12Next >
29770 43 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob S
New
United States

Hi.

I have a new Mavic air.  It is showing a main controller error and says to run the IMU calibration. I have removed the propellers and have it on a flat service. I go to the Calibrate IMU screen and hit the start button and nothing happens.  I have the latest firmware updates.  Nothing seems to be wrong.  On startup the gimble goes through its motions, I just can't get the calibrate to do anything. Is there a hard reset or something that I should be doing?  I have removed the battery and put in a different one.  Still no love.

Thanks.

Rob.
2018-3-17
Use props
Rob S
New
United States

I wanted to pass this along from the DJI guys here in Colorado.  They told me to put to the Air in the freezer for an hour.  I pulled the battery and in it went.  60 minutes later I pulled it, put in the battery, and reconnected and it sat there waiting to warm up.  Once it cleared that though my IMU issue was completely gone.  Not sure why this worked but thought I would pass it on in case it helps someone else.  Rob
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rob, thank you for the update and glad that it came back to normal. However, I will still recommend that you try to calibrate the IMU once again. See if you can initiate the IMU calibration on the Main Controller Settings.
2018-3-18
Use props
Rob S
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-18 22:52
Rob, thank you for the update and glad that it came back to normal. However, I will still recommend that you try to calibrate the IMU once again. See if you can initiate the IMU calibration on the Main Controller Settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY&index=2&t=0s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i

Hi.

I did as you recommended this morning and the calibration process started up and finished no problem.  Thanks.

Rob
2018-3-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should try to calibrate your IMU using your PC?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rob S Posted at 2018-3-19 08:56
Hi.

I did as you recommended this morning and the calibration process started up and finished no problem.  Thanks.

Good to know. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-19 09:01
You should try to calibrate your IMU using your PC?

IMU doesn't need to calibrate via the PC. But the vision system can be calibrated via DJI Assistant 2.
2018-4-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 03:08
IMU doesn't need to calibrate via the PC. But the vision system can be calibrated via DJI Assistant 2.

That's what I meant of course the vision system. Thanks for clarifying.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-7 07:35
That's what I meant of course the vision system. Thanks for clarifying.

I sometimes mistype words, too.
2018-4-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-8 02:42
I sometimes mistype words, too.

We're all human
2018-4-8
Use props
Enrique HK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14278 ft
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-18 22:52
Rob, thank you for the update and glad that it came back to normal. However, I will still recommend that you try to calibrate the IMU once again. See if you can initiate the IMU calibration on the Main Controller Settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY&index=2&t=0s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i

Thank you very much for this. Been trying to calibrate the IMU of my new Mavic Air and the problem was that as it is shown on the app DJI GO 4 theres no perspective to the image and it looked like the drone was flat on the ground instead of having to actually position the drone on all those different positions manually. This video is perfect and I successfully managed to calibrate.
Ready to fly!!! thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Enrique HK Posted at 2018-4-16 23:05
Thank you very much for this. Been trying to calibrate the IMU of my new Mavic Air and the problem was that as it is shown on the app DJI GO 4 theres no perspective to the image and it looked like the drone was flat on the ground instead of having to actually position the drone on all those different positions manually. This video is perfect and I successfully managed to calibrate.
Ready to fly!!! thanks!

Good to know that it helps you, Enrique. Enjoy your flight, btw, be cautious.
2018-4-18
Use props
Danny Berndt
lvl.1

I know this is an older forum but I just ran into this same issue... Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol
2018-7-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Danny Berndt Posted at 2018-7-30 20:40
I know this is an older forum but I just ran into this same issue... Spent hours on end trying to fix this issue... DJI assistant, DJI support, restoring older versions, reupdated versions, freezer, max battery etc! I was told to send it into DJI but I couldn't afford the week+ of not having my drone for work... Long story short this next solution actually worked... I smacked it with my palm a few times... and it actually worked... I had to calibrate the compass but once I smacked the drone a few times, the IMU wasn't acting up and I was good to go! Hope this helps lol

Smacking drone and it getting around IMU problem does not sound good.
Usually that means a bad connection.  Whether it be a connector, foil run, solder joint, or even a wire with a break.  Have seen small metal pieces (remnants of IC chip leg, solder flake) causing a short to open with vibration, only to come back later.  Thermal changes doing similar.

Do hope your IMU problem is permanently resolved.
2018-7-30
Use props
fans90868685
lvl.1

Guya i’m facing the same problem IMU calibration do not starts.
2018-10-12
Use props
fans90868685
lvl.1

fans90868685 Posted at 2018-10-12 18:25
Guya i’m facing the same problem IMU calibration do not starts.

Status indicates accelerometer failed and IMU Calibration do not start
2018-10-13
Use props
rust79
New

Netherlands

II also have problems with the IMU calibration. When I start my tello drone I get a sensor error. This does not indicate which sensor it is. When I then go to IMU calibration there is a red sign. If I try to calibrate then it does nothing. Have already tried to re-pair the battery, re-installed firmware and simply waited a few minutes when the drone was started up.
2018-10-23
Use props
Mavic Joey
lvl.1
United States

I'm running into a similar issue. I select "start" on the calibrate IMU page and it does nothing. Any solutions?
2019-1-19
Use props
FidyRas
New
Madagascar

Having the same issue, can not start IMU calibration
2019-4-18
Use props
fans5e310c50
New

Belgium

Mavic Joey Posted at 1-19 10:26
I'm running into a similar issue. I select "start" on the calibrate IMU page and it does nothing. Any solutions?

Hi, have you found by any chance a solution for this problem?
2019-6-26
Use props
fansc37fde67
New

India

Hi,  I have a brand new Mavic Air,  however having some connection issues.  Getting a message saying Gimball cannot access main control data,  also showing a Gyroscope and IMU error.  Have tried to calliberate but nothing happens beyond the START screen.  Can someone help.  Thanks,  Indra
2019-7-21
Use props
fansc37fde67
New

India

fansc37fde67 Posted at 7-21 00:32
Hi,  I have a brand new Mavic Air,  however having some connection issues.  Getting a message saying Gimball cannot access main control data,  also showing a Gyroscope and IMU error.  Have tried to calliberate but nothing happens beyond the START screen.  Can someone help.  Thanks,  Indra
I have tried to restart the MA and the Remote Controller but nothing happens. Anyway will uninstall and reinstall the app as maybe some software issues.
2019-7-21
Use props
fansc37fde67
New

India

Is it possible to tag an admin for. Some quick help.  
2019-7-21
Use props
fansf4ab1c54
New

United States

fansc37fde67 Posted at 7-21 00:59
Is it possible to tag an admin for. Some quick help.

Did you figure it out? I have exactly the same problem. Clicking on Start doesn’t do anything, the IMU calibration doesn’t start.
2019-7-27
Use props
fans99f67f96
New

United States

I’m also having the issue. Nothing seems to work.
2019-10-20
Use props
Diego P.
lvl.1

Argentina

Having the same issue, IMU calibration does not work. Anyone found a solution?
2019-11-15
Use props
Jordan Michael Fresh
New

United States

I cannot believe it but after a full day of troubleshooting, freezer, ect., i smacked the ... outta her and she flies once more.. I appreciate the knowledge, wisdom, and experience, of everyone, i hope anyone else who is having a similar issue, finds a solution that works for them!

Happy Piloting eveyone!

Jordan Fresh
2019-12-23
Use props
fans8230b140
New
United States

Jordan Michael Fresh Posted at 2019-12-23 08:41
I cannot believe it but after a full day of troubleshooting, freezer, ect., i smacked the ... outta her and she flies once more.. I appreciate the knowledge, wisdom, and experience, of everyone, i hope anyone else who is having a similar issue, finds a solution that works for them!

Happy Piloting eveyone!

Hello Jorda, Just wondering if you have any useful tip that I can use? I have the same issue and I can not do the downgrade since no versions are showing on my device.

thanks,
2020-1-17
Use props
Benjamien
lvl.1
Belgium

I'm having the exact same problems. Brand new drone (Mavic Mini) I select "start" on the calibrate IMU page and it does nothing. Any solutions?
(error messages: 40012, 30050, 30055) Can't this be fixed with an update, or at least a message in the app why the IMU doesn't start when hitting the start button.

2020-3-20
Use props
Benjamien
lvl.1
Belgium

Benjamien Posted at 3-20 03:09
I'm having the exact same problems. Brand new drone (Mavic Mini) I select "start" on the calibrate IMU page and it does nothing. Any solutions?
(error messages: 40012, 30050, 30055) Can't this be fixed with an update, or at least a message in the app why the IMU doesn't start when hitting the start button.

On this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208572 there was a suggestion to slap the drone while turned off. It worked for me. Unbelievable...
2020-3-20
Use props
djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg
lvl.2

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 03:06
Good to know. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.

hola tengo el mismo problema, mi drone no pasa de 20% en  la calibracion Imu me sale un mensaje de temperatura siempre, estoy en islandia a temperatura -2 grados y adentro tengo unos 16 a 20 grados y en ningunas de las condiciones logro completarla aparte que tarda bastante en llegar al 20% casi 10 minutos a veces un poco menos, que puedo hacer?
2020-4-2
Use props
djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg
lvl.2

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 03:06

Hi, I have a problem with my phantom 3 4k, I try to do the imu calibration and it always reaches 20% or less and it gives me a temperature error, I am in Iceland and I have -2 degrees and inside between 15 and 20 degrees and the same I always have the same problem.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg Posted at 4-2 13:32
Hi, I have a problem with my phantom 3 4k, I try to do the imu calibration and it always reaches 20% or less and it gives me a temperature error, I am in Iceland and I have -2 degrees and inside between 15 and 20 degrees and the same I always have the same problem.

Hi, please try to warm up the battery first, after startup the drone, please leave it for a while and then calibrate it.
The operation temperature of the drone is 0° to 40°C, it is not suggested flying when the environment temperature is lower than 0°C, thank you.
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg
lvl.2

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 00:49
Hi, please try to warm up the battery first, after startup the drone, please leave it for a while and then calibrate it.
The operation temperature of the drone is 0° to 40°C, it is not suggested flying when the environment temperature is lower than 0°C, thank you.

I have found the problem, is that my drone has a problem with the firmware. since when the imu is calibrated it should not make any request and my drone always does DDDD-DDDD as if I was looking for or installing a firmware, so every time I try to put the firmware on the phantom 3 4k it gives me an error when it goes by 70% So if I open the drone camera but with an error in the firmware since I do not install 100%, what can I do?
2020-4-3
Use props
djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg
lvl.2

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 00:49

????????????????????????
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_L5BN7ZkrNehg Posted at 4-3 05:12
I have found the problem, is that my drone has a problem with the firmware. since when the imu is calibrated it should not make any request and my drone always does DDDD-DDDD as if I was looking for or installing a firmware, so every time I try to put the firmware on the phantom 3 4k it gives me an error when it goes by 70% So if I open the drone camera but with an error in the firmware since I do not install 100%, what can I do?

I am sorry for the late reply. If the firmware was not updated successfully, you can try to connect the drone to the computer, format the SD card and check the firmware on the DJI GO app. If the firmware update available, it will prompt on the app. Then you can download and update the firmware. If the firmware update keeps failing, you may send in the drone for service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back.
2020-4-9
Use props
Hamo
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 4-9 23:14
I am sorry for the late reply. If the firmware was not updated successfully, you can try to connect the drone to the computer, format the SD card and check the firmware on the DJI GO app. If the firmware update available, it will prompt on the app. Then you can download and update the firmware. If the firmware update keeps failing, you may send in the drone for service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back.

Hi, I have tried to upgrade and confirmed that firmware from my mavic air is updated.
Unfortunately, DJI go 4 app is still showing Main Controller Data Error, and again nothing can be started even i clicked IMU Calibrate -> Calibrate IMU -> START

2020-4-10
Use props
Oneshotpk
lvl.2

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-9 23:14
I am sorry for the late reply. If the firmware was not updated successfully, you can try to connect the drone to the computer, format the SD card and check the firmware on the DJI GO app. If the firmware update available, it will prompt on the app. Then you can download and update the firmware. If the firmware update keeps failing, you may send in the drone for service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back.

this its no the link
2020-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hamo Posted at 4-10 04:27
Hi, I have tried to upgrade and confirmed that firmware from my mavic air is updated.
Unfortunately, DJI go 4 app is still showing Main Controller Data Error, and again nothing can be started even i clicked IMU Calibrate -> Calibrate IMU -> START

Sorry, if refresh the latest firmware for the drone and restarting the drone didn't help, I'd suggest that you send the drone back to repair. If you are located in Hong Kong, you can book a swift service https://www.dji.com/service/repa ... dsite&from=nav.
2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Oneshotpk Posted at 4-10 04:33
this its no the link

I am sorry for the delay. You can go to https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav directly.
2020-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules