2036 11 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi everyone,

Im sorry if this has been discussed before but i thought of making a new thread specifically for my case.

Ive had my p4 for a year and 2months now. No crashes or mishaps. All updated to the latest firmware versions. Flying it with an iPad mini 4 updated to the latest ios version.

A few firmware versions ago, i did not have any problem with range. In the areas I use to fly, i was getting 2-3km without any signal loss.

Now, I can barely make it up to 200m before total signal loss and RTH is initiated.

I have an Inspire 1, Mavic pro, and a spark. All of them are averaging the same 2-3km in the areas I usually fly. Only the p4 has this issue in my fleet.

I use the same iPad mini 4 with the Inspire 1 and no issue with range whatsoever. Im sure this rules out any device-related issue.

I have tried relinking the rc to the p4 and there is no improvement.

Any advise as to how to proceed from here? Are there ways to pinpoint the exact cause of this problem? is it on the aircraft or on the rc? can DJI diagnose this for me if i send a couple of aircraft flight data?

Any help will truly be appreciated. I love my p4 and I want it to fly the way it used to.

Thanks!

2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Give it a try with another device to check, I recommend you faster device and keep wifi turned off while flying
2018-3-18
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

Vendex Posted at 2018-3-18 15:40
Give it a try with another device to check, I recommend you faster device and keep wifi turned off while flying

Thanks for the advise, will give it a try. But im honestly not too optimistic on this one as I have been using the same device for the inspire 1, mavic pro and spark. None of them have experienced any range issue at all. Will try though and report back here.

thanks!
2018-3-18
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Kokok Posted at 2018-3-18 17:05
Thanks for the advise, will give it a try. But im honestly not too optimistic on this one as I have been using the same device for the inspire 1, mavic pro and spark. None of them have experienced any range issue at all. Will try though and report back here.

thanks!

Did you re-login in the app into your DJI account after the last firmware update?
The last update reset most settings to default and required new log-in.
Without log-in range is limited but I think to even less, something like 50 meters...
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, is there any obvious damage on the antennas? Have you tried to adjust the antennas direction? Is there any chance change to another RC to verify? If not, I'm sorry that you may consider to send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-19
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 04:13
Just to verify, is there any obvious damage on the antennas? Have you tried to adjust the antennas direction? Is there any chance change to another RC to verify? If not, I'm sorry that you may consider to send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi,

No damage to the controller. Never dropped nor mishandled. The controller is in pristine condition. Is there another way to diagnose this without needing another controller? Dont have anyone to borrow from.

Thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would send it back to repair.
2018-3-19
Use props
Kokok
lvl.4
Philippines

Ive been reading in other forums and social media group specific to the p4 that many users are also experiencing this. Most users report that after the last firmware updates, they started to experience this. Same case as mine as a few firmware ago, my p4 was working flawlessly.

is there a hard reset/reboot/firmware refresh on the aircraft and rc?

Im thinking of rebooting/refreshing both the aircraft and rc, reinstalling the go 4 app, new device cable, rebinding the rc to the aircraft. Hope this works.

Thanks
2018-3-19
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Always check. Airplane mode on
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kokok Posted at 2018-3-19 18:04
Ive been reading in other forums and social media group specific to the p4 that many users are also experiencing this. Most users report that after the last firmware updates, they started to experience this. Same case as mine as a few firmware ago, my p4 was working flawlessly.

is there a hard reset/reboot/firmware refresh on the aircraft and rc?

You can refresh the aircraft firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see whether there is any luck. If not, please refer my previous suggestion for return.

2018-3-20
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 23:48
You can refresh the aircraft firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see whether there is any luck. If not, please refer my previous suggestion for return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XNlhlDXMAs&t=23s

I'm having the same issue after last update, tried dumping the app and redownloaded, no change, flew in new area still the same ?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-21 13:56
I'm having the same issue after last update, tried dumping the app and redownloaded, no change, flew in new area still the same ?

What's the maximum range do you get? If you have adjusted the antennas but the issue remains in a short distance, I'm sorry you may consider sending the unit in.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules