.6 on the P3Pro I just picked up today. I got this message in the .txt

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

So is that a good thing? I'm an iOS user, had no idea what Firmware was on it when I got it. But I thought I should update it - but it claims it had the version?
2015-5-5
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-6 05:39
I believe it was mentioned that there were no changes - except for the ability to work with the iOS  ...

They should still provide release notes. Even Open Source projects with a team of one developer often provide release notes.

As for your upgrade, it is possible that they are shipping the P3s with the latest firmware. I got one of the first ones and the upgrade did work for me.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
2015-5-5
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If you leave the files on the card is will check each time you start up and it will write to the card txt file with a date and time stampt:

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-6 06:01
If you leave the files on the card is will check each time you start up and it will write to the car ...

My remote updated with "success" as expected.

It did seem to run thru the update process with the proper "D-D-D-D" and "D---DD". It was just odd that that didn't show in the txt-file - and it only containing info that would come if it had been upgraded and the .bin file was still in the root and it checked and found it was already updated.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules