Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CrystalSky Warranty Period
2108 10 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf4909f13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352346 ft
United States

Well, I was just checking my equipment getting ready to go to Moab, Utah for the annual Easter Jeep Safari for two weeks. I bought the CrystalSky Ultra back in December specifically to use for this trip. It was working just fine three days ago, and now that I'm almost ready to leave, wouldn't you know, the backlight has quit working. Ugh!@!

What is the warranty period for this? I'm assuming it is a year, but I can't find the information on the DJI website.

2018-3-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Most of the parts are 12 months. You can find the information here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Also, try swapping out the battery.
2018-3-18
Use props
fansf4909f13
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-18 07:52
Most of the parts are 12 months. You can find the information here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Also, try swapping out the battery.

Two batteries tried, both fully charged. I can see the screen in the right light, but no backlight.

Your link takes me to the same page that I found myself, the "After_Sales Service Policies" which states that each product may have a different warranty period, and to check specifics for different products at http://www.dji.com/service which takes you to the DJI Support page. Clicked on "Product Support", then "Professional", then "Crystalsky". The only thing on that page are FAQs which don't include any warranty information.

They don't make it easy to find this information. Anybody know for sure?
2018-3-18
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately it is a common fault with the CS UB. More crap DJI quality.... no option but file a return ticket and send it in. It’s 12 months on the unit and 6 months on the batteries I believe.  
2018-3-18
Use props
Fistworthy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1613953 ft
Australia

Yep, common fault. Backlights have failed twice now on my ultra.

Sent mine back for replacement (second time) yesterday, first time took around three weeks.

DJI don't have a support option for the CrystalSky yet, I just chose "Inspire2" from the dropdown menu but put the CS serial number and explained it was a Crystalsky in the body of the support email.
2018-3-18
Use props
fansf4909f13
lvl.2
United States

Fistworthy Posted at 2018-3-18 16:47
Yep, common fault. Backlights have failed twice now on my ultra.

Sent mine back for replacement (second time) yesterday, first time took around three weeks.

Thanks for the information. I was trying to decide whether to send it in before or after my trip, depending on when the warranty ran out.

This is the most disappointed that I've been in any product that I've spent this much money on. I feel like a beta tester and that DJI is not fully committed to the product.
2018-3-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
United Kingdom

We all feel the same way. DJI had seriously lost the plot. The quality control is horrific and the CS and Inspire 2 are just terrible - I regret buying both of mine.
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

dan_vector Posted at 2018-3-19 16:10
We all feel the same way. DJI had seriously lost the plot. The quality control is horrific and the CS and Inspire 2 are just terrible - I regret buying both of mine.

Strictly my opinion - DJI needs to replace CrystalSky with new and greatly improved CrystalSky II.
Then offer all CrystalSky owners a heavily discounted upgrade to CrystalSky II.  Along with 2-year warranty.

One can dream?
2018-3-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-19 22:48
Strictly my opinion - DJI needs to replace CrystalSky with new and greatly improved CrystalSky II.
Then offer all CrystalSky owners a heavily discounted upgrade to CrystalSky II.  Along with 2-year warranty.

Should be an FOC replacement in my opinion!! I will never be one of the early adopters for any DJI product in the future. The whole experience is less than satisfying!! I still have an Inspire 2 that I can't be confident in. Oh to be a DJI customer!!
2018-3-20
Use props
Squatched
lvl.1
United States

I Just bought mine from the Wal-Mart website for $599. I added a 3yr Wal-Mart Care warranty to it for $69. I researched the Wal-Mart care and it seems really good. Definitely easier than sending to DJI. It is attached to the CS and if I sell it the warranty goes with it. Covers pretty much ANY problem you could have with it. Seemed like a no brainer.
2018-3-25
Use props
MBrown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619790 ft
United States

This is what I found.  https://www.dji.com/service/poli ... ter#warranty_period  You need to select the "Warranty of Main Parts*"  line.
I bought mine through WalMart as well and added the 3 year protection plan.  Keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to use it.  
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules