Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ryze Tello problems
Home / TELLO /
123Next >
61241 103 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans320302ce
lvl.1

Canada

I have a DJI spark which I love. I also just received this past week the Ryze Tello endorsed by DJI.
This is a great little drone. It's inexpensive ,easy to fly and, most interestingly, programmable.
I used the scratch editor with my windows pc to program it.  It worked okay but after I got out of that and was just using my iPhone I started having trouble with the drone taking off. I contacted Ryze and the tech had me do a wifi reset, then an imu calibration and finally a reboot. That worked for awhile then it started acting up again. The motors would come on it would attempt to takeoff and then it would just land. I contacted Ryze again and they said they were working on a new firmware update that would take care of it. Luckily I can keep flying my spark until then. Sorry for the long comment but I thought you might like to know.

2018-3-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, for your problem, please use your phone to fly Tello and shoot a video about the situation. You can send it to support@ryzerobotics.com for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-19
Use props
vijay123
lvl.1

India

#scdcssjcdnskjdnskjndkskjdkjc
2018-3-19
Use props
fans320302ce
lvl.1

Canada

RYZE Posted at 2018-3-19 22:14
Hi, for your problem, please use your phone to fly Tello and shoot a video about the situation. You can send it to  for further check. Thanks for your support.

Thank you!
2018-3-20
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft

In case Ryze observe this forum, can you tell me why video is only black and white on my crystal sky.
Photos are recorded in colour.Thanks.
2018-3-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-3-22 05:19
In case Ryze observe this forum, can you tell me why video is only black and white on my crystal sky.
Photos are recorded in colour.Thanks.

Hi, it sounds more like compatible issue and your post has been replied. Please have a check.  
2018-3-22
Use props
fans9bc67a0c
New

Philippines

Hi Ryze, I got a Huawei GR52917. My question is, why are my videos on black and white? And photos are captured on colored.
Please reply
2018-4-5
Use props
fans320302ce
lvl.1

Canada

I contacted Ryze  by phone. They sent me an email with a ups label.
They are repairing and sending back my Tello free of charge as it is under warranty. Outstanding! Thank you.
2018-4-7
Use props
Chechar
New

Mexico

fans9bc67a0c Posted at 2018-4-5 22:27
Hi Ryze, I got a Huawei GR52917. My question is, why are my videos on black and white? And photos are captured on colored.
Please reply

I also have the same problem, to record video only seen in black and white. I have a Huawei p9. I also tried it with a Motorola G5 and did not record video. I tried a Huawei p10 and it doesn't play video
2018-4-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fans9bc67a0c Posted at 2018-4-5 22:27
Hi Ryze, I got a Huawei GR52917. My question is, why are my videos on black and white? And photos are captured on colored.
Please reply

Hey, your device Huawei P9 is not in the compatible list yet. Please kindly check the compatible devices below. Thanks.

iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2.
2018-4-7
Use props
fansfaad159e
New

Sri Lanka

Hey RYZE,
You are list down compatible device list have huawei P9 & nova2 under android. But those device video only seen black and white. Why is that? What is the solution?
2018-4-12
Use props
Chris Mechanic
New

Poland

Hello RYZE!
I just got my Tello. It is great, but:
my main point is to program it in Scratch. At first it flew ok: just takeoff, forward 20, land. Then I added CCW180. Also ok. Then I change forward to 60. From that moment it doesn't fly at all. Just takeoff and land. No other things Tello is doing in Scratch. Android fly is OK.
Please help...
2018-4-14
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fansfaad159e Posted at 2018-4-12 09:46
Hey RYZE,
You are list down compatible device list have huawei P9 & nova2 under android. But those device video only seen black and white. Why is that? What is the solution?

Hey, we have released new android Tello APP (version 1.2.6). Please upgrade the APP and check if it persists. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-4-14
Use props
lizzard
lvl.2
Germany

Hallo,

how can i display the % of the battery in the App? I have an iPhone X. On YouTube it Shows in the Videos?
2018-4-14
Use props
angelo.p
New
Flight distance : 331 ft
Italy

Hi, I have the same B&W issue on Huawei P9 Lite (I know it's not in the list but please provide a generic version...).
On the Play Store I found only the 1.2.2 and not the last 1.2.6 you mentioned.

Thank you
2018-4-14
Use props
defillo
lvl.2
Italy

So version1 1.2.6.1 seems have been released
However, just a few users received it most of app store across the world still have 1.2.2 version
what happened? 24 hours later just a few users in germany seems to have the new version.
there's been a rollback?
and what about bug fixes in tello firware?
2018-4-14
Use props
fans1df09fa2
New

Colombia

When they are going to solve the problem of the black and white camera of the users of Huawei, they can lose sales because of a problem so insignificant that it affects the Huawei community that is getting bigger every day.
2018-4-16
Use props
fansa5d5ed35
New
Thailand

I have this problem from tello in a first flight. How can i solve this problem.
2018-4-18
Use props
fansa5d5ed35
New
Thailand

fansa5d5ed35 Posted at 2018-4-18 06:14
I have this problem from tello in a first flight. How can i solve this problem.

Tello problem.
6BAD3045-038E-4D6A-B658-8D71EA2AA681.jpeg
2018-4-18
Use props
rickko
lvl.1

United States

Chris Mechanic Posted at 2018-4-14 02:06
Hello RYZE!
my main point is to program it in Scratch. At first it flew ok: just takeoff, forward 20, land. Then I added CCW180. Also ok. Then I change forward to 60. From that moment it doesn't fly at all. Just takeoff and land. No other things Tello is doing in Scratch. Android fly is OK.

Try the DRONEBLOCKS app and read remarks on they're facebook DRONEBLOCKS Community discussion for detailed discussion on how to program it using a phone, ipad or tablet.
2018-4-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, may I know the model number of your phone? Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest you the latest APP version and the compatible devices to achieve better view. Thanks.

iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2.
2018-4-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fans1df09fa2 Posted at 2018-4-16 20:17
When they are going to solve the problem of the black and white camera of the users of Huawei, they can lose sales because of a problem so insignificant that it affects the Huawei community that is getting bigger every day.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. The new app released for Android will solve this problem. Please kindly have a check. Here is a link to the new app: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ics.tello&hl=en
2018-4-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

lizzard Posted at 2018-4-14 12:26
Hallo,

how can i display the % of the battery in the App? I have an iPhone X. On YouTube it Shows in the Videos?

Hey,sorry that battery percentage has been replaced by battery icon in the newly released firmware V01.03.18.01.
2018-4-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hello RYZE!

Hey Chris, sorry for the late reply. May I know if there is enough space for Tello to forward 60cm?
If yes, would you be so kind to snap the programme you've made and a video clip showing Tello's movement and send it to support@ryzerobotics.com for further analysis.
2018-4-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

angelo.p Posted at 2018-4-14 14:13
Hi, I have the same B&W issue on Huawei P9 Lite (I know it's not in the list but please provide a generic version...).
On the Play Store I found only the 1.2.2 and not the last 1.2.6 you mentioned.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, please kindly find the new APP version here: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ics.tello&hl=en
2018-4-20
Use props
fansa5d5ed35
New
Thailand

RYZE Posted at 2018-4-20 23:38
Hey, may I know the model number of your phone? Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest you the latest APP version and the compatible devices to achieve better view. Thanks.

iOS

This picture i capture from tello video .
E30CA2A0-0E12-4658-990C-2C630F1CC1D6.png
2018-4-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I had that problem with my Tello too and Ryze repaired it for me. I haven't received it back yet, but I'm guessing that was the problem.
2018-4-24
Use props
mjamesf
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi whenever I change my Tello's wifi network ID and password, after restarting the Tello, I couldn't find the new wifi network ID on my phone.
If I do a hard reset on my Tello I can see again the default wifi name TELLO-AA6671.
Now I'm forced to just fly my tello with the deault wifi name and NO password which is a security issue.
Please help.
2018-4-24
Use props
danysp
lvl.1

Spain

My experience has been awfull since the first day. (one week ago)

I had problems with temperature ( battery and body really very hot), even without fligh, problems charging with my Ipad charger, problems with scratch, jumping some commands and continue with others, so the result, crashing.
I have crossed more than 10 emais with them and except EMU calibration, I have not received any other solution. I had problems evern at 5 meters high flying with all commands suddently blocked, and awaitting more than 5 minutes to take control back again, with the impression I were going to loose it. I have pending a final solution to my situation. Hopefully they solve this nightmare soon
2018-4-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

mjamesf Posted at 2018-4-24 23:07
Hi whenever I change my Tello's wifi network ID and password, after restarting the Tello, I couldn't find the new wifi network ID on my phone.
If I do a hard reset on my Tello I can see again the default wifi name TELLO-AA6671.
Now I'm forced to just fly my tello with the deault wifi name and NO password which is a security issue.

Hey, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please kindly fly with Tello wifi and don't set the password temporarily.This issue has been forward to R&D. We will try the best to fix this problem in next firmware version.Thanks for your support.
2018-5-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

danysp Posted at 2018-4-29 03:50
My experience has been awfull since the first day. (one week ago)

I had problems with temperature ( battery and body really very hot), even without fligh, problems charging with my Ipad charger, problems with scratch, jumping some commands and continue with others, so the result, crashing.

Hey, we apologize for what 's happened.
Without a fan equipped, it is normal that the drone would be hot. It would also emit heat if you keep its power on.  In regard to other issues, would you be so kind to provide ticket number for further assistance. Thanks.
2018-5-1
Use props
SSFRIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32283 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm need to know how to reset the Tello wifi can you help me with this please
2018-5-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

SSFRIH Posted at 2018-5-2 13:02
I'm need to know how to reset the Tello wifi can you help me with this please

With power on, please hold the power button for about 5S until the led goes off. The drone would reboot automatically.
2018-5-3
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi team, anyone knows how to reset your tello firmware? I tried a new firmware that allows more then 10 meters but tello begins to have minor issues like forcing to land once it hits the 11meters and so on.. but again, most of us knows how to fly a drone manually fighting winds and etc.. so my tello is still safe for now..

As for Ryze, please allow a higher height for us and set a warning like vps might not work and so on.. thanks for all the kind advises!
2018-5-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

adesmond2@hotmail.com Posted at 2018-5-4 20:40
Hi team, anyone knows how to reset your tello firmware? I tried a new firmware that allows more then 10 meters but tello begins to have minor issues like forcing to land once it hits the 11meters and so on.. but again, most of us knows how to fly a drone manually fighting winds and etc.. so my tello is still safe for now..

As for Ryze, please allow a higher height for us and set a warning like vps might not work and so on.. thanks for all the kind advises!

Good day,sorry that there is no other way to reset Tello firmware. I am afraid we could not cancel the limitation. Because the VPS has an effective range. If we cancel the height limitation, the Tello will lose VPS with high altitude which may result in the Tello drifting. Thanks for your support!
2018-5-6
Use props
ades
lvl.2

Singapore

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-6 21:46
Good day,sorry that there is no other way to reset Tello firmware. I am afraid we could not cancel the limitation. Because the VPS has an effective range. If we cancel the height limitation, the Tello will lose VPS with high altitude which may result in the Tello drifting. Thanks for your support!

hmmm.. I've just tested yesterday with 15 meters of height and VPS works perfectly!
But again, for a lot of pilots here, I'm pretty sure they are alright with the VPS not working. At least have the option of allowing us to fly it the way we wanted..
Just add on a warning that if we set it above 10 meters, VPS might not work and the Tello might drift away.
2018-5-6
Use props
fansce66b63d
New

Colombia

Hola tengo un lío, una de las elices se estrelló volando con una hoja de árbol y labelice salió a volar, la remplace, pero ahora el drone prende e inicia, las elices giran como si fuera a despegar, pero luego se paran y así le des varias veces despegar hace los mismo, trata de despegar, pero no lo hace y se detienen las elices, que hago?? Agradezco respuesta y ayuda
2018-5-8
Use props
fansce66b63d
New

Colombia

Hola perdon, escribo de nuevo, pues me cambió el corrector lo que escribí, resumo, el dron se estrelló con una hoja de un árbol, la elice izquierda trasera salió a volar, y el drone callo al piso; cambie la elice pues se perdió, y ahora el drone prende, las elices arrancan pero el drone no despega y las elices se detienen que hago
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_utfisAy2ueut
New

United States

This is the 3rd drone  I've owned.  The previous 2 were hard to fly and didn't last.  I had pretty much given up on owning a drone until I saw a review for the tello and decided to give it a try and I  love it. The only issue I've had so far is it won't record video or take photos
2018-6-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Hello RYZE!

Bey try to use droneblock to program it  
2018-6-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules