"battery error" with new battery
796 7 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

When flying today I got a red "battery error" message at the top of the screen with abot 35% remaining. I was using a new battery for the first time.

I was close by and had no trouble landing. I have never looked at my flight logs before, but I am guessing that may show what happened. I can return this battery to Amazon.

The other 3 batteries I used today had no problems.

2018-3-17
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

When I look at my flight record and flight log I do not see the "battery error" message - but it was there on my iPad while flying.
2018-3-17
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Did you check the battery’s firmware? I also bought a battery from Amazon and updated the firmware and never had any problem.
2018-3-18
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-18 07:09
Did you check the battery’s firmware? I also bought a battery from Amazon and updated the firmware and never had any problem.

Yes I did. Spark would not start until I updated firmware.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

marlowe Posted at 2018-3-18 10:31
Yes I did. Spark would not start until I updated firmware.

Please enter the Aircraft battery and see if the difference between battery cell is over 0.1. If you fully charge the battery and the error message still exists, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Cycle the battery a time or two with a full charge.  It likely was fairly well discharged during warehouse storage.  That lets battery cells get out of balance.  A charge might get them balanced back out.  Otherwise, return them for a fresher one.
2018-3-19
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-3-19 20:51
Cycle the battery a time or two with a full charge.  It likely was fairly well discharged during warehouse storage.  That lets battery cells get out of balance.  A charge might get them balanced back out.  Otherwise, return them for a fresher one.

I had seen 0.2v out out of balance. I discharged it down to 3%, recharged and seems OK now - but I prefer to return it (easy to do with Amazon) and get another.
2018-3-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I had the Battery Error message two weeks ago...battery still showed 92% and 12-13 minutes...the only thing that was abnormal for me was my phone battery was at ~10%...was your phone battery low???
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules