Problem with the "new" P4Pro from the local store
784 14 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kriczer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

I bought Phantom 4 Pro drone today in a local store. However, I have concerns that it was previously used by someone. There is no information about the need to activate the device, and the battery has been charged 6 times. Can I go to verify the activation of the device and if it is already activated when it happened?
The serial number is 0AXCE6M0A30351
The package should contain a 16GB memory card, a micro usb cable and an OTG cable?

2018-3-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did they sell it to you as a "new" one?
2018-3-19
Use props
Kriczer
lvl.1
Poland

yes, there was no information that it was returned to shop or used for demonstration, the seller also did not inform me about it.
2018-3-19
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

If there's nothing that says it was an "open-box" sale, I would take it back or ask for a percentage refund, or a new battery for free. Something.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

2018-3-19
Use props
Tara SCP
New
United States

Hey-- I just bought a Phantom DJI Pro 4 today too, and mine also appeared to be used. The battery will not charge at all. I had no problems charging the remote, but the battery won't even give me one blinking green light- even after letting it charge for 3 hours. I've read all of the posts on this forum, and it appears we aren't alone. I called the Best Buy where I purchased it, and they said they will give me a new one tomorrow, but that is still so frustrating and inconvenient.
2018-3-19
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

If you are concerned about the legitimacy of your purchase, don't fly it and return it. If you got a "great" deal then it was probably open box.
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's not a big deal if the unit is fully functional and the box contains all listed accessories. It happen to me as well, but there was nothing wrong with the bird and I've negotiated free extra battery. This bird is flying fine since. Check the flight logs to see how much she was abused by far. If you're happy with negotiated deal, log her out and log in with your DJI account. That's all, happy flying!

Powodzenia.
2018-3-19
Use props
Kriczer
lvl.1
Poland

Unfortunately, the set is not complete. A memory card, micro usb and OTG cables are missing.
The offer was, however, good.
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kriczer Posted at 2018-3-19 23:10
Unfortunately, the set is not complete. A memory card, micro usb and OTG cables are missing.

So, it's up to you. If she's flying fine and the deal is good, do nothing. Otherwise go back and execute merchandise return because the bird is apparently used and activated by someone else. This procedure is NOT REVERSIBLE, although is irrelevant once you log into your account.
2018-3-19
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Kriczer Posted at 2018-3-19 23:10

Sounds like it was returned for some reason.  Me, personally, I would return it.  
2018-3-20
Use props
Kriczer
lvl.1
Poland

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-3-20 09:15
Sounds like it was returned for some reason.  Me, personally, I would return it.

I returned the drone and I am waiting for the delivery of a new one.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Kriczer, sorry for the late response. Per the SN, the drone has been activated before, that's why you can not get the activation progress. Sorry about this. It is recommended to return for exchange as well.
2018-3-21
Use props
Kriczer
lvl.1
Poland

Thank you, Susan.
I have already obtained information from DJI Support and returned the drone to the seller.
2018-3-21
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-3-20 09:15

+1 I would also return it
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules