Drone Flew off
1404 8 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitch72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69213 ft
United Kingdom

First error message was RTH MANUAL ONLY.... Followed by STICK ERR.. unfortuntaely the drone was already in the air when these messages came thru, and she just continued to fly off, was only by the luck of the gods, that the drone was flying up hill, so she ran out of height and just stopped and hovered, screaming at me there was an obstacle.
None of the controls on the controller were responsive, the RTH button wouldn't work either, so had to shut down the controller and the APP, it was only when rebooting controller and app that she autoatically returned to home.

Never really had issues with flying prior to the latest firmware update, but since the latest frimware update I have only flown twice and both times having problems, this time really did scare me though, had I been flying over flat ground she would have just kept flying forward until she ran out of battery.

There is no way I am going to be able to fly again using the DJI GO APP, I have lost all faith in its stability in keeping control of the Drone and am not prepared to fly £1,200 to the middle of no where, not knowing if I will ever get it back, not to mention if I knowingly fly that Drone, knowing that at anytime it can just fly off on it's own in any direction or height? then surely I am not flying responsibly and leaving myself wide open to prosecution, should the Drone go out of control again and fly into an aircraft!!!

Perhaps DJI should alter the Firmware of the Drone, so that in the event of a controller error, the drone automatically returns home and lands and then shuts down, because as it is at the moment is dangerous.

In the mean time if anyone can suggest another more reliable app I can use I will be most grateful... Until then she will sit on the shelf.
2018-3-18
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I use Litchi over the Go 4 App, very user friendly, many more features, advance flight planning. You can d/load it for IOS or Android. Around $25 USD, once you buy it it will be good for any device that uses the same Platform, if you buy IOS version and decide to go with Android down the road you will have to re-purchase the Android version.

Litchi
PS: it doeas not supprt the new Mavic Air as of yet, but it will soon.
2018-3-18
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69213 ft
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-18 03:58
I use Litchi over the Go 4 App, very user friendly, many more features, advance flight planning. You can d/load it for IOS or Android. Around $25 USD, once you buy it it will be good for any device that uses the same Platform, if you buy IOS version and decide to go with Android down the road you will have to re-purchase the Android version.

Litchi

Brilliant thank you ...will certainly be purchasing that.
2018-3-18
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I think many choose to use other apps such as Litchi or Drone Harmony simply because the Go4 app is crapp....
2018-3-18
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
United States

Just remember that if your drone is still under warranty and you are using a 3rd party app when it crashes or flies off the warranty will be void.
2018-3-18
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

it's likely there is not app fault  and be a random event.
maybe you should have refresh the software and reinstall the dji go 4 to solve your problem

"Sorry for my English"
2018-3-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The part where the remote still had connectivity to the drone but the Mavic wasn't responding to stick inputs is interesting.  Normally it is just someone who can't fly ATTI mode and has lost orientation to the drone.  Holding the sticks hard over in the wrong direction as the drone obeys and flies further away.  

Like an elderly gent stomping on the car's gas pedal, thinking it is the brake pedal, and claiming the car accelerated on its own.  Wink wink, nudge nudge, car accelerated on its own.  Posting the flight log data will let people see the stick inputs and if the drone obeyed them or ignored them.
2018-3-18
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing! Can you post the flight log?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-3-18
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Canada

I can't see why you'ld assume it was the app. Post your flight record.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules