RC Battery
736 7 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustyinthesky
lvl.2
Australia

I've had my Mavic Pro Platinum now for about 3 months with trouble free flying and enjoying every minute. Today I got it out of its case and noticed that the RC battery was at 1 % I've never seen it below 80% before so I put it on charge and after charging for an hour it still showing 1% so I left it and went out. When I came back it had turned off so I turned it back on and it's still showing 1% charge and the app gives a low RC battery warning. Can anyone shed some light on this problem please.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you are sure that the LEDs on the RC were showing being charged at that time, right? You can try to change another cable to charge the RC, make sure that the connection is steady. If the RC can still not be charged, I suggest sending the RC in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-15
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I found that the cable that came with my Mavic (to connect the RC to the Mobile device) was bad.  Changing the cable made a huge difference.  Perhaps you're seeing the same thing with your remote.  Hope it's something that simple.
2018-3-15
Use props
Rustyinthesky
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks guys for the replays and the advise. OMG This is so bizarre. I had already contacted given up hope for a simple fix so contacted DJI support online and explained the problem and they arranged for me to send the remote back for analysis. Then I saw the forum replys and thought I'd give it a try with another charge cable as suggested. The crazy thing is when I turned on the remote again it was now showing 94% battery. So I tried charging to get 100% but no good even with a different charge cable after a minute or so it just turned it self off and wouldn't charge above 94%. So I thought give it a try with the drone and see if it's working. Yes it's working as normal so I drained it down to 83% and put it back on charge and it charged up to 93% but won't go any higher. I know I should just send it back for analysis but I love flying it so much and I know if I send it back it'll be gone for days or even weeks. I think I'll try again at draining it to a lower level and recharging one more time.
2018-3-15
Use props
Rustyinthesky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-15 18:07
Hi there, you are sure that the LEDs on the RC were showing being charged at that time, right? You can try to change another cable to charge the RC, make sure that the connection is steady. If the RC can still not be charged, I suggest sending the RC in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks guys for the replying and the advise. OMG This is so bizarre. I had already given up hope for a simple fix so contacted DJI support online and explained the problem and they arranged for me to send the remote back for analysis. Then I saw the forum replys and thought I'd give it a try with another charge cable as suggested. The crazy thing is when I turned on the remote again it was now showing 94% battery. So I tried charging to get 100% but no good even with a different charge cable after a minute or so it just turned it self off and wouldn't charge above 94%. So I thought give it a try with the drone and see if it's working. Yes it's working as normal so I drained it down to 83% and put it back on charge and it charged up to 93% but won't go any higher. I know I should just send it back for analysis but I love flying it so much and I know if I send it back from Australia it'll be gone for days or even weeks. I think I'll try again at draining it to a lower level and recharging one more time and see how it go's
2018-3-15
Use props
Rustyinthesky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-15 18:07
Hi there, you are sure that the LEDs on the RC were showing being charged at that time, right? You can try to change another cable to charge the RC, make sure that the connection is steady. If the RC can still not be charged, I suggest sending the RC in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Thanks guys for the replying and the advise. OMG This is so bizarre. I had already given up hope for a simple fix so contacted DJI support online and explained the problem and they arranged for me to send the remote back for analysis. Then I saw the forum replys and thought I'd give it a try with another charge cable as suggested. The crazy thing is when I turned on the remote again it was now showing 94% battery. So I tried charging to get 100% but no good even with a different charge cable after a minute or so it just turned it self off and wouldn't charge above 94%. So I thought give it a try with the drone and see if it's working. Yes it's working as normal so I drained it down to 83% and put it back on charge and it charged up to 93% but won't go any higher. I know I should just send it back for analysis but I love flying it so much and I know if I send it back from Australia it'll be gone for days or even weeks. I think I'll try again at draining it to a lower level and recharging one more time and see how it go's
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rustyinthesky Posted at 2018-3-15 22:59
Thanks guys for the replying and the advise. OMG This is so bizarre. I had already given up hope for a simple fix so contacted DJI support online and explained the problem and they arranged for me to send the remote back for analysis. Then I saw the forum replys and thought I'd give it a try with another charge cable as suggested. The crazy thing is when I turned on the remote again it was now showing 94% battery. So I tried charging to get 100% but no good even with a different charge cable after a minute or so it just turned it self off and wouldn't charge above 94%. So I thought give it a try with the drone and see if it's working. Yes it's working as normal so I drained it down to 83% and put it back on charge and it charged up to 93% but won't go any higher. I know I should just send it back for analysis but I love flying it so much and I know if I send it back from Australia it'll be gone for days or even weeks. I think I'll try again at draining it to a lower level and recharging one more time and see how it go's

Yes, I suggest that you can try to do a fully discharge and charge cycle, and also you can try to refresh the RC firmware. If the issue persists, we suggest sending the RC in so we can help. Thank you.
2018-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You stated that you’ve never seen the battery level below 80% before. The battery in the RC is also a lipo with close to a 3,000 mAh capacity... it needs to be maintained in the same way as the flight batteries so when in storage it should be at around 40-50% and not 80% plus. Leaving it on a very high charge level for months has probably damaged the cells and why you are having these problems now.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules