PIX4D Mapper Software For Inspire 1
6459 17 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agallo33.gmail
lvl.1

Costa Rica

I'm greatly displeased with DJI once again in their failure to deliver a product on time or described.
I purchased first round of pre orders for the dji inspire 1. We all know how that went.

I recently purchased the Pix4d Mapping software and as described "Works for all DJI flying platforms". 100% untrue. The DJI Inspire does not work and DJI tells me, "I need to wait and one day it will work for the DJI Inspire. Considering it's a yearly subscription it's pure CRAP.

DJI REFUND MY G'DAMN MONEY. THIS IS BULLS@!#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#
2015-5-5
Use props
jhannon66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... erent-models-of-DJI
2015-5-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience but I know developers are working hard on developing SDK sir. The process is accelerating.
2015-5-5
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Actually, although there is no official pix4d app for the inspire, but its supported. You can take pics manually as I do, and then load them into pix4d.. I know its not as good as waypoints etc, but you can work with it until the sdk is released.. I'm mad a bit too, cause I bought the inspire mainly for photogrammetry too. I'm interested in the video capability but In my business model I need waypoints..

Just be patient, its seem DJI is working hard on these features
2015-5-6
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

IMHO, too little too late for me. DJI has not delivered on what it originally said the Inspire 1 was capable of with regard to software etc.

Unfortunately I have made my mind up to sell all my equipment and move to another platform. Shame, but I really need the ease of use that other drones offer, such as the SOLO. My disabilities are what influence my loyalty to a brand and DJI has not delivered for me.

I wish all you guys I've made friends with on this forum the very best of luck and safe flying.

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

Everyone keeps mentioning the 3DR Solo and all of its great features but has it been released yet? Before everyone jumps ship and preorders this craft with all these features you may want to wait to see if they deliver. I am sure you would hate to be in the same boat owning a craft waiting on the pre-realeased features like we are currently..cough...cough...DJI.
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-6 17:54
IMHO, too little too late for me. DJI has not delivered on what it originally said the Inspire 1 was ...

I fully agree with what you are saying and feel the same way and was close on doing the same the other week. However I do feel that DJI  Autumn and Ed are starting to make great progress in supporting us on this forum and using feedback constructively. There are a team of Beta testers who I have no doubt working hard on the next firmware update. Why not hang in there for another month and see what happens? It would be a shame to lose you Muzzy.  
2015-5-6
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-6 20:28
I fully agree with what you are saying and feel the same way and was close on doing the same the o ...

Thank you Rockeyes and DJeff1.

Your words are full of wisdom and maybe you are right, I shall give your philosophy some thought, as you (DJeff1) say, its better not to "Jump out of the frying pan into the fire"! I shall monitor how the SOLO does, before I fly-off into the sunset.

Regards.
Muzzy.
2015-5-6
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well done mate.
Wish they would sort out the private messaging and hope you seen that latest post on the batteries.
2015-5-6
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done several tests and have had success with using images from my DJI Inspire 1 with Pix4D.  While it is disappointing that DJI hasn't made all the features promised for the Inspire active yet (Waypoints, IOC etc).  The SDK was just recently released, and I've learned that Pix4D staff are working to get the Phantom 3 & Inspire 1 to be supported by their capture App.  However even without an automated way to collect the images, manual flight and image capture will produce a good results.
2015-5-6
Use props
matty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-5-7 01:09
I've done several tests and have had success with using images from my DJI Inspire 1 with Pix4D.  Wh ...

Hi, have you got any good tutorial sources to point to for inspire/pix4d workflow.
2015-5-9
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

matty@psionic.c Posted at 2015-5-9 21:22
Hi, have you got any good tutorial sources to point to for inspire/pix4d workflow.

It depends a little on the desired end product.  You can start with placing some aerial photo/GCP targets in the area of interest if the final geolocation matters, or skip this step if it doesn't.   Fly a grid pattern (can be monitored via map view on tablet) slowly across the area of interest with the camera pointed Nadir (straight down). The altitude dictates final ground sample distance (GSD/pixel size) Select 5 second time lapse as image type via the shutter button in Pilot app. You are looking to get ~75% overlap between images.m if you are just looking for a nice orthometric image you can stop there.  If you want a great looking dense pt cloud, also fly loops around (or grid pattern depending on project size/complexity) with the camera at a 45 degree angle or so..  This provides oblique views of building/object sides.  You can also mix in photos from the ground taken by other camera (gopro, dslr, or even inspire camera  etc) you are looking to minimize any occlusions ( area in images not seen). I think a good rule of thumb may be to get 5 or more "looks" at anything you want well represented input cloud.  The images from inspire have geolocation already in exif header, so just take SD card out and copy to computer and load into pix4d project.  Label photos by different groups if taken by different cameras to make file management easier.  Use a computer with the fastest CPU & GPU available.  I'm using an iMac with dual core i7, 32 GB ram & 2gb vid Ram and data stored and project processing on 120GB SSD.  I believe my CPU is my weak link when watching system stats during processing.  Pix4D has a great support site with lots of  info & videos and tutorials.  I'd suggest taking time to look through it.  I started off two years ago with a Sensefly eBee fixed wing UAV which uses pix4d "powered software" ( just like pix4d, but only processes images from ebee) and have recently stared playing with full pix4d pro.  I just tried an interior mapping project where I captured 300 images via handheld Gopro 3 and was stoked on the quality of the output.  The images weren't even geotagged, just a string of photos taken every step or two, and the software was still able to build an impressive  pt cloud.  Just experiment and you'll find that it is really pretty easy (easier if you have a solid background in GIS & remote sensing).  I've been advised that the geniuses @ Pix4d are hard at work on including the inspire 1 & phantom 3 in their capture App and hope to have my hands on a beta copy shortly.  I showed my bosses at the local water utility what pix4d and an inspire can do and have gotten approval to get one for work (now I am learning how to get a 333 exemption)
Feel free to drop me an email if you have specific ?s pinpointmapping@gmail.com
2015-5-9
Use props
matty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-5-10 01:14
It depends a little on the desired end product.  You can start with placing some aerial photo/GCP t ...

Thank you for the detailed reply.
A client who installs solar panels has asked me if my inspire can build a 3d point cloud of a roof, so I think I have enough to go and give it a shot.
best
Matt
2015-5-10
Use props
jono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361604 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

If you are still waiting for Pix4D capture for Inspire we urge you to check out DroneDeploy's support for Inspire and Phantom 3.

https://blog.dronedeploy.com/dro ... a-test-a498cabb0bcb
2015-6-23
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-6 21:01

Your words are full of wisdom and maybe you are right, I shall giv ...

The few people I know who have played with a SOLO say that half the features it promises either aren't implemented or don't / barely work.

Remember the 3DR IRIS? It was supposed to be a Phantom-killer, too.

DJI may be dropping the ball on some things but unless you're looking to roll your own you're not really going to get much better anywhere else.
2015-6-23
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Drone Deploy looks like another option, but doesn't look like its available for Mac, at least not yet from what I can see.
2015-6-24
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Muzzy Posted at 2015-5-6 21:01

Your words are full of wisdom and maybe you are right, I shall giv ...

I considered moving to solo too... but I will stay with I1 and P3. there are a few reasons:

1. I think in short time DJI will release Autopilot - for I1 and P3 too.. They have the same controller and share most of the parts of the firmware too..
2. Solo is not that sophisticated as the Inspire1. I cant compare it with the P3, cause the Solo is not OUT yet.
3. Solo does not support Autopilot function. At least not in the moment. there are some features available now - to those who it in preorder(orbit follow, cable-cam, selfie) but NO autopilot. It will come in the future and I cant guess what is the future.. For DJi it takes 6months+ to release it. Maybe it will be the same for solo.
4. Solo's gimbal is crappy - I talked to a guy who is testing drones and had the chance to test the solo. He said the gimbal is unfinished, choppy, does not work very well
5. "The world’s first drone made for your GoPro®" - GoPro cant be used in photogrammetry - cause of the fisheye lens. So GoPro = NO for PIX4D
6. No Lightbridge - only wifi connection. I would wonder how would you do a 2km flight with live video as I do with the I1 or P3

and so on....

I would definitely not jump ship now. I think Autopilot will come in near future and till that all those fancy modes like orbit, followme etc will be available via AutoFlight Logic's software(DJI supports them)
2015-6-24
Use props
petergreer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632667 ft
United States

Correct; the site says compatible with 3/ inspire but it's still beta  . I was very unhappy when I discovered ..
2015-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules