Losing Active Track
1283 7 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409478 ft
United States

In the period of a 5 months, I've noticed that in exact conditions, same subject, and in the same location that the active track is losing the subject (slow bicyclist) more often than not.  Seems to guessing and locking onto other objects which wasn't the case prior to the previous firmware.

Anyone else experiencing this?   
2018-3-18
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Yep! Had this multiply times.

What worked for me was highering the drone upto 15 meters!
2018-3-18
Use props
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the reply.   So going higher seemed to make it easier for tracking?   Interesting.   Perhaps the spark doesn't have to maneuver as rapidly when up 15 meters.   
I do admit that i was half that.
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I noticed the Active Track was rock solid my first two months owning the Spark. Into my 3rd month and Active Track just doesn't seem that rock solid as it had before?
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-18 14:25
Yes, I noticed the Active Track was rock solid my first two months owning the Spark. Into my 3rd month and Active Track just doesn't seem that rock solid as it had before?

I'm going to do some more testing in Active Track to see if it was something by way of the Sun or clouds being the problem as opposed to the software or hardware being the problem?
2018-3-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I've noticed that yawing the aircraft is jerky at best when I take video...but if I climb and increase the camera angle down, the panning/yawing gets smoother.  I wonder if this is the case in tracking...with the camera up the jerkiness of yaw is more pronounced as it tries to track and it loses sight of the subject easier.
2018-3-18
Use props
fansdcc0ce23
lvl.2
United States

Yes, areas where more yaw was involved generated a slower stutter and eventually lose track (or lock onto something else completely different).    Still it seemed to work better months back for handling.  I'd just lose a subject when it went from bright sun to a shaded area.
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdcc0ce23 Posted at 2018-3-18 14:08
Thanks for the reply.   So going higher seemed to make it easier for tracking?   Interesting.   Perhaps the spark doesn't have to maneuver as rapidly when up 15 meters.   
I do admit that i was half that.

Please try to track a slowing moving object. If you have video, please provide it to us for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules