A new firmware update (V1.2.1.03) is now available for Inspire 1
12Next >
5747 63 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

A new firmware update (V1.2.1.03) is now available for Inspire 1. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download to download and update your Inspire 1.

Overview
1.      All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.2.1.03
2.      DJI Pilot app iOS version updated to:v1.1.1
3.      DJI Pilot app Android version updated to:v1.1.0

Major Updates
1.      Reduced moire pattern in camera images.
2.      Added support for YouTube live streaming.
3.      Added support for the DJI Pilot app’s Director function.
4.      Reduced power consumption of the Intelligent Flight Battery when it is powered off to protect the battery.
5.      Solved issue of the remote controller occasionally powering off automatically when using firmware v1.2.1.0.  

2015-5-6
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Autumn,

Has someone forgotten to upload v1.1.0 of the Android app to the Play Store? It's still showing as v1.0.10 here? Sometimes it takes a few days to appear but not usually this long.

Thanks

Mark
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Autumn,

I mean this with the utmost respect.

When I see the following in the update notes:
Solved issue of the remote controller occasionally powering off automatically when using firmware v1.2.1.0.
That tells me that DJI became aware of this malfunction long enough ago that it had time to program and test a firmware update to fix it.  Considering that the remote shutting off at just the wrong time could trigger a catastrophic event, don't you agree that it is critically important for DJI to make an announcement to its customer base about such a serious thing as soon as it is discovered?

This issue was discussed by several people right here in this forum during the past week.  No one from DJI confirmed that the problem was a firmware issue (though I argued that it probably was).

If an Inspire struck and injured or killed a person as the result of a malfunction DJI knew about, but did not warn its customer base about, the liability could be in the $millions.  We need a communication channel from inside the company for such things.
2015-5-6
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft
United States

hi,  I will update firmware first, then the app?  
2015-5-6
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

this same app can be used for the phantom 3?  I will not have to download twice and have two apps on my iPad mini 2?
2015-5-6
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-6 20:39
Autumn,

Ford Pinto?
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I would like to see DJI avoid that outcome.
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just upgraded the bird and two controllers with no issues. Also updated the app for IOS.  I really like the fact that there are now numbers next to the satellite bars. Also the highlighted percentage of the battery really helps and makes it stick out.
The only thing I would like to see is a degree number next to the lines that show the level of the gimbal. This would really help when trying to get a consistent degree of tilt after maybe returning to vertical center.
2015-5-6
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-6 21:20
Just upgraded the bird and two controllers with no issues. Also updated the app for IOS.  I really l ...

yes satellite count is nice...but makesure to input your "Height for REturn to home in Failsafe Mode"  It is reset to "0"I am also shocked that DJI was aware of "sudden going off of remotes in the previous version !!
2015-5-6
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will the new DJI pilot app be available on the google play store?
2015-5-6
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

Will they replace my Bird 1 that went down into the river because of controller failure?
2015-5-6
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

averbouwens Posted at 2015-5-6 22:04
Will they replace my Bird 1 that went down into the river because of controller failure?

They should and as a matter of fact you should already have one at your door. So sad you have to go through this. They just admitted many Inspire crashes and losses.
2015-5-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-5-6 22:03

DJI can u reply please?
2015-5-6
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Autumn,

And fellow interwebers thought it was mad to ground the bird .
It's there in black and white about controller switching off.

Customer should have been told it could happen or the alternative of a serious injury.

Say someone got sliced up or worse becuase of it! Wouldn't dji be liable as they knew ?

Trust?
Wow I'm shocked
2015-5-6
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

nevermind,  I read the info!
2015-5-6
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

So, still no waypoint flying?
2015-5-6
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-6 22:12
They should and as a matter of fact you should already have one at your door. So sad you have to g ...

Doorbell just rang and I thought you had some weird power to replace my Bird 1.... no, it was a girl scout selling cookies
2015-5-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, the Edsel.
2015-5-6
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

averbouwens Posted at 2015-5-6 22:55
Doorbell just rang and I thought you had some weird power to replace my Bird 1.... no, it was a gi ...

Mmmmmm! cookies
2015-5-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Just update firmware and Android app (1.1 dowload APK file from dji site)
make a test fly of 5 minutes and all it's ok
only probelm ( for me in alla version) to sincronize
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

Cant and wont be able to enjoy the new upgrades... have to sent my bird to get check by DJI Techs... my bird went crazy and I almost crash...
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

Sorry i know that this off the topic, but can't get an acurate answer. I know that you have asked other people on the forum to sent you the flight log when something doesn't go right on the flight. I called DJI support and they said that my flight log would not be of any help determining what is wrong with my bird. I almost lost my bird after 2nd flight with the last update which came out not to long ago. I had recently installed  the new quick release and props. Now they ask me to sent them my Inspire 1... this means i can't enjoy the new updates and the awesome weather. So whats the purpose of flight log?.

Thank you DJI- Autumn
2015-5-6
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

SDK changes are also included?
So normal users can now use apps created with the SDK?
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

JKT Posted at 2015-5-7 00:10
I called DJI support and they said that my flight log would not be of any help determining what is wrong with my bird.

The flight log from the controlling mobile device does not provide complete flight data.  That is found ONLY in the flight data recorder inside the bird.  In exceptional situations, i.e., complete loss of the aircraft due to crashing into the ocean or a river, there has been SOME indication that DJI will look to the flight record in an effort to determine whether the aircraft did something completely counter to user inputs, and there has been SOME indication that they will help users who have experienced this kind of loss.  Unfortunately they will not say publicly what kind of help they are offering.
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Meanwhile - successful, uneventful update of aircraft, master and slave controllers and all batteries.  Special note: the controllers are very finicky about what kind of flash drive or card reader you use, so if the controller completely ignores your attempt to update its firmware, try another flash drive or USB card reader.  From what I've seen, USB3 card readers may not work on these controllers even though those devices are supposed to be reverse-compatible with USB2.
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 01:33
The flight log from the controlling mobile device does not provide complete flight data.  That is f ...

Do they need the SD card in order to see that data? I am forced to sent my bird as i don't want it to suffer a crash in the future. I posted a Video of how crazy it went on that last flight! I will be sending the bird without SD card inside.
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

JKT Posted at 2015-5-7 01:49
Do they need the SD card in order to see that data? I am forced to sent my bird as i don't want it ...

The flight data recorder is inside the aircraft.  It uses its own memory and does not depend on the MicroSD card in the camera.
2015-5-6
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 01:35
Meanwhile - successful, uneventful update of aircraft, master and slave controllers and all batterie ...

My USB ( China cheap ) 3.0 works well
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 03:53
The flight data recorder is inside the aircraft.  It uses its own memory and does not depend on th ...

thanks, so how can i export the flight data from a mac product? Don know if you have the answere to this question but either way i wouldnt be able to understand it even if i exportd right? so what is it that gets save on the SD Card?
2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

JKT Posted at 2015-5-7 04:19
thanks, so how can i export the flight data from a mac product? Don know if you have the answere t ...

Read the following thread and look for the post by DJI-Autumn that includes images:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5269

If you are sending your Inspire in for service the techs will do this.  Keep in mind the files are encoded and you will not be able to read them.
2015-5-6
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 04:38
Read the following thread and look for the post by DJI-Autumn that includes images:

http://forum. ...

Thanks Pete!
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-5-6 22:03

Sorry I don't have the exact time line of putting it in Google Play right now... Use the link on Inspire 1 download page, I'll notice you if there are any update.
2015-5-6
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Autumn,

great point!
2015-5-6
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I have installed the Inspire 1 update version 1.2.1.03. There is one problem I have found. If you enter a number within the box it will stay there until you turn off the unit or your iPad. If you then go back and check the value you entered, it's gone and the box is blank. It will not hold or remember a value you entered.

2015-5-6
Use props
omar211073
lvl.2

Thailand

The new FW has the ground station and waypoints integrated
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Autumn,

I saw their discussion then reported it to R&D. They told me that they could replicated but it was a really small probability event.
Glad they solved it as soon as they could. I agree that I should have clarify the real cause to them. Hope this kind of issue will never happen again.
2015-5-6
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

Autumn I did the update for the inspire 1 both on the inspire and RC both text files read success, my inspire worked just fine no problems before update, now my camera connection keeps failing red no connection on app and camera blacks out comes back blacks out, and also I am now getting poor GPS signal, I have never had the problems above before this update I have tried everything reinstall check connections changed card in camera still same please help
2015-5-7
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

omar211073@hotm Posted at 2015-5-7 11:33
The new FW has the ground station and waypoints integrated

On what basis do you say this?
2015-5-7
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn: I await directions on the ongoing issues http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D1
2015-5-7
Use props
omar211073
lvl.2

Thailand

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 20:04
On what basis do you say this?

sorry i just asked if it has. but i checked and does not have it..
2015-5-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules