A new firmware update (V1.2.1.03) is now available for Inspire 1
5770 63 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Autumn can you fly with the new version IOS without updating the I1?  With all the reported issues I want to wait, mine works well with the last firmware
2015-5-7
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Yep. Please answer Autum. I'm not updating either
2015-5-7
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

omar211073@hotm Posted at 2015-5-7 11:33
The new FW has the ground station and waypoints integrated

Is that a question or statement?
2015-5-7
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-7 22:58

Yea I wish I would not have done this update my bird was doing fine, now after the last update it has problems loosing connection and weak GPS never had this before the update
2015-5-7
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-5-7 10:37
I have installed the Inspire 1 update version 1.2.1.03. There is one problem I have found. If you en ...

I have since tested the RTH function within the flight sim. Even though the box is empty my UAV goes up 100 feet then returns home. I tried this 3 times. By entering the number, turning off the iPad, verifying the box was now empty, and doing a RTH. I was sitting at 8 feet off the ground, then pushed the RTH button. It always went up 100 feet, then returned home in the flight sim. Not sure until I fly if it works the same in flight mode. The winds here are to high to fly now in order to test it. I'll keep you all posted.
2015-5-7
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Autumn,

I may of missed this someplace so I apologize if it is repetitious and I am not trying to be confrontational but following Pete's post and the list of new individual problems was this new firmware offered to the Beta Testers group before release?

The last update was notably sent to an outside group of testers and the results were pretty obvious with significantly reduced reported issues and noticeable improvement in the success of the update process for many and with far less post update complaints and now with this one a lot of reported issues and challanges that once again have aroused more concerns about the stability of our investments.

As I test a lot of software and firmware for a living I realize the challenges every time a piece of firmware is updated as one change to correct a problem can affect another function and create another issue but IMO there has been more challenges on multiple forums in such a shot time of this update than I saw in a significantly much greater time with the last update leading me to question if the resource that was created and praised was even resourced on this update.

I speak from experience when I say that the outside test group of "Trusted" individuals is probably the best tool you can have, as long as they are used correctly.

Considering my I1 is back at DJI service I am assuming that I have about 1-2 months with the reported lead times that people have been seeing for this to get worked out.
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-7 22:46
Autumn can you fly with the new version IOS without updating the I1?  With all the reported issues I ...

Yes you can.
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-7 22:58

I tested and I can use the new iOS app with previous firmware.
2015-5-7
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Yea...my hero
2015-5-7
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

So, had my first chance to fly with the new firmware / iOS app combo tonight.
All flight operations were as expected - only differences being that:

1)  I experienced my first ever App disconnect mid flight ( I1 was hovering approx 5 meters away at a height of 4 meters)
2)  Upon first powering up at the field - I had 'Weak RC signal' warning in app for 10-20 seconds.
3) had some brief experiences of video signal dropout (I1 within 20-30 meters at the time)

In all instances, normality returned within a brief period of time.
Cable is good - All calibrations done and checked beforehand - No interference issues on the channel display.
2015-5-8
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

first time on the forum so please be kind. I put the newest version of firmware on my Inspire 1 no problem, but it was difficult getting it to work on the controller. I finally got a success on only 1 of the text messages (there were 2) and I seem to have control of the quad. (startup rc directions camera functions) but now I have no real time video on my tablet. I am using (or was using) a SamSung tab4 10.1 w/16GB. Before the firmware change everything worked great, now I have no viewing. everything else in the new version of the app works and when I start up it says the firmware is the newest version. I don't know if the controller is causing the problem or if I now have to spend another $300.00 (minimum) for another tablet. When I called support they sent me a program to wipe my controller clean of firmware then load the newest version, and they said if that didn't work I would have to send in the controller. The SamSung tab4 is version android 4.4.2. anyone have any ideas??
I never had the simulator with the tab4.
2015-5-8
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-8 16:20
So, had my first chance to fly with the new firmware / iOS app combo tonight.
All flight operations  ...

My inspire did the same thing to a tee
did you find a fix is there any way to go back to the old firmware
2015-5-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

tk2004hm@netzer Posted at 2015-5-9 02:05
My inspire did the same thing to a tee
did you find a fix is there any way to go back to the old f ...

No, that is still my status. Will do some more testing today with the slave controller as well.
2015-5-8
Use props
cucubogdy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75223 ft
United States

stclassic01@yah Posted at 2015-5-9 01:43
first time on the forum so please be kind. I put the newest version of firmware on my Inspire 1 no p ...

I have this problem from the previos upgrade, its not you Tab that is the problem It seems that the Air Encoder wont take the firmware. Im still trying to figure what it is and what we can do about it without having to send it for repair.
2015-5-8
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

cucubogdy Posted at 2015-5-9 10:40
I have this problem from the previos upgrade, its not you Tab that is the problem It seems that th ...

thank you everything seems to work but there is no video feed. I bought the I1 because of this. and everything works on the bench, I am kind of worried about flying it. I'll watch and hope we can find a cure because if I send the RC in I won't have it to fly all summer. again thanks.
2015-5-8
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

I talked with DJI Support yesterday and sent my I1 in this morning. they said it would take 5 to 6 weeks to get it back. But assured me it will fly better than when I first got it. they told me all they wanted was the drone the camera and the controller, they didn't even want the memory card. The rep I talked with seamed to be knowledgeable of my problem. So now I wait and hope that I get it back sooner than later.
2015-5-12
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69662 ft
Hong Kong

I updated my firmware to V1.2.1.03, but with all these problems popping up - and especially reduced channels, I'm really tempted to go back to the old one.

Is my bird stuck on the new firmware to boot or can I load the old one back?  I still have the file, but I read somewhere that you cannot go back...
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

kinsonlai Posted at 2015-5-14 10:51
I updated my firmware to V1.2.1.03, but with all these problems popping up - and especially reduced  ...

You cannot go back.  The system will not load firmware that is older than the version currently loaded.
2015-5-13
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Yeah, that's what I thought...  Bummer, the old firmware worked so well for me too.  Guess I'm stuck with this one
2015-5-13
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-14 11:07
You cannot go back.  The system will not load firmware that is older than the version currently lo ...

what if you cleaned your controller with the ofdm.bin file DJI sends out to clean the controller and then install the older version FW? Will this ofdm.bin file clean the Inspire1 the same way so you can install the older version of FW to it also?
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

I have not tried it or heard of anyone doing so.  I've heard enough horror stories of Inspires that have been bricked by unsuccessfuly update attempts that I'd be very reluctant to try it.
2015-5-13
Use props
kinsonlai
lvl.2
Hong Kong

*Shudders* Horror stories... I think I'll just keep the bird the way it is.  At least its still flight capable and not a paper weight XD
2015-5-13
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

kinsonlai Posted at 2015-5-14 14:17
*Shudders* Horror stories... I think I'll just keep the bird the way it is.  At least its still flig ...

everything seemed to work with the new firmware. it just didn't completely load onto the RC controller. ( I didn't get  beep beepbeep and  green light on the controller just a long beep and a red light ) And I didn't have any video feed to my tablet. But before the firmware update everything seemed to work fine. I had loaded the firmware update that came out on I think 4/29 and the newest version 6 days later. For what this bird cost , I'll send it back and hope there will be no more problems when I get it back. (better safe than sorry)
2015-5-18
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

DJI in Torrance CA received my I1 this morning at 9:43AM PST I guess the clock starts ticking.....
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules