Inspire 1 losing signal and got lost
5187 29 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
me.chrizrobert
New

Hong Kong

Today I just lost my inspire 1 when flying in some mildly populated urban area. I made sure that it is taking enough satellites, no cell towers, and had set the RTH point as take off point. However it says no signal when I fled it 200m away from me, and had no luck having it returned home.
What might possibly cause this?
Is it likely that it will hover at where it was and land, or what might happen to it?

2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Have you contacted support? Sync your flight record pls I'll have a look.
2015-5-6
Use props
me.chrizrobert
New

Hong Kong

Synchronized (I hope you can see it)

Thank you for your assistance
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

me.chrizrobert Posted at 2015-5-6 19:07
Synchronized (I hope you can see it)

Thank you for your assistance

I'll check it, but better talk to support at first. Let them call you back to find out the cause.
2015-5-6
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

...I for one would love to see how this unfolds?
2015-5-6
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

At least DJI responded online.  I too would like to see how it unfolds.... good luck.... I lost my Bird 1 a few days ago because of a controller and/or battery issue.
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 19:10
I'll check it, but better talk to support at first. Let them call you back to find out the cause.

Sorry i know that this off the topic, but can't get an acurate answer. I know that you have asked other people on the forum to sent you the flight log when something doesn't go right on the flight. I called DJI support and they said that my flight log would not be of any help determining what is wrong with my bird. I almost lost my bird after 2nd flight with the last update which came out not to long ago. I had recently installed  the new quick release and props. Now they ask me to sent them my Inspire 1... this means i can't enjoy the new updates and the awesome weather. So whats the purpose of flight log?.
Please see my thread

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

ALSO HOW CAN I EXPORT THE FLIGHT LOG TO BE ABLE TO SEND IT TO YOU?

Thank you DJI- Autumn
2015-5-6
Use props
thumpinhard
lvl.2

United States

I am awaiting an answer from DJI about my bird losing transmitter signal three times in about 5 or 6 flights. The last one put it in power lines I could not see over a river due to bad timing of losing signal.
This never happened with almost a hundred flights before the f.w. update a few weeks ago.
They will not repair it after being in water they saidnasna matter of policy.
Mine and a friends also did not do the nose down compass calibration like before.
It seemed to have the numbers in the right range but almost never got the yellow to turn to single green light as before.
If I set it down it always seemed to get a good GPS lock with the slow green light and it flew better...but instead of video loss now it seemed to tend towards no control due to transmitter signal loss.
Anybody else have this same issue?
  I know some have been losing transmitter signal,but how about the compass issue?
  My friend lost control into his garage door the day after the last f.w. update and his compass seemed worse than mine.
2015-5-6
Use props
me.chrizrobert
New

Hong Kong

I have not yet received a response from DJI. It is the right way if I contact them through 24 hours hotline and email?
2015-5-20
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

me.chrizrobert,

what was your firmware version?  was it the latest? what app? did you lose both video and rc signal? gps should have stayed locked unless you ran out of battery or had  electrical failure. Your last location on the map should give you where your bird is. was there enough battery juice to fly home?

i lose signal almost every day as i fly to about 5000 feet and the bird always comes back to Home :-) I am on the latest firmware!
2015-5-21
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

averbouwens Posted at 2015-5-6 22:50
At least DJI responded online.  I too would like to see how it unfolds.... good luck.... I lost my B ...

DJI autumn is not support He/She is forum monitor. so....
2015-5-21
Use props
nickvh
New

United States

I have similar issues with a new I1 on v3.0 firmware.  I fly from the same site at the moment over trees at about 200 ft - most of the time signal is fine until i get to a 100 ft distance and then i lose signal.  I normally stop flying right away until it returns, which it mainly does.  However last night it did an auto return to home and was fine - but even as it was landing 5ft away i had no signal from remote or video feed.

I think this is a worrying aspect of the I1 that requires some addressing given it could cause untold harm.  Ive logged the problemwith support and wait a response.
2015-8-19
Use props
retret66
lvl.2

United States

We will be seeing more of this no signal issue..It wont matter if youre 5ft to 1mile away from controller..
2015-8-19
Use props
hermes
New

United States

lost signal I have same situation, the pre flight list ok; satellites ok, R Controllers OK; batteries full, and safe - to - fly green. as i get far the lost signal appears intermittently. Latest FW and APP.

Any idea? please help me!!

Thanks

2015-8-20
Use props
nickvh
New

United States

ill post any response from Support i get, hopefully soon.  
2015-8-20
Use props
user737bd2552b
New

India

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-6 16:40

hello, i just brought a Inspire 1 x5r. firmware of rc, aircraft is updated to latest version.  my aircraft looses gps as soon as i fly it. even  a slight change in position of the aircraft will loose gps. it starts to drift and in my dji go app it shows no gps. on ground it will acquire 16 satelites and it records home point. tried downgrading firmware. compass and imu calibration i have tried. but no use. i have tried flying it in diffrent location but its not getting fixed. i hope i can find a solution here.
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

user737bd2552b Posted at 2016-10-14 00:48
hello, i just brought a Inspire 1 x5r. firmware of rc, aircraft is updated to latest version.  my  ...

On the ground you have 16 satellites but when you put it in the air how many do  you have ?  Does it immediately drop or when you get some distance away ?  You are not flying under any obstructions are you ? does the Aircraft have a clear view of the sky when the AC looses GPS signal ?  

did you have any crash damage ?

donnie

2016-10-14
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57749 ft
United States

I am having same issues on both my Inspire 1 and P4P GPS keeps dropping out and never had this issue before says that there are 11 to 13 signals. I am afraid to bring it up. here is a video of the bird trying to hover.
https://www.facebook.com/petersi ... s/1404022189725295/

2018-2-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's got to be that darn Tesla flying around
Sorry I am not being any help.
2018-2-7
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Segami21 Posted at 2018-2-4 07:17
I am having same issues on both my Inspire 1 and P4P GPS keeps dropping out and never had this issue before says that there are 11 to 13 signals. I am afraid to bring it up. here is a video of the bird trying to hover.
https://www.facebook.com/petersimardphotography/videos/1404022189725295/

It will be drifting in Atti mode for sure , that is a hint at what flying RC helicopters is like ( maybe like 1/5 th) in the early days before computer radios and mixing they were a handful.  anyway may be the cloud cover etc.   

See how it does on a clear day and be sure to get some stick time in Atti mode with some altitude because sooner or later you are going to loose it  on  ( Going into anti mode ) a perfect day as interference happens or any number of other possibilities .

donnie
2018-2-8
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-7 19:27
It's got to be that darn Tesla flying around
Sorry I am not being any help.

That was so Cool  seeing the Boosters return to earth and land at the same time, be sure to check out "Starman " as well on youtube, very cool. That  Elon is  one cool cat.

donnie
2018-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yet another thread dragged up from the dead.
2018-2-8
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-2-8 05:43
[view_image]

Yet another thread dragged up from the dead.

This is your biggest Pet Peeve .  If I see an old thread pop up I say to myself Farnk666 is going to have an Aneurysm !  LOL

donnie
2018-2-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Close - my BIGGEST pet peeve is people asking questions to which the answer is easily provided by 30 seconds of Google time or a quick look and read of the relevant page on the DJI website.
The issue for me being that they just want to be told, and they are not interested in actually learning anything.

But that's my issue and is only because I turn 50 this year and I'm getting in some practice before I officially turn into a grumpy old man...
2018-2-9
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-2-9 18:05
Close - my BIGGEST pet peeve is people asking questions to which the answer is easily provided by 30 seconds of Google time or a quick look and read of the relevant page on the DJI website.
The issue for me being that they just want to be told, and they are not interested in actually learning anything.

I  just turned 54 for so I  am officially a grump old man !!

cheers

donnie
2018-2-10
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

Donnie - Apple 0 Posted at 2018-2-8 05:08
It will be drifting in Atti mode for sure , that is a hint at what flying RC helicopters is like ( maybe like 1/5 th) in the early days before computer radios and mixing they were a handful.  anyway may be the cloud cover etc.   

See how it does on a clear day and be sure to get some stick time in Atti mode with some altitude because sooner or later you are going to loose it  on  ( Going into anti mode ) a perfect day as interference happens or any number of other possibilities .

Hey Donnie, So here is what I found out. It was the batteries. they where not cycled. there was another member on another site that told me that if the batteries have not been cycled down to 0% meaning once you see all the cores hit orange in the app. take it out and do a full recharge immediately. and wow all problems went away. even when I had it in GPS mode before doing this I tried to fly straight ahead, the drone would fly off to the left and hovering would be wobbly. it was really amazing. now when I say discharge down to 0% I mean the app would say 0% but the cores on the battery where still registering with between 3.59 volt and 3.62 volts so I did not run it dead. there is speculation that it could be bad to run the battery dead. so I did not chance this.  I did this to all of my batteries and wow I feel like I have a brand new flyer.
Thanks
2018-2-10
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
United States

Donnie - Apple 0 Posted at 2018-2-8 05:08

See how it does on a clear day and be sure to get some stick time in Atti mode with some altitude because sooner or later you are going to loose it  on  ( Going into anti mode ) a perfect day as interference happens or any number of other possibilities .

Yes I understand that atti mode will drift. I have a huge open field to practice flying in Atti. The inspire 1 is easier to fly in this mode the phantom 4 pro will drift if you blow on it. but practice, practice, practice, for sure. I spend a lot of time trying to learn the ins and out of this.
Thanks for your direction
2018-2-10
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Segami21 Posted at 2018-2-10 07:14
Hey Donnie, So here is what I found out. It was the batteries. they where not cycled. there was another member on another site that told me that if the batteries have not been cycled down to 0% meaning once you see all the cores hit orange in the app. take it out and do a full recharge immediately. and wow all problems went away. even when I had it in GPS mode before doing this I tried to fly straight ahead, the drone would fly off to the left and hovering would be wobbly. it was really amazing. now when I say discharge down to 0% I mean the app would say 0% but the cores on the battery where still registering with between 3.59 volt and 3.62 volts so I did not run it dead. there is speculation that it could be bad to run the battery dead. so I did not chance this.  I did this to all of my batteries and wow I feel like I have a brand new flyer.
Thanks

Interesting ,never heard of that but whatever works !!  I understand  what you mean by discharging down to 0%, I do that once in a while  to exercise the cells .

Happy to help you in any way I can

cheers

donnie
2018-2-10
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Hi Donie, Happy New Year!  I am right on the tipping point 55 yrs old, I will be 56 in 10 days. I'm up to GRUMP I will earn my Y on the 20th. Time flies when your having FUN! Safety First! Ken.
2018-2-10
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2018-2-10 08:18
Hi Donie, Happy New Year!  I am right on the tipping point 55 yrs old, I will be 56 in 10 days. I'm up to GRUMP I will earn my Y on the 20th. Time flies when your having FUN! Safety First! Ken.

Happy New Year to you as well Ken!

From one grump to another !!

donnie
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules