2195 19 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Guys, Did a quick flight today but it seems that everytime I fly the range gets worse, refer to video below flashing hd icon and remote icon then complete signal loss and today while flying Checked the compass has I always do and noticed the compass going into yellow while the gimble is moving. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. Screen recorder image video is poor did this in a haste could not wait for hd upload, sorry.

2018-3-17
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

This topic has been discussed here https://forum.dji.com/thread-107240-1-1.html To be honest, I would expect some low interferences, gimbal is made from 3x brushless motors and if they are moving, they produce electromagnetic field. So the question is> Are you experiencing any problem or it just bothers you? This doesn't influence range tho.
2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Axeli Posted at 2018-3-17 09:19
This topic has been discussed here https://forum.dji.com/thread-107240-1-1.html To be honest, I would expect some low interferences, gimbal is made from 3x brushless motors and if they are moving, they produce electromagnetic field. So the question is> Are you experiencing any problem or it just bothers you?  This doesn't influence range tho.

It just bothers me abit, that is not so much the issues has apposed to the extremely poor range I am getting.
2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Axeli Posted at 2018-3-17 09:19
This topic has been discussed here https://forum.dji.com/thread-107240-1-1.html To be honest, I would expect some low interferences, gimbal is made from 3x brushless motors and if they are moving, they produce electromagnetic field. So the question is> Are you experiencing any problem or it just bothers you?  This doesn't influence range tho.

I looked at this guys youtube video now has well and he claims this issue was fixed by getting the gimble replaced??
2018-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey suren - i was flying with my friend today, he has an s7 and pointed out to me that his icon was flashing with indications of interference - my icon was rock solid and i had no interference notices or issues.. We launched within meters of each other and flew over the same area. the app on his device was showing interference and mine was not. you may remember recently i posted about the flashing icon - that was from a flight i did with his phone and my drone. The flashing rc icon only happens on his (dji recommended) device , not on mine (i have other issues not relevant to this thread). Before you replace the gimbal see if you cant try another device first. I personally feel as though the issue resides with the software.
2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-17 15:29
hey suren - i was flying with my friend today, he has an s7 and pointed out to me that his icon was flashing with indications of interference - my icon was rock solid and i had no interference notices or issues.. We launched within meters of each other and flew over the same area. the app on his device was showing interference and mine was not. you may remember recently i posted about the flashing icon - that was from a flight i did with his phone and my drone. The flashing rc icon only happens on his (dji recommended) device , not on mine (i have other issues not relevant to this thread). Before you replace the gimbal see if you cant try another device first. I personally feel as though the issue resides with the software.

Thanks Bekaru. I bought a 6s Plus to use for the drone and flew with that yesterday and had the issue. If the icon just flash that then should be okay but it now disconnects around 300 meters with poor image error coming up
2018-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-3-17 22:17
Thanks Bekaru. I bought a 6s Plus to use for the drone and flew with that yesterday and had the issue. If the icon just flash that then should be okay but it now disconnects around 300 meters with poor image error coming up

aaahh - thats make make you wanna scream - sorry to hear you got these issues now - hope you get it resolved asap
2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-17 23:15
aaahh - thats make make you wanna scream - sorry to hear you got these issues now - hope you get it resolved asap

Well just done a complete firmware refresh, imu calibrate, gimble calibrate now, going to an open field when rain lets up to do a compass calibrate and HOPE for the best.
2018-3-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an Samsung S7 as well but not sure whey this would be a device issue. I think the flashing on the App also is reflected on the RC itself?
2018-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

hey suren - can i suggest you try a particular order of switching on and connecting the devises.
Dji says: first switch on RC and then switch on drone and then after that connect the cable to the phone.
Personally i switch on my drone first and then RC and then connect to phone. Doing it in different order causes glitches for me.
You could also try another cable and also try the different ports - its worth a shot.

2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-17 23:39
hey suren - can i suggest you try a particular order of switching on and connecting the devises.
Dji says: first switch on RC and then switch on drone and then after that connect the cable to the phone.
Personally i switch on my drone first and then RC and then connect to phone. Doing it in different order causes glitches for me.

Thanks will try thatif all else fails then this drone is going back to drone world
2018-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-3-17 23:27
Well just done a complete firmware refresh, imu calibrate, gimble calibrate now, going to an open field when rain lets up to do a compass calibrate and HOPE for the best.

holding thumbs for you - i know how frustrating this can be. dji causes a problem and then you end up spending so much time chasing your tail and wasting hours on end doing refreshes etc.
Really hope you come right - i am going to fly at 11 and hope to see that you came right when i get back.
Do try another device if at all possible - i think this should be everyones first step in trouble shooting -
i know all to well how difficult it can be to get hands on another device but its the best suggestion i can offer.
2018-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-3-17 23:42
Thanks will try thatif all else fails then this drone is going back to drone world

try test another phone before you do that - otherwise it will get to them, they will use another device and if it then works will simply send it back to you
2018-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-17 23:50
try test another phone before you do that - otherwise it will get to them, they will use another device and if it then works will simply send it back to you

Have 3 phones that I will try with each battery, iPhone 8, iPhone 6s+ and Samsung s8. As soon has weather clears will do a test post feedback. Thanks Again Bekaru always good advise from you.
2018-3-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-17 23:43
holding thumbs for you - i know how frustrating this can be. dji causes a problem and then you end up spending so much time chasing your tail and wasting hours on end doing refreshes etc.
Really hope you come right - i am going to fly at 11 and hope to see that you came right when i get back.
Do try another device if at all possible - i think this should be everyones first step in trouble shooting -

Hey Bekaru. Okay so after doing a firmware refresh, changing all the props, calibrating gimble and imu went out on a flight with my 3 batteries, first flew with the S8 and found issues still there at around 500 or so meters, brought drone back and changed phone to iPhone 6s+ and off I went again and wow got to around 1,2 km with only 1 bar drop on Rc icon. this was great. did not want to risk going further has there will be no way to recover drone from this area so I came back. But this was a great flight possible the best so far for me and the furthest that I went. will be trying a good range month end when away on holiday. Did exactly has you said first power up drone, remote then connect cable to phone. Still have the Gimble causing the compass 2 to go over 400 almost into red when tilting Gimble down. not sure if I must still send it in to Drone world to get the Gimble sorted out. I saw on another thread here of the same issue and it was fixed by replacing the Gimble.
2018-3-18
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-3-18 03:02
Hey Bekaru. Okay so after doing a firmware refresh, changing all the props, calibrating gimble and imu went out on a flight with my 3 batteries, first flew with the S8 and found issues still there at around 500 or so meters, brought drone back and changed phone to iPhone 6s+ and off I went again and wow got to around 1,2 km with only 1 bar drop on Rc icon. this was great. did not want to risk going further has there will be no way to recover drone from this area so I came back. But this was a great flight possible the best so far for me and the furthest that I went. will be trying a good range month end when away on holiday. Did exactly has you said first power up drone, remote then connect cable to phone. Still have the Gimble causing the compass 2 to go over 400 almost into red when tilting Gimble down. not sure if I must still send it in to Drone world to get the Gimble sorted out. I saw on another thread here of the same issue and it was fixed by replacing the Gimble.

Hey Suren - trouble shooting is always tricky but it sounds like you got 2 problems (one resolved with different device) and 2nd problem wrt gimbal and compass not yet resolved in spite of various devices.

based on this understanding (if it is correct) and considering other users advise regarding gimbal change seems to fix the problem then it may be prudent to send it in.
Drone world replaced my gimbal previously without cost plus they paid for collection and delivery and did turn around in 1 week and 1 day - so it is not as painful an experiance with drone world as it seems sometimes for others.

if that fixes your problem, great - i will hold thumbs it does
2018-3-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-18 04:20
Hey Suren - trouble shooting is always tricky but it sounds like you got 2 problems (one resolved with different device) and 2nd problem wrt gimbal and compass not yet resolved in spite of various devices.

based on this understanding (if it is correct) and considering other users advise regarding gimbal change seems to fix the problem then it may be prudent to send it in.

Thanks, Going on holiday for the Easter weekend so will only send it in when I get back, need to make some vids there of wild coast sun.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Suren, the RC and HD icon may flash if there is strong interference. You can change to another open location without interference to check. As for the compass issue, I'd suggest sending the unit in for diagnosis, please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-18 23:12
Hey Suren, the RC and HD icon may flash if there is strong interference. You can change to another open location without interference to check. As for the compass issue, I'd suggest sending the unit in for diagnosis, please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have contacted the supplier and will be sending in the drone for a gimble check and replace in April.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Suren Posted at 2018-3-19 11:20
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have contacted the supplier and will be sending in the drone for a gimble check and replace in April.

Well noted, thank you! Feel free to contact us if there are any further questions, we're glad to help.
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules