Can’t get drone to start
1562 30 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I am new to drones. I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard, had it repaired, and tested so I know it was working, and now that I have it home can’t get it going. When trying to link my tablet I am getting “No internet connection.” When I try to turn the drone on both the drone lights up (batteries look good) and the remote controller looks fine, but can’t get the motors to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The 'No Internet Connection' is a misleading message. It is coming from your tablet and it is really saying 'I can find a WiFi signal, but that WiFi signal has no connection to the Internet'. And that is true, because it is coming from the RC unit and it certainly does not have any connection to the Internet. What you must do is ignore the message and make the connection anyway.
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 15:25
The 'No Internet Connection' is a misleading message. It is coming from your tablet and it is really saying 'I can find a WiFi signal, but that WiFi signal has no connection to the Internet'. And that is true, because it is coming from the RC unit and it certainly does not have any connection to the Internet. What you must do is ignore the message and make the connection anyway.

Ok, do you mean my tablet should be connected via my usual wi fi connection? If so, that connection works fine, it’s when I try to use the Phantom wi fi that I get the message. Not sure if it means anything but the camera does work thru the tablet.
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:32
Ok, do you mean my tablet should be connected via my usual wi fi connection? If so, that connection works fine, it’s when I try to use the Phantom wi fi that I get the message. Not sure if it means anything but the camera does work thru the tablet.

Thanks for your response by the way
2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Than you are ready to take off, and yes it is the only one wifi connection, use it
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-18 15:37
Than you are ready to take off, and yes it is the only one wifi connection, use it

Any idea why the motors won”t start?
2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:39
Any idea why the motors won”t start?

No, did you get any warning messages? Can you try auto takeoff function?
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-18 15:42
No, did you get any warning messages? Can you try auto takeoff function?

No warning, it just says disconnected. I did try the auto takeoff function but that didn’t work either.
2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:44
No warning, it just says disconnected. I did try the auto takeoff function but that didn’t work either.

So you have picture from camera, is that correct? I think it is good to reinstall the APP and try, if the problem continued, try re-linking the remote controller with aircraft again, I hope this will work for you
2018-3-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What color is the recessed light under the drone?
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, you do not need to connect to any Internet connection, you need to accept the connection from the RC unit, or Phantom WiFi as you call it. When you see the message, it is just telling you that the Phantom WiFi does not have a connection to the Internet, but that's fine, it does not need it. Until you accept that connection, you will not get anywhere.
2018-3-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 15:55
No, you do not need to connect to any Internet connection, you need to accept the connection from the RC unit, or Phantom WiFi as you call it. When you see the message, it is just telling you that the Phantom WiFi does not have a connection to the Internet, but that's fine, it does not need it. Until you accept that connection, you will not get anywhere.

Geebax, do you think he is not selecting the phantom wifi on his device?
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

When I select the Phantom wifi it says “no internet connection.”
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-18 15:50
So you have picture from camera, is that correct? I think it is good to reinstall the APP and try, if the problem continued, try re-linking the remote controller with aircraft again, I hope this will work for you

Ok, thank you I will try that
2018-3-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

That is normal.  Just select it
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 15:55

Thanks for your response. How do I accept that connection?
2018-3-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Just tap on the word Phantom and the numbers.
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-18 16:05
Geebax, do you think he is not selecting the phantom wifi on his device?

Yes, I am trying to explain that he should ignore the message and accept that connection (as you suggested).
2018-3-18
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 16:25
Yes, I am trying to explain that he should ignore the message and accept that connection (as you suggested).

Sorry I was away for a bit. Relinked my rc to drone and still nothing, camera works, everything is lit up but cant get the motors to start. Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-21 15:45
Sorry I was away for a bit. Relinked my rc to drone and still nothing, camera works, everything is lit up but cant get the motors to start. Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks

If the motors won't start, usually there will be a message displayed in the Go App telling you why. Can you see the output of the camera on your phone?
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Still no luck trying to get motors to start. Re-linked rc to drone, everything is lit and camera is working but motors wont start. Any ideas?
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Would the compass not being calibrated casue the motors to not start?
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-21 15:50
If the motors won't start, usually there will be a message displayed in the Go App telling you why. Can you see the output of the camera on your phone?

I am getting a compass error, saying to calibrate the compass. Do you think that can be the problem?
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

If the motors won't start, usually there will be a message displayed in the Go App telling you why. Can you see the output of the camera on your phone?

Also getting a message my aircraft has entered a warning zone (class B) Please fly with caution. I am currently in my house. I have started the motors in the house in the past (without props).
2018-3-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

What color are your rear lights on the aircraft?
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-18 15:50
What color is the recessed light under the drone?

The lback lights (away from battery) underneath drone are red
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-21 16:07
The lback lights (away from battery) underneath drone are red

Sorry the recessed light which i think is the one that shows whether linked or not is green
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

I got it to work, the compass had to be calibrated.  Thank you very much for your help and patience.
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-21 16:02
What color are your rear lights on the aircraft?

I got it to work. Seems that the compass had to be calibrated. Thank you vey much for your help and patience.
2018-3-21
Use props
Jupiter44
lvl.1
United States

I got it to work, seems that i had to calibrate the compass. Thank you very much for your help and patience.
2018-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jupiter44 Posted at 2018-3-21 16:19
I got it to work, seems that i had to calibrate the compass. Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Glad to hear you are working again.
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules