VIDEOS TAKEN BY Z30 HAVE FRAME LOSS
3510 39 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dolmongi.gmail
lvl.1
South Korea

Hello!

I bought Matrice210 and Z30  a few days ago. I took some video clips. When I played the clips they were not normal. Moving Objects on video clips looks like ghosts. And When I used

zoom, the video clip were abnormal.  So I checked the file  properties. And I knew that the frame rates were odd.  When I set to NTSC, the clips have only 27 or 28  frames When I set

to PAL, the clips have only 22 or 23 frames. ON the Z30 Specifications, you say "video resolution is 1920*1080 25/30p". Why does my z30 lose some video frames?

I do not understand why this problems happen. I cannot use this clip for broadcasting. Do not say "check firmware", I already check.

I guess the problem is only Z30 itself.  

Look forward to your answer asap  
2018-3-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,
I own the same setup than you : M210 & Z30, and I've just checked my Z30 video files on my computer:
When I didn't use Zoom, then the frame was 30.
But you're right, when I use zoom, I've the same results than you:
Some of my files (zoomed) are 26frames, or 27 frames...    it depends how long time I used zoom.

I use M210 & Z30 & Cendence & CS lasts firmwares, and the original SD card of Z30.
I cannot realize more tests for a while (since my stuff is back to DJI for repair) but it could be interesting to try to record in zoom x30 and see how many frames there are when optical zoom is used. And compare with zoom x180 and see if lost of frame ONLY happens between zoom x30 and zoom x180 when digital zoom is used.

DJI engineer explination is requiered !
2018-3-17
Use props
dolmongi.gmail
lvl.1
South Korea

I tested various SD card including Class 10, UHS-1, and the one in the Z30 provided by DJI. They are all under 64GB

All the SD cards have a same problem.

As you mentioned, if everyone who use Z30 have a same problem, I think it is a serious problem.

I really hope DJI has a solution
2018-3-17
Use props
dolmongi.gmail
lvl.1
South Korea

You will also have same problem with Z30 pan and tilt. So it means when Z30 camera moves(pan tilt zoom), this problem happen I guess. I do not understand this expensive camera has this kind of problem
2018-3-17
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-17 04:12
Hi,
I own the same setup than you : M210 & Z30, and I've just checked my Z30 video files on my computer:
When I didn't use Zoom, then the frame was 30.

how do you guys determine that z30 video has less than 30 fps? on my setup and videos i just checked: 1) file properties and 2) went in adobe premiere and on a fully-zoomed 30x video segment, manually counted 30 frames on a 1-sec interval.
so i get 30 fps in both cases as expected from the z30 settings but i dont doubt issues might arise with others' hardware. just asking how you counted the less than 30 fps and share the experience.
2018-3-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-17 16:47
how do you guys determine that z30 video has less than 30 fps? on my setup and videos i just checked: 1) file properties and 2) went in adobe premiere and on a fully-zoomed 30x video segment, manually counted 30 frames on a 1-sec interval.
so i get 30 fps in both cases as expected from the z30 settings but i dont doubt issues might arise with others' hardware. just asking how you counted the less than 30 fps and share the experience.

here is an original video file from Z30 last firmware...  https://we.tl/rpEQSmSkZf
you can see 27 frames (instead of 30) with Windows properties or with Adobe Premiere Pro (that's what I see in my computer, what's about you?)

As you can see, I zoomed more than x30, maybe that's why this issue appears?
Anyway you can make some tests with your Z30 by zooming more than X30 and see if you find the same frame issue. Or maybe by using Pan / Tilt moves as dolmongi.gmail said before.

Let us know !!
2018-3-18
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-18 01:37
here is an original video file from Z30 last firmware...  https://we.tl/rpEQSmSkZf
you can see 27 frames (instead of 30) with Windows properties or with Adobe Premiere Pro (that's what I see in my computer, what's about you?)

yeah, the file itself shows 27 fps. weird. adobe reads it as 27 fps also...
hopefully that also gets sorted out by the upcoming z30 firmware update
you got no drift anymore though
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I've reported this to our engineers for review, will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-3-19
Use props
dolmongi.gmail
lvl.1
South Korea

Dear DJI Susan

Thanks for your reply!

Hope there is a way to figure it out.

Let me know if you have a update asap
2018-3-19
Use props
dolmongi.gmail
lvl.1
South Korea

Today I did some settings that official DJI dealer told me which is "Reset camera setting" "Camera Gimbal Advanced Setting - Reset All Setting".

Dealer here contacted dji engineer in China and told me this way yesterday.

But It didn't work at all. No change.
What is wrong with Z30?
2018-3-19
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 02:06
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I've reported this to our engineers for review, will come back as long as there is an update.

Any news????
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this, I'll keep follow up as well. Appreciate your patience.
2018-3-22
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 03:16
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this, I'll keep follow up as well. Appreciate your patience.

so i went back to my z30 video files and checked 20 files worth of z30 footage from my m210. 90% shot on dji pilot (beta!) with dual camera and in most cases the x5s was filming in parallel to the z30. all 20 but 3 files from z30 have 27.03 fps, not 30 fps as shown on the dji pilot app in settings. the x5s are ok at 59.94 fps. very weird.

the video i checked before for the post/reply above had 30 fps and was the longest video on the z30 i had and was working at the time. doing a double-check now, 17 out of the 30 have only 27.03 fps.

hoping that this is addressed in the next firmware update.

2018-3-25
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this, I'll keep follow up as well. Appreciate your patience.

thanks for helping us! i also had shared uav flight data with dji in an attempt to isolate issues with camera. DJI Mindy from this forum has the files from my flights.
2018-3-25
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are still working on this, I'll keep follow up as well. Appreciate your patience.

DJI Susan,

I guess many Z30 users get this frame issue.
At least, 3 of them (on this thread) get this frame issue with their Z30.
We're 3 customers here, claiming help (around >20 000$) and there is no any DJI Engineer to advice or to reassure us for more than 15 days?! really ?! that's how DJI care about pro customer?!
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the issue has been reproduced at our end, one or two frames will be lost in some scenarios with a certain probability. They are investigating the exact status and locating the root cause. Appreciate your patience and support.
2018-3-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-27 00:05
Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the issue has been reproduced at our end, one or two frames will be lost in some scenarios with a certain probability. They are investigating the exact status and locating the root cause. Appreciate your patience and support.

thanks for answer even if you (or DJI engineers) only conclues what we've already concluded:

We lost frames when we use: ZOOM or PAN or TILT....
and we wait 15days for you to say the same thing we already said? maybe DJI could hire us as DJI engineers...............................

that's totaly ridiculous
2018-3-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the issue has been reproduced at our end, one or two frames will be lost in some scenarios with a certain probability. They are investigating the exact status and locating the root cause. Appreciate your patience and support.

it's not about one or two frame lost... sometimes I get 26 frames (instead of 30) : it's about 4 frames
2018-3-27
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

My probability of frame loss with the z30 is near 100%.

i just conducted 5 tests and all 5 concluded that the video files from the z30 give 27.03 fps, not the 30 fps as advertised. i would appreciate if someone could replicate the tests and report back. I will be phoning DJI enterprise support to investigate solutions. for the time being, i would much rather see a solution to such major problems (e.g., z30 frame loss, gps signal loss, compass issues, green video feed when recording in air) on the m210+z30+x5s setup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... np/view?usp=sharing

i paid close to USD$30k on dji equipment (m210, z30, x5s, a ton of tb55s, etc.) plus related UAV gear that was required as part of my provincial UAV licence from transport canada. need professional gear that works every time for my job. DJI please help.

test 1: dji crystal sky tablet, dji pilot app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise it's error prone)
test 2: dji crystal sky tablet, dji go 4 app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise it's error prone)
test 3: dji crystal sky tablet, dji pilot app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2)
test 4: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji GS PRO app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2)
test 5: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji GS PRO app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise it's error prone)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... np/view?usp=sharing

result: all 5 vids were at 27.03 fps, not the advertised 30 fps for this expensive camera that i need for work. latest firmware, no updates were available on the apps.  memory cards were formatted before use, and camera settings were reset in the app. last week had done a firmware refresh after speaking with DJI enterprise. today, i observed no issues, other than frame loss in videos. but then again, the m210 was not flying, was stationary on the kitchen table.

hoping a solution is available soon!
any help is much appreciated. thanks!
2018-3-30
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-30 10:02
My probability of frame loss with the z30 is near 100%.

i just conducted 5 tests and all 5 concluded that the video files from the z30 give 27.03 fps, not the 30 fps as advertised. i would appreciate if someone could replicate the tests and report back. I will be phoning DJI enterprise support to investigate solutions. for the time being, i would much rather see a solution to such major problems (e.g., z30 frame loss, gps signal loss, compass issues, green video feed when recording in air) on the m210+z30+x5s setup.

i called dji enterprise support today, they said that i have the option of sending in my m210 for repair... i guess i should do that before weather gets nice here in ontario.

i was recommended to do (another one) crystal sky factory reset, then dji assistant firmware refresh on the uav, etc. which i did... all fresh now.

the dji recommended i tried another sd card, not the original dji 16 gb class 3, so you can use a larger capacity one on the z30 as long as its class 3. i repeated tests 1 & 2 from above. same 27.03 fps on the new sd card. so it's not the card, it must be the dji hardware. need a solution.
2018-3-30
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-30 15:11
i called dji enterprise support today, they said that i have the option of sending in my m210 for repair... i guess i should do that before weather gets nice here in ontario.

i was recommended to do (another one) crystal sky factory reset, then dji assistant firmware refresh on the uav, etc. which i did... all fresh now.

phoned dji again, second time today. they are now definitely aware of this 27.03 fps z30 issue. i told them multiple users on the dji forum are reporting this.

i recommend anyone having this problem phone dji and request a solution... hopefully it doesnt get to sending in your uav for repair but rather it's a software bug that they can address due to the many reported issues & mounting pressure
2018-3-30
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

hello Susan, does DJI have an update re: Z30 frame loss? i continue to get 27.03 fps not the advertised 30 fps and have the latest firmware and all original dji equipment. thanks
2018-4-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

So Susan, what's about the 'exact status and location of the root cause' ?
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your patience. Our engineers are still working on this and will try our best to figure it out by the firmware update.
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 02:05
Thanks for your patience. Our engineers are still working on this and will try our best to figure it out by the firmware update.

Ok, so when can we expect the next firmware update?
Weeks? Months?
Any beta version to try for Pro Z30 users?
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 03:12
Ok, so when can we expect the next firmware update?
Weeks? Months?
Any beta version to try for Pro Z30 users?

I have no idea of the estimated turnaround for now, will keep follow up.
2018-4-17
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-17 00:36
I have no idea of the estimated turnaround for now, will keep follow up.

Hello DJI Susan,
I have 7+ GB of Z30 footage for a  municipal client (yes, i had installed all the latest updates this past week) and have varying frame rates (from as low as 25 to as high as only 27.02 fps, not 30 as set in the go4 app).

Please advise on an progress update from the DJI engineers. i have ~$30k USD invested just like many other pro users on this forum. I need pro equipment and commitment please.
Thanks very much.

2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-23 15:00
Hello DJI Susan,
I have 7+ GB of Z30 footage for a  municipal client (yes, i had installed all the latest updates this past week) and have varying frame rates (from as low as 25 to as high as only 27.02 fps, not 30 as set in the go4 app).

I have pushed the right team again and sorry that there is no more news for now.
2018-4-27
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 00:27
I have pushed the right team again and sorry that there is no more news for now.

Phoned DJI Support again about this issue yesterday and they had no solution yet. I had first flagged it to them in late March. not sure how many pro users of z30 are affected by this.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kozlio# Posted at 2018-5-2 14:25
Phoned DJI Support again about this issue yesterday and they had no solution yet. I had first flagged it to them in late March. not sure how many pro users of z30 are affected by this.

Our engineers are keeping working on this issue. We appreciate your support and patience.
2018-5-8
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 01:50
Our engineers are keeping working on this issue. We appreciate your support and patience.

Whay's up DJI Susan?

I bought Z30 because 30 fps  and live stream.
6months later, your camera is still not working as you promised.

Any news? Do we have to wait until Z30 V2?!
2018-5-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 01:50
Our engineers are keeping working on this issue. We appreciate your support and patience.

any news?!
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your patience. Our engineers are working on the new firmware, we'll release it soon.
2018-5-24
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-24 02:59
Thanks for your patience. Our engineers are working on the new firmware, we'll release it soon.

sweet... they are working on the new firmware that ll be realeased soon =)  ctrl+V

do your soon mean in few months, or next year?
2018-5-25
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Thanks for your patience. Our engineers are working on the new firmware, we'll release it soon.

DJI Susan Any news?
2018-5-28
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

any news on this? the latest series of updates (go4 app, pilot app, RC controller, CS) did not solve this
just ran a few quick tests and got 27.02 fps and 27.03 fps, not the full 30 fps as set in the app.
2018-6-1
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

dji tech support call center has no solution. the latest firmware updates did not fix this. this is not professional at all. made big investment for my work on this z30 camera+m210 uav. need a permanent fix
2018-6-1
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Update: I just got an update from our engineers that the issue has been reproduced at our end, one or two frames will be lost in some scenarios with a certain probability. They are investigating the exact status and locating the root cause. Appreciate your patience and support.
update 03june2018
latest DJI software/firmware from late May 2018

the problem (for me, and seemingly others, remains) - DJI Z30 camera does not film at 30 fps, it produces video of lower frame rate: 26.03, 27.01, 27.03, 28.02 fps but not the set in the app/DJI-advertised 30 fps. video type was .mp4, did not test as .mov.
2018-06-03 16_12_16-Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 - C__Users_kozlio_Documents_Adobe.png

with the newest suite of firmware/software updates (RC, CS, Go4, Pilot, m210, etc.), I re-ran the tests I conducted 2 months ago (post above on 30MAR2018) tests and all tests reaffirmed that the problem (for me, and seemingly others) remains - the DJI Z30 camera does not film at 30 fps, it produces video of lower frame rate: 26.03, 27.01, 27.03, 28.02 fps but not the set in the app/DJI-advertised 30 fps. i would appreciate if someone could replicate the tests and report back. I will be phoning DJI enterprise support again to investigate solutions. Last few calls gave no solutions, the DJI tech support was clueless. The latest updates did not fix this issued.

i paid close to USD$30k on dji equipment (m210, z30, x5s, a ton of tb55s (of which some failed in <10 charges in 6 months), etc.) plus related UAV gear that was required as part of my provincial UAV licence from transport canada. need professional gear that works every time for my job. DJI please help.

test 1: dji crystal sky tablet, dji pilot app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise on position #2, zoom does not work, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=146792&page=1#pid1342884)
test 2: dji crystal sky tablet, dji go 4 app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise on position #2, zoom does not work, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=146792&page=1#pid1342884)
test 3a: dji crystal sky tablet, dji pilot app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2) - both cameras were recording
test 3b: dji crystal sky tablet, dji pilot app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2) - only z30 was recording
test 4a: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji GS PRO app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2)- both cameras were recording
test 4b: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji GS PRO app, x5s (#1) + z30 (#2) - only z30 was recording
test 5: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji GS PRO app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise on position #2, zoom does not work, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=146792&page=1#pid1342884)
test 6: IPAD pro gen2 tablet, dji Go4 app, z30 only on slot #1 (otherwise on position #2, zoom does not work, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=146792&page=1#pid1342884)

results: all 6 tests and the resulting 8 video files (video type was .mp4, did not test as .mov) were at less than the set/advertised 30 fps.

tech: latest firmware. memory cards were formatted before use, and camera settings were reset in the app. today, i observed no issues, other than frame loss in videos. but then again, the m210 was not flying, no propellers were on, and the uav was stationary on the floor.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kozlio# Posted at 2018-6-3 14:15
update 03june2018
latest DJI software/firmware from late May 2018

The latest firmware is still undergoing testing. Please allow our engineers some time to check the performance and stability, thanks!
2018-6-10
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 6-10 01:21
The latest firmware is still undergoing testing. Please allow our engineers some time to check the performance and stability, thanks!

Hi Susan, did this reduced frame rate issue ever get resolved by the manufacturer?
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules