Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of All The Useless Mavic Air Posts?
12Next >
2892 48 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

I don't have one, I don't want one, and I don't give a rat's hiney about any problems they have. If I can't get what I want out of my Mavic Pro Platinum, I'll never be back to visit DJI for any reason. How can I filter out all of this useless garbage? Make it go away, please!
2018-3-16
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This hits the nail on the head. There are so many repeat threads and useless bits of garbage on here that make it a chore to find something that is actually worth the time. Every forum is the same but with each new generation new pilots come the same issues, questions and poll's. Would love to see the mods true feelings and reactions to some of the people on here.
2018-3-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

If you click on "Mavic" at the top of the page, it opens up a menu that shows lots of filters at the top  under the blue bar.  Those submenus let you filter for things.  All they really need to do is add one for Mavic Pro.  That, I think, would be more likely for them to accept than a totally new category.
2018-3-16
Use props
Rha
lvl.2
United States

WoW!
so the world revolves around you.......
other drones post other than mavic pro do not count.......
my guess is you are upset that the AIR is a better drone than your pro or that the new pro is around the corner and you are stuck with old tech either way sucks to be you....
2018-3-16
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could make that argument about anything you're not interested in, like posts complaining about not being able to simply use the filters at the top of the page.....  

Ian
2018-3-17
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-3-16 21:01
If you click on "Mavic" at the top of the page, it opens up a menu that shows lots of filters at the top  under the blue bar.  Those submenus let you filter for things.  All they really need to do is add one for Mavic Pro.  That, I think, would be more likely for them to accept than a totally new category.

A MP section has already been requested this week by someone and I agree as the Mavic  tab has been taken over by Air. Post number 4 maybe points a finger at the age range of people buying into DJI and different attitudes to posting.
2018-3-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Above all this thread is useless.
2018-3-17
Use props
CopyCatz
lvl.2
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-17 00:48

Really appreciate it, thanks

But anyway, you'd think that someone as advanced as a DJI pilot would have learned how to use the tag system at the top of the forums. Ah well I guess I learn something new every day.
2018-3-17
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There is no tag for Mavic Pro (Platinum), so searching for related threads isn't that easy. Since the release of the Mavic Air forum users are complaining... several requested the create a Mavic Pro (Platinum) tag, like the one there is for Mavic Air...

#DJI Grace #DJI Thor
2018-3-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone know why it is so difficult for DJI to add a filter tab for Mavic Pro/Platinum????? By the way, the 'search' function on this forum is absolute CRAP!  
2018-3-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought we were all one big happy drone community working together to enjoy our hobby. Anyway, I agree that the search function on this forum does need looking at.
2018-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t know if you realize it but this is the Mavic forum, not the Mavic Pro forum or the MPP forum, just the Mavic Forum and that’s the way it always has been, you may learn something here , first thing is not to post pointless threads.
2018-3-17
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

How do I filter out all the Mavic pro crap? Soon to be Mavic pro 2 crap.
2018-3-17
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

No, seriously I am learning from all relevant posts.
2018-3-17
Use props
Bill-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70722 ft
United States

THIS IS THE FIRST USELESS POST THAT SHOULD BE FILTERED OUT!!!
2018-3-17
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please remove all posts that don’t interest me.  It’s all about me.
2018-3-17
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-17 00:48

I totally agree with Wachtberger
2018-3-17
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Mari Posted at 2018-3-17 01:33
There is no tag for Mavic Pro (Platinum), so searching for related threads isn't that easy. Since the release of the Mavic Air forum users are complaining... several requested the create a Mavic Pro (Platinum) tag, like the one there is for Mavic Air...

#DJI Grace #DJI Thor

Spot on.
Mavic air users have the option to use the "mavic air" filter buton at the top of the page and see nothing but mavic air.
There is no option for mavic pro users to filter just mavic pro posts.

This is hardly a pointless post. This issue has been raised time and time agian(so it probably is pointless in that regard as they just don't GAF or understand what we are asking for) since the air was released.
2018-3-17
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-3-17 02:00
I thought we were all one big happy drone community working together to enjoy our hobby. Anyway, I agree that the search function on this forum does need looking at.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

2018-3-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I rarely disagree with Hallmark, but I do here.  When I try to read the Mavic forum, I get mostly AIR posts.  I read this forum several hours a day.  Much more than half of that time is reading unlabeled posts that turn out to be some other drone when it finally comes out.  And don't give me the argument that the AIR is a Mavic too.  It may be, but that's only because it was mis-named.  They are very different.
2018-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-17 16:58
I rarely disagree with Hallmark, but I do here.  When I try to read the Mavic forum, I get mostly AIR posts.  I read this forum several hours a day.  Much more than half of that time is reading unlabeled posts that turn out to be some other drone when it finally comes out.  And don't give me the argument that the AIR is a Mavic too.  It may be, but that's only because it was mis-named.  They are very different.

I think you might have misinterpreted the OP of the thread, it was about getting rid of the useless Mavic Air posts , my answer was to make aware that Mavic Air posters are entitled to post here as they have no other relevant place to post. A lot of them myself included are dual owners and their posts are not useless, while it sounds derogatory I’m hoping it was tongue and cheek, we should all learn to respect what others post here.
It’s the responsibility of dji to get some order on the forum if users are finding it difficult navigate its not the fault of Mavic Air users, just like Mavic Pro users I’m sure they have their problems navigating, I also believe that new users of both Mavic Air and Mavic Pro have benefited from the experience of those of us including your good self with all sorts of help that will help them have a more pleasant experience with their new purchase.
So hopefully the guys at dji will present us with a more navigation friendly format that many on both sides are looking for.
2018-3-17
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-17 16:58
I rarely disagree with Hallmark, but I do here.  When I try to read the Mavic forum, I get mostly AIR posts.  I read this forum several hours a day.  Much more than half of that time is reading unlabeled posts that turn out to be some other drone when it finally comes out.  And don't give me the argument that the AIR is a Mavic too.  It may be, but that's only because it was mis-named.  They are very different.

Several hours a day?  You need a hobby.
2018-3-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can simply just ignore the posts?
2018-3-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-3-17 19:16
Several hours a day?  You need a hobby.

I'm retired and have several hobbies, thank you.
2018-3-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-17 19:39
You can simply just ignore the posts?

Pretty hard to do when very few are labeled as to what bird they pertain to.
2018-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 2018-3-17 01:55
Does anyone know why it is so difficult for DJI to add a filter tab for Mavic Pro/Platinum????? By the way, the 'search' function on this forum is absolute CRAP!

This won't solve it.  But I found it very helpful for searches.  Use Google to do a targeted site search.

In Google search bar:
flew away "mavic pro" site:/forum.dji.com
separate forum "mavic air" site:/forum.dji.com
2018-3-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-17 19:57

No I'm completely in agreement it would be nice to bifurcate all Mavic Pro and Mavic Air posts, because many Mavic owners don't own both and so it's a complete waste of everyone's time for posters to opine on a Mavic they don't own?

The fact Mavic Air doesn't have Follow Me mode and that plays a huge role for the Mavic Pro in the DJI GO 4 App, and Mavic Pro doesn't have APAS are the two biggest reasons they should be separated. The Spark and Mavic Air have more in common related to given they both have WiFi, while Mavic Pro and Phantoms are more closely related, given they have Ocusync and Lightbridge, which uses the HD streaming capabilities and their ranges have similarities.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest to keep these boards simple, to the point, and less confusing. DJI does a good job with these boards, I'm not saying they don't, but there's always ways to improve and this topic would be one of them.
2018-3-17
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

2018-3-18
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Time to go...one step beyond, i guess.
2018-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-17 20:54
No I'm completely in agreement it would be nice to bifurcate all Mavic Pro and Mavic Air posts, because many Mavic owners don't own both and so it's a complete waste of everyone's time for posters to opine on a Mavic they don't own?

The fact Mavic Air doesn't have Follow Me mode and that plays a huge role for the Mavic Pro in the DJI GO 4 App, and Mavic Pro doesn't have APAS are the two biggest reasons they should be separated. The Spark and Mavic Air have more in common related to given they both have WiFi, while Mavic Pro and Phantoms are more closely related, given they have Ocusync and Lightbridge, which uses the HD streaming capabilities and their ranges have similarities.

I think you will find that all drones have much in common and there are varying degrees of experience here on the forum.
Things that are relative to all dji drones, compass, IMU, Gimbal, CPU’s, PMU, VPS, magnetometers, Accelerometers, Barometer, ESC’s, Gyroscope’s, propellers, SD cards, GPS, Glonass, radio frequency, etc,

So you see there are many issues about many subjects we can learn from each other there are very few issues that are only concerning either Mavic or MavAir and most of these are software , but there is a heck of a lot of software that is common to both drones , to completely separate this forum and have a complete separate forum for MavAir would be to lose out on a very big knowledge base already built up here on the Mavic forum.

Over on phantom forum their knowledge is shared although the difference between a phantom 2 and a P4p is huge , yet they have a wealth of knowledge that they can pass on to each other and new users etc, from technical to photography to flying skills etc .

There is no need for a separate forum just use the same set up they use over on phantom forum and to do that they only need to add 1 more column for specific use to Mavic Pro. There are plenty of complainers on this forum dji has just given them another excuse to complain but this is what these guys live for and they are at the minute having their hour in the Sun, but hopefully dji won’t give them to many more excuses to complain.

“Out of clutter, find simplicity.”
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-18 16:02
I think you will find that all drones have much in common and there are varying degrees of experience here on the forum.
Things that are relative to all dji drones, compass, IMU, Gimbal, CPU’s, PMU, VPS, magnetometers, Accelerometers, Barometer, ESC’s, Gyroscope’s, propellers, SD cards, GPS, Glonass, radio frequency, etc,

I guess you make a fair argument and your point is fairly raised. The only pet-peeve I have is on organization, I would organize the posts by individual drone under its drone model type and enable better search screen tools to look through on past posts.

For example, I would list Mavic and Phantom as they do, but when you click on to those headings, you will then see another row of headings such as Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, etc. And then the master DJI Forum search page I would incorporate screen searching tools such as search by term, word, exact, or phrase, such as time and duration, and length and views.

When I do a search for the topic subject from my own posts, I never get a list of past posts that were mine I created. The only way for me to go back to one of my original past posts is to use my Personal Homepage, which I can do but then how about when other people do searches that were not they're own or posts they responded to, a lot of the important information seems to get lost by these weird algorithms currently being incorporatetd by DJI?
Thanks.
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-16 20:53
This hits the nail on the head. There are so many repeat threads and useless bits of garbage on here that make it a chore to find something that is actually worth the time. Every forum is the same but with each new generation new pilots come the same issues, questions and poll's. Would love to see the mods true feelings and reactions to some of the people on here.

I completely agree with you, someone should take the initiative to combine similar like posts into one upon the creator agreeing to, and learning of, that thread.
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-17 19:57

Labeling the posts of which Mavic you're referring to would be helpful, but sometimes you get subtle buzz words such as Ocusync and WiFi.
2018-3-18
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Agree with you... this forum is getting useless for MP users
2018-3-18
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-18 16:53
I completely agree with you, someone should take the initiative to combine similar like posts into one upon the creator agreeing to, and learning of, that thread.

Instead of all the look at me fluff on the front page of the forum, they should have the basic safety pointers, most popular FAQ's of the week/month and vids. This will enable people to find answers before re-asking for something dumb that has been covered before and answered without looking.
2018-3-19
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

heres a good way
anigif_enhanced-26960-1394220266-21-iloveimg-compressed.gif
2018-3-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:24
Instead of all the look at me fluff on the front page of the forum, they should have the basic safety pointers, most popular FAQ's of the week/month and vids. This will enable people to find answers before re-asking for something dumb that has been covered before and answered without looking.

Anything to help make people ask more efficient questions and help make improvement in the quality of feedback, I'm all in favor.
2018-3-19
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

All these type of threads do is wear out my mouse wheel!

2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well, it's all about the name right?
Mavic
2018-3-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Haven't seen any response from DJI yet regarding similar complaints; not even something to show they care!
2018-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules