• >>>
Germany

We had that one already:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=140234
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As Thor mentioned, the pictures are the customized drone for the enterprise, and the project is closed now. We appreciate your attention.
2018-3-16
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

It'a not the P5, seen that already...
2018-3-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-16 02:48
As Thor mentioned, the pictures are the customized drone for the enterprise, and the project is closed now. We appreciate your attention.

The starship enterprise?
2018-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

P4I

2018-3-16
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well - this one goes the starship direction. That is a nice rumor:
http://www.bestflyingdrone.com/dji-phantom-5/

DJI-Phantom-5-Drone-Review.png
2018-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-3-16 10:34
Well - this one goes the starship direction. That is a nice rumor:

Looks like a P4P Obsidian after a major crash LOL
2018-3-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2018-3-16 10:34
Well - this one goes the starship direction. That is a nice rumor:

That link is just some guy saying what he'd like to see and making guesses.
He's influenced by DJI's old Phantom X concept video from back in November 2015.
There's very little real information in what he says.
2018-3-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The aircraft in that photo has a photoshopped camera fitted to it, and it would be a significantly inferior camera to the one that is currently fitted to a P4Pro. Don't get sucked in by this crap.
2018-3-16
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-16 17:31
The aircraft in that photo has a photoshopped camera fitted to it, and it would be a significantly inferior camera to the one that is currently fitted to a P4Pro. Don't get sucked in by this crap.

Its obviously Klingon
2018-3-20
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It’s going to be called is phantom 4 Pro v 2, with that said, calling it the version 2 is telling me that the aircraft itself will be unchanged, it will have a better camera with interchangeable lens and transmitter will have ocusync technology, keep in mind that my predictions were spot on with the inspire 2, spark and mavic air...
2018-3-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-20 11:11
It’s going to be called is phantom 4 Pro v 2, with that said, calling it the version 2 is telling me that the aircraft itself will be unchanged, it will have a better camera with interchangeable lens and transmitter will have ocusync technology, keep in mind that my predictions were spot on with the inspire 2, spark and mavic air...

Sooooo...what is your prediction for the end of the earth there Nostradamus?
2018-3-20
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-20 11:11
It’s going to be called is phantom 4 Pro v 2, with that said, calling it the version 2 is telling me that the aircraft itself will be unchanged, it will have a better camera with interchangeable lens and transmitter will have ocusync technology, keep in mind that my predictions were spot on with the inspire 2, spark and mavic air...

Would it have 3/4 winged shorter props or another way to avoid the props to disturb the recordings by getting into the picture or making annoying pulsating shadows/reflections?
2018-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-21 02:41
Would it have 3/4 winged shorter props or another way to avoid the props to disturb the recordings by getting into the picture or making annoying pulsating shadows/reflections?

It’s possible, the information I obtained does show different style props, I thought they were low noise but they do look shorter, strange, not like the mavic low noise.. so they may eliminate the dreaded “flutter” in phantom 4 video...
2018-3-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-21 03:06
It’s possible, the information I obtained does show different style props, I thought they were low noise but they do look shorter, strange, not like the mavic low noise.. so they may eliminate the dreaded “flutter” in phantom 4 video...

Thanks, sounds interesting
But as things stand, lack of service and DJI being more busy implementing more limitations, restrictions and monitoring than solve current issues i still think that my P4P has to be my first and last DJI product.
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-21 03:20
Thanks, sounds interesting
But as things stand, lack of service and DJI being more busy implementing more limitations, restrictions and monitoring than solve current issues i still think that my P4P has to be my first and last DJI product.

DJI being more busy implementing more limitations, restrictions and monitoring
Please explain what limitations, restrictions and monitoring you are experiencing and what ever new ones you are aware of.
I can't think of any and haven't heard of any that might be coming.
2018-3-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-21 03:34
Please explain what limitations, restrictions and monitoring you are experiencing and what ever new ones you are aware of.

I can think of of a few but the one that really stands out is the line of code that they have been putting in their apps and firmware , something to do with the “anti rollback” for over a year that sometime in June of 2018 your drone will no longer function unless you upgrade your firmware to a certain version.. I really hope on wrong on this one, but time will tell.
2018-3-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-21 03:34
Please explain what limitations, restrictions and monitoring you are experiencing and what ever new ones you are aware of.

I think you already would be aware that many (in CE area) has issues with the range, a limitation that has not been solved even it is more than 8 months since the problems started with a FW upgrade.

Add to this the restriction you get if somehow the system don't see you as logged in to the app or you have to perform a reset out in the field due to other issues.
On the + you're not only restricted in distance/height, you have to do your work blinded as you can't even get to the camera view if it think you're not logged in.

And for the monitoring part i know for sure that you are aware of the Aeroscope thing that has been implemented and now is broadcasting my personal information (email) while flying around even it is supposed to be turned off pr default but can't be disabled at all.

And no we have not heard of further actions and as the above we first will after the things has been sneaked in without a notice.

You don't need to reply, i am not in the mood for your usual pointless discussions, thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 04:13
Completing quizzes before flying, logging in before flying, Aeroscope broadcasting of your personal information & location.

You've never heard of any of these things?

Yes... of course I've heard of them.
I've seen the test and to describe it as some sort of restriction or limitation is gross exaggeration.
I've read about Aeroscope but can't see how it affects me or most other flyers.
I doubt that anyone out there has a receiver to work with it, but if they did, to get any idea of my identity, they would have to have it operating fairly close to where I'm flying at the time I was flying there.
The chances of that are negligible.

For all the complaining I see about restrictions, I'm yet to see anything that actually restricts or limits my Phantoms which fly as well as they did when I bought them.
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 05:59
These things have a range of up to 7 kilometers or more.  It is reassuring knowing only those within a 7 kilometer radius of the RC & aircraft can intercept the operator's identity & location.

I guess that's "fairly close".

Is NOT BEING ABLE TO FLY or BEING LIMITED TO 50M DISTANCE a restriction or limitation?
If you're not smart enough to be able to find out that the solution is to sign out of your account and sign in again, you're not smart enough to be flying.
There are hundreds of posts on the forums regarding this and it's been around for so long now that it shouldn't be a new surprise.
Really, it's not restricting anyone.
It's just trivial stuff that the perpetual complainers keep moaning about.
2018-3-21
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whatever and whenever the P5 happens, I just hope I can afford it.
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 07:59
Apparently some aren't smart enough to understand the definition of words like "restriction" or "limitation"...

It's obvious, the words mean things that limit or restrict and despite the disingenuous complaining that a few like to indulge in, DJI have not introduced anything new that actually restricts or limits your flight potential.
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 14:06
From your last post:

There are hundreds of posts on the forums regarding this and it's been  around for so long now that it shouldn't be a new surprise.

'And of course it's really no big deal if anyone within the "reasonably close" proximity of a 7 KILOMETER RADIUS of you & your drone can receive your personal information as well as your exact location on the planet.  Just trivial stuff!  Why would anyone have a problem with this when Labroides thinks it fine?'

That is a scaremongering exageration and does not help to make your point. The spec does not allow for 'personal information' to be sent at all. Why worry indeed, when Suckerberg is selling your information to anyone who wants it and Google is sending back information that tells the location of everywhere you have been today with your phone.
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 16:03
It broadcasts information that can be used to determine the pilot's identity.  What you are arguing is "It doesn't actually give out your name."  Your vehicle license plate doesn't give out your name either, but with it your identity can be easily determined.  

Of what use would this now non-disengagable broadcast feature be if it can't identify the pilot?

I don't know, but my Phantom does not know who I am, or anything about me. It can tell someone where my home point was, but that's about all. But what if I moved?
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-21 16:05
I am in complete agreement that the whole government/corporate spy game is completely out-of-control & needs to be stopped.

I don't see any reason to worry, at birth the government installed your 'proctoscope', two microphones, a GoPro, one iMax camera, three hubble telescopes, a GPS tracker and an Edsel. Feeling bloated lately?
2018-3-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

If this alleged P5 is to have a 1" sensor with the interchangeable lenses mentioned, then the 50mm lens would be the equivalent of a 135mm lens on a full frame (1" sensor has a 2.7 multiplier for FF sensor equiv.).  The 45mm on the Inspire 2 with the X5S M43 camera sensor works out to be a 90mm lens on a full frame, and it is unstable enough for aerials with some owners due to vibration. jello, and wobble.  The sensor could be a M43 size since they are relatively cheap now too which would make the four lenses shown more reasonable for aerial flight even though it might bite into the Inspire series too.  More plastics perhaps to lighten the load.

I don't know how they could expect a 135mm equiv. FF lens on a P5 to be more stable and less prone to vibration unless it also incorporates internal vibration controls in the lens and maybe the body both.  The link shows so many pins so maybe there is more to the miniaturization of a stabilization control along with a focus control, still a lot of pins for whatever mounts up to it and I think more pins than most M43 lenses have too.

Regardless, DJI needs to get these things to fly well and not wobble and shake as much as they do now along with the sundry firmware/software issues that abound in their lineup now.  Could become another rush-to-market product without concern for any quality assurance too.
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-21 18:31
If this alleged P5 is to have a 1" sensor with the interchangeable lenses mentioned, then the 50mm lens would be the equivalent of a 135mm lens on a full frame (1" sensor has a 2.7 multiplier for FF sensor equiv.).  The 45mm on the Inspire 2 with the X5S M43 camera sensor works out to be a 90mm lens on a full frame, and it is unstable enough for aerials with some owners due to vibration. jello, and wobble.  The sensor could be a M43 size since they are relatively cheap now too which would make the four lenses shown more reasonable for aerial flight even though it might bite into the Inspire series too.  More plastics perhaps to lighten the load.

I don't know how they could expect a 135mm equiv. FF lens on a P5 to be more stable and less prone to vibration unless it also incorporates internal vibration controls in the lens and maybe the body both.  The link shows so many pins so maybe there is more to the miniaturization of a stabilization control along with a focus control, still a lot of pins for whatever mounts up to it and I think more pins than most M43 lenses have too.

'Could become another rush-to-market product without concern for any quality assurance too.'

And it could be a figment of the collective imagination of a whole lot of posters too. How quick we are to condemn DJI?
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-21 18:31

If this alleged P5 is to have a 1" sensor with the interchangeable lenses mentioned, then the 50mm lens would be the equivalent of a 135mm lens on a full frame.
You've confused actual focal lengths with 35mm equivalents.
The camera being discussed would have 4 different lenses with (35mm full frame equivalent) focal lengths of 16mm, 24mm, 35mm and 50mm.
Their actual focal lengths will be much smaller numbers than those.
The 24mm equivalent would have a true focal length of about 8.8 mm.
2018-3-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-21 19:40
If this alleged P5 is to have a 1" sensor with the interchangeable lenses mentioned, then the 50mm lens would be the equivalent of a 135mm lens on a full frame.
You've confused actual focal lengths with 35mm equivalents.
The camera being discussed would have 4 different lenses with (35mm full frame equivalent) focal lengths of 16mm, 24mm, 35mm and 50mm.

No confusion as the video posted shows 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm lenses, and those are the focal lengths and not corrected for the small sensor.  Same as the lenses on the X5 series of cameras where a 45mm is the focal length of the lens, but apply it to the m43 sensor and it is a 90mm equivalent for FF.  If the video posted the lenses as 8.8mm then the multiplier would be 24mm equiv. on a FF sensor. So the video should show 5.5mm, 8.8mm, and 19mm if they had meant the equiv. of 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm which the video does not show, nor would they be indicative of the true focal length of those respective lenses shown.

As to DJI quality issues, out of 4 drones I have, all have had issues and two severe ones out of the box. If yours is perfect, I doubt if you've looked close enough or never encountered some software/firmware issues.  Having focus wheels for the Inspires that do not even bolt up out of the box new, or a X5S camera with extra lens connection pins falling out of it when new from the factory is a bit much, not to mention crooked sensor alignment on two cameras, or magenta images due to a lack of a tint control for manual white balance for years.
2018-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-21 20:15
No confusion as the video posted shows 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm lenses, and those are the focal lengths and not corrected for the small sensor.  Same as the lenses on the X5 series of cameras where a 45mm is the focal length of the lens, but apply it to the m43 sensor and it is a 90mm equivalent for FF.  If the video posted the lenses as 8.8mm then the multiplier would be 24mm equiv. on a FF sensor. So the video should show 5.5mm, 8.8mm, and 19mm if they had meant the equiv. of 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm which the video does not show, nor would they be indicative of the true focal length of those respective lenses shown.

As to DJI quality issues, out of 4 drones I have, all have had issues and two severe ones out of the box. If yours is perfect, I doubt if you've looked close enough or never encountered some software/firmware issues.  Having focus wheels for the Inspires that do not even bolt up out of the box new, or a X5S camera with extra lens connection pins falling out of it when new from the factory is a bit much, not to mention crooked sensor alignment on two cameras, or magenta images due to a lack of a tint control for manual white balance for years.

No confusion as the video posted shows 15mm, 24mm, 35mm, and 50mm lenses, and those are the focal lengths and not corrected for the small sensor.
If you go back to the original source, where this first surfaced, you see four lenses each with the word: Equivalent in small print under the large number on the lens barrel.
We'll have to see what gets released to the market but common sense should confirm what I said is correct.

And I've had no quality issues with my 4 pros.  
They produce excellent results that satisfy me and some picky clients.
They've paid for themselves many times over.
50 equiv.jpg
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules