Battery Falling Off Spark
2526 28 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28091 ft
United States

I got this drone literally 2-3 months ago I’ve been waiting for the summer time to really go out and far so today I try to go I’ll say far but not as far as many would go with their Spark, then randomly I’m flying and I just lose connection for no reason my battery was fine had about 90% ( I just took off ) had all firmware updates everything was fine so I went to get it it felled pretty hard since it was pretty high up, right their and the. I already knew the only possible scenario was that the one of the holders to maintain the battery on the drone must’ve gotten loosen, Ive heard about this happening to many other DJI spark owners didn’t think it would happen to me, I already contacted support hopefully their able to do something , if you are a dji spark owner I really suggest you checking to see if your drone can hold a battery before every launch otherwise this will happen to you
7B58C50A-6B96-44C1-9CDC-B317AF1B7F6F.jpeg
FAB3A1EE-8894-435F-8A5C-036CEFA7AF79.jpeg
2018-3-17
Use props
R2V2
New
United States

This just happened to me last weekend while I was out in the desert. I was flying at night just saw the drone fall out in mid air. The battery detached leaving both the spark and battery in 2 different places. I recovered both. However, I'm not sure why the battery detached in mid air, or if it detached when it hit the ground. You mentioned check to see if "your drone can hold a battery". How do you go about testing that?
2018-3-17
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Hi! Is always recommended to check the lock at both sides of the battery, just check my video:

2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
United States

V_kingo Posted at 2018-3-17 10:34
Hi! Is always recommended to check the lock at both sides of the battery, just check my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ytl8EN3tQ

Yea I didn’t know I needed to check the locks till I actually researched and seen that it happen to others..

I did spend like 600$ for the fly more combo so I would only think that issues like these wouldn’t occur especially since I only flew it a few times..
2018-3-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I use this religiously...
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-17 12:00
[view_image]   I use this religiously...

Do you know where I can purchase one of those??
2018-3-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Amazon...Spark Battery Protector
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-17 14:02
Amazon...Spark Battery Protector

Thanks...

Going to probably try and still send in my DJI spark shouldn't have to use this to keep my battery from falling off my spark... every time i try to fly it..
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sorry for the accident. Did you contact our support? Here is the link for you to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support  Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

R2V2 Posted at 2018-3-17 09:35
This just happened to me last weekend while I was out in the desert. I was flying at night just saw the drone fall out in mid air. The battery detached leaving both the spark and battery in 2 different places. I recovered both. However, I'm not sure why the battery detached in mid air, or if it detached when it hit the ground. You mentioned check to see if "your drone can hold a battery". How do you go about testing that?

Hi, sir. Did you send it back for further check? I would recommend you provide the flight record for further analysis if your drone in under warranty. Please provide us the case number so we can track it. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
chamchoumino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21355 ft
Tunisia

personnaly i always put a piece of tape to secure the battery, i have always the feeling that the battery will detach one day.
2018-3-19
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-17 12:00
[view_image]   I use this religiously...

Orderd it @Alibaba! Thanks for your tip!
2018-3-20
Use props
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-19 23:07
Hi, sorry for the accident. Did you contact our support? Here is the link for you to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support  Thanks for your support.

I will do that now..
2018-3-20
Use props
djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-19 23:11
Hi, sir. Did you send it back for further check? I would recommend you provide the flight record for further analysis if your drone in under warranty. Please provide us the case number so we can track it. Thanks for your support.

Case Number: CAS-1572893-B6D7J0

Also do I post my flight record here?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_lKsaPJQIh8VM Posted at 2018-3-20 11:30
Case Number: CAS-1572893-B6D7J0

Thanks for your update. Please provide it to our support and inform us if you have doubt in your case.
2018-3-22
Use props
Grant_Vorster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394514 ft
South Africa

Always good to have a pre flight checklist.  
Checking battery status and clipped in definitely one.
Hope you have a positive outcome in your claim
2018-3-22
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

batterys always falling out of sparks , poor battery design from dji ...........................

always fly with one of these :

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2574130

or this one

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2740246

safety first , people below and your wallet
2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_QujzpsUcMfyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11473 ft
United States

I had my battery fall off about 80 feet over a frozen lake, no way I was going to crawl over the ice to go get it as temp was just over freezing.  Was really terrible watching the drone and battery laying there on the ice, I had no idea others had this issue until I got home and read about it....  I rebought as I really enjoy the spark but I definigly got the DJI care and bought battery straps on Amazon which are coming tomorrow.
2019-2-25
Use props
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

Wow you guy's brought something for me to check now.
2019-2-25
Use props
weseli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38402 ft

Serbia

Best thing is to check battery every time before flight, or to buy battery protect.
2019-2-25
Use props
Nilanjan Sharma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Inspect all your batteries.

If any of them belongs to BAD type shown above, buy this.
2019-2-26
Use props
alesar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Greece

]A casual and cheap solution
2019-2-26
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

alesar Posted at 2-26 03:53
[view_image]]A casual and cheap solution

Pretty much the best one. Rubber band and no hassle of ordering/waiting random stuff from internetz.
2019-2-26
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

battery holder always you never know.
2019-2-26
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

alesar Posted at 2-26 03:53
[view_image]]A casual and cheap solution

great idea
2019-2-26
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I have been happy with using a #141 O-ring in the same manner as the band post #22 above.  The thing I like about the O-ring is that you can roll it up onto the body when changing the battery.  Easier than the band. IMHO
2019-2-26
Use props
Dudehomer
New

United States

Same thing happen to us except our drone was severely damaged. DJI refused to honor their warranty and I refused to pay them for repairs so we are going to take them to court. We are also going to raise awareness that they know of this defect and refuse to address it. We are working on a social media campaign to hold them accountable for their lack of integrity. It's a real shame because they make a good drone. They should honor their warranties.
2019-3-14
Use props
Dudehomer
New

United States

Same thing happen to us except our drone was severely damaged. DJI refused to honor their warranty and I refused to pay them for repairs so we are going to take them to court. We are also going to raise awareness that they know of this defect and refuse to address it. We are working on a social media campaign to hold them accountable for their lack of integrity. It's a real shame because they make a good drone. They should honor their warranties.
2019-3-14
Use props
PaulGr
lvl.1

United States

This same thing just happened to me. I had my Spark hovering about 15 feet off the ground as I was simply looking at an air vent on the roof of my house when the battery just fell off and the Spark crashed to the concrete deck and it snapped the plastic housing by the motor. I contacted DJI support and they asked me to send them the video cache and video recording which I did. It shows the drone simply hovering and then goes black from when the battery drops out. DJI support are saying they can't say its their fault and they won't commit to any help on the repair. They told me to just send the drone in and they will tell me what it costs to fix it after they look at it (and if I choose not to fix it they will charge me $60/hour for simply looking at it!. DJI is NOT taking responsibility for a design flaw that is causing their drones to drop from the sky and crash and break (or get lost).
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules