What amp charger are you using and what % does your battery read?
Home / TELLO /
2758 6 2018-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys. My Tello was delivered a few days ago but I was too busy to post anything about it. Since then I've tried to turn it own twice after charging it all night and the battery was at 5% and 7% and would not fly. I since switched to a more powerful charger and when I turned it on today it was at 90%. This was still surprising because I thought it would be at 100%!

Anyone else having a charger problem or a battery problem (Not charging to 100%)?
2018-3-18
Use props
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

I don't have the Tello yet, but I know these type of problems from cellphones with high-amp charging; What happens, if you unplug and replug the charger? does it say 100% then?
Btw. were you able to buy extra batteries yet? They are out of stock at my DJI store and I want to buy a tello with spare batteries
https://store.dji.com/de/product/tello-battery
2018-3-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mr. Stow Posted at 2018-3-18 23:31
I don't have the Tello yet, but I know these type of problems from cellphones with high-amp charging; What happens, if you unplug and replug the charger? does it say 100% then?
Btw. were you able to buy extra batteries yet? They are out of stock at my DJI store and I want to buy a tello with spare batteries
https://store.dji.com/de/product/tello-battery

I will try unplugging and re-plugging. It's charging at home right now so I'll check on it later today. Yes, batteries were out of stock when I bought mine. Also looking forward to somebody making a third party charger.
Yesterday was the first day I got some decent flight out of it and did some flips. It's very stable in doors and with the prop guards it just bounces off the walls and ceiling and keeps right on flying. Not bad so far, but to tell the truth I'm afraid to fly it outdoors since I've heard of one person's Tello just taking off.
2018-3-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, please be well advised that it is normal. With the maximum flight time of 13 min,the consumption of electricity is a bit faster than other drones. In this way,some electricity would been dropped during the starting up. And you would find it shows about 90% in the APP.
2018-3-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
France

Dump 10% power when you turn it on. That's kind of crazy. I'll do more testing when I'm back in the country. For now Tello has to wait at home.
2018-3-25
Use props
rickko
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-3-22 18:16
Hi, please be well advised that it is normal. With the maximum flight time of 13 min,the consumption of electricity is a bit faster than other drones. In this way,some electricity would been dropped during the starting up. And you would find it shows about 90% in the APP.

My TELLO app for IOS only shows a battery icon. Where do you see actual battery percentage charged?
2018-4-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

rickko Posted at 2018-4-19 21:46
My TELLO app for IOS only shows a battery icon. Where do you see actual battery percentage charged?

Hey,apology for the late reply. It is recommended to use a standard USB connector and battery percentage is not available yet.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules