can't calibrate compas
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cspencer
lvl.1

United States

My Phantom 2 needs to have the compass calibrated, I can't make it happen the horizontal access works just fine but the vertical fails every time.
any suggestions? I was checking for a software update because my camera won't show on my phone. it works just fine takes great pictures and videos but wont show on the phone. after checking software version it wouldn't calibrate the compass. yes I updated the software anyway still no calibration. any help would be great.
2018-3-18
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

After calibration fail - did you move to another area to try it there?
Make sure you are in an area free of metal. Avoid being on concrete surfaces.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read the issue. It looks like the hardware issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-19
Use props
cspencer
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-19 02:34
I'm sorry to read the issue. It looks like the hardware issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Thank you, I found a couple of YouTube video's that talked about holding a magnet near the compass, then re calibrate. that worked.
2018-3-19
Use props
cspencer
lvl.1

United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-3-19 02:30
After calibration fail - did you move to another area to try it there?
Make sure you are in an area free of metal. Avoid being on concrete surfaces.

thank you, I found a couple of videos that talked about holding a magnet near the compass then re calibrate. that worked.
2018-3-19
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

cspencer Posted at 2018-3-19 06:34
thank you, I found a couple of videos that talked about holding a magnet near the compass then re calibrate. that worked.

Aah - demagnetizing. I got it.
Funny enough I read about this yesterday.
And that device 'CFixer' which some Russian sells for a lot of money...

I'm glad you worked it out!
2018-3-19
Use props
cspencer
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Erik. Any though about the camera issue that caused me to start down this road in the first place.
2018-3-19
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

cspencer Posted at 2018-3-19 21:03
Thanks Erik. Any though about the camera issue that caused me to start down this road in the first place.

Unfortunately not.
But there were others with that problem.
Google it.
The search function of this forum here doesn't take you anywhere...
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cspencer Posted at 2018-3-19 06:33
Thank you, I found a couple of YouTube video's that talked about holding a magnet near the compass, then re calibrate. that worked.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I've read and replied your new post of live video issue, please check and keep us updated there, thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules