Class D warning
2249 19 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebc54862
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1148 ft
United States

I was setting up to fly and I take off everything is fine no warnings beside high wind then I get this class d zone warning and where I was it was green which says this zone does not require unlocking fly with caution inside this area, ok fine but on my iPad 5 I could not exit out of that warning box where it says you take full responsibility for flying , and I could not click on it but there was this blue text I forgot what it said that I could click but then it just put up this grayed out box that was blank except on the top it said privacy and when I clicked that it popped up the first warning box ? I still flew but not as long as I liked because I could not see the screen on my iPad ,thanks. Dji for ruining my day any ideas ?
2018-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Does your "iPad 5" have Cellular?  
Could it be your iPad was confused about its actual location?

Perhaps, take your iPad somewhere else, see if you get same warning.  
If not, on iPad turn on Airplane mode, then return to where you want to fly from.
2018-3-16
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-16 22:22
Does your "iPad 5" have Cellular?  
Could it be your iPad was confused about its actual location?

Yes my iPad 5 has cellular but it's not activated, also I never had to put my iPad into airplane mode before, and where I was flying is only about 200 yards where I flew before, ?
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the warning box, the app version so I can help to check? Or please try to shut down the app and launch again.
2018-3-19
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-19 00:48
Could you please provide me with the screenshot of the warning box, the app version so I can help to check? Or please try to shut down the app and launch again.

I cant provide a screenshot, I'm using an iPad mini 5  with no screen capture, and when I reviewed my flight records that warning did not show up just the wind advisory showed up, I have since flown but not in that area and everything was fine when I go back to that area i will try and take a picture of it if it happens again, I did not try to shut the app down and launch it again while i was there but if it happens again i'll try that, and my App version is 4.2.6 Aircraft version is 01.04.0300, my precise fly safe database version is 01.00.01.09 and my basic fly safe database version is 01.00.01.07 . thanks.
2018-3-19
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Do you have as cellphone you could use to shoot a screenshot?

The gps location comes from the Mavic, not the cell or tablet.  Occasionally I have received this warning just after the Mavic starts, before it captures all the gps satellites - when miles outside an airport boundary. It soon disappears if I wait, but I can usually cancel the warning.  I recall that once when I had used a different phone, I was unable to cancel the popup, but that turned out to be a screen setting that was eventually resolved - can't recall how :-(

2018-3-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Class D zones are usually huge areas around military bases, for instance I live around 80 miles south of fort drum in ny and yet at my home it’s a class D airspace because of fort drum. As far as the issues you were having it sounds like a simple iPad hard reboot might do the trick?
2018-3-19
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It should take the GPS location from the aircraft and not the ipad.  Was the aircraft powered up at the time?
2018-3-19
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-3-19 05:28
Class D zones are usually huge areas around military bases, for instance I live around 80 miles south of fort drum in ny and yet at my home it’s a class D airspace because of fort drum. As far as the issues you were having it sounds like a simple iPad hard reboot might do the trick?

it's a brand new iPad that I use only for the Mavic nothing else, and I been flying with it for a while never had any problems before, but now that I remember it started after I did that fly safe update, ?
2018-3-20
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

Timinator Posted at 2018-3-19 07:38
It should take the GPS location from the aircraft and not the ipad.  Was the aircraft powered up at the time?

Yes everything was good on take off but about 3 min into the flight it popped up, ?
2018-3-20
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

Ok went for another flight today same spot and sure enough, it popped up BUT this time it had a spot I could put a check mark and agree last time it was not there, BUT this time it popped up before takeoff which I guess is normal but it again popped up after take off about a minute into the flight, twice really ?  ok ill upload a picture of the pop-up.  now remember the first time it didn't have the agree check spot which I circled in red.
2018-3-21
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

How far is the recreational airport?
2018-3-21
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

I've had something similar to what you described in your first post.

I had like 3 little warning windows on top of this pop-up when I was using my iPhone X. I found that if I tap where I thought the little circle should be, I would see a faint checkmark pop up below the warning windows. Sometimes I would have to do this several times, as I was tapping blindly, trying to find the sweet spot. Basically, the warning windows don't obstruct the tap.

Once I saw the faint checkmark, I would tap where I thought the YES would be and voila!

Bad UI design, if you ask me. Then again... what would I know? xD
2018-3-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansebc54862 Posted at 2018-3-19 02:12
I cant provide a screenshot, I'm using an iPad mini 5  with no screen capture, and when I reviewed my flight records that warning did not show up just the wind advisory showed up, I have since flown but not in that area and everything was fine when I go back to that area i will try and take a picture of it if it happens again, I did not try to shut the app down and launch it again while i was there but if it happens again i'll try that, and my App version is 4.2.6 Aircraft version is 01.04.0300, my precise fly safe database version is 01.00.01.09 and my basic fly safe database version is 01.00.01.07 . thanks.

"I cant provide a screenshot, I'm using an iPad mini 5  with no screen capture,"

Your new iPad mini won't do a screenshot when you press "Power on/off" and "Home" buttons at sametime?

EDITed

It is push of both buttons at exact same time and quick release of both buttons.
2018-3-21
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-21 20:09
"I cant provide a screenshot, I'm using an iPad mini 5  with no screen capture,"

Your new iPad mini won't do a screenshot when you press "Power on/off" and "Home" buttons at sametime?

I just tried that didn't work it just shuts the iPad down, And yes I know if I update my iPad to the new 11 ios it has the screen capture and record, but I heard some people were having problems with the iPad 11 ios update, maybe its fixed by now ?  anyone here using iPad mini 5 with the new 11 ios ? with the Mavic pro.
2018-3-22
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

Silvex Posted at 2018-3-21 16:14
How far is the recreational airport?

From where I was flying it was 5.21 miles and I tried to call to see if I was flying illegally but no answer, and I know others have flown here because that's how I found the spot on youtube.
2018-3-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansebc54862 Posted at 2018-3-22 02:09
I just tried that didn't work it just shuts the iPad down, And yes I know if I update my iPad to the new 11 ios it has the screen capture and record, but I heard some people were having problems with the iPad 11 ios update, maybe its fixed by now ?  anyone here using iPad mini 5 with the new 11 ios ? with the Mavic pro.

Must be a iPad mini thing.  The trick of pushing "home button" and "power button" at same time has been around for sometime.  It does take nearly perfect timing.  Pressing either button before the other will not work.  It is push and quickly release of both, on older iOS versions.
With latest version of iOS, you can get away with first pressing power button, then home.

Here is an alternative method for getting screen snap shots.
https://www.igeeksblog.com/take- ... e-and-power-button/
2018-3-22
Use props
fansebc54862
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-21 20:09

Your new iPad mini won't do a screenshot when you press "Power on/off" and "Home" buttons at sametime?

Well, my iPad does screenshots thanks, I was pushing them too long, my bad.  
2018-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

fansebc54862 Posted at 2018-3-21 03:05
Ok went for another flight today same spot and sure enough, it popped up BUT this time it had a spot I could put a check mark and agree last time it was not there, BUT this time it popped up before takeoff which I guess is normal but it again popped up after take off about a minute into the flight, twice really ?  ok ill upload a picture of the pop-up.  now remember the first time it didn't have the agree check spot which I circled in red. [view_image]

This warning screen has a problem.  I'm glad you brought it up, as I've been wanting to but never think to snap a screenshot of it.

The problem with the screen is that it ignores the checkbox for long periods of time before accepting that you are clicking it.  I've seen 30 second delays in being able to get it to recognize that I have "clicked" there.  When it finally does put a check in the circle, you can immediately click on the Yes and go fly.  This needs to be fixed.

DJI needs to look at this.

Gary
2018-3-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Yup this is definitely a Go4 software bug. I get the same on my iPhone 8 - but not on my CrystalSky monitor. So it would appear to be an iOS only problem. It seems to be a bad formatting of the frame with the selection box (tick box)  being obscured by the scrollable chunk of warning and waiver text.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules