Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
let's try this again!
664 8 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Ok this is the deal, can anyone tell me with certainty if an Apple I Pad  (5th Gen) 32 GB wi-fi do the job of downloading the DJI GO 4 app?
2018-3-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't see why not, I'm using an IPAD mini 2 WIFI version. I've been using it for over an year, with no issues.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Picanoc Jack, the Apple I Pad  (5th Gen) 32 GB wi-fi is not on the compatible mobile device list of the Mavic pro: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads, the performance is unable to be guaranteed, you can have a try.

1.png
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Woe Posted at 2018-3-19 18:10
Don't see why not, I'm using an IPAD mini 2 WIFI version. I've been using it for over an year, with no issues.

2018-3-19
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-19 18:12
Hi, Picanoc Jack, the Apple I Pad  (5th Gen) 32 GB wi-fi is not on the compatible mobile device list of the Mavic pro: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads, the performance is unable to be guaranteed, you can have a try.

no thank you I'll take your word for it
2018-3-19
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5QeaIZP
lvl.2

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-3-19 21:52
no thank you I'll take your word for it

It’s comparable if it runs latest version of iOS..  Apple manages compability not the developers.. once dev has opted for iPhone and iPad versions Apple then handle all backend compability.. basic end on devices ability to run min specs for the os needed.    that’s how iOS works it’s a highly unified OS..  

Basically this means say dji submitted an iPad version to Apple with min spec needed being iOS 11..  any iPad running iOS 11 will be able to utilize the app even if it’s a bit slow..

technically on iPads if you have a direct link to iPhone version as well and running same min OS Apple allows iPads to install iPhone version as well and just runs it via a scaler..that’s how unified the OS is.. not like android where there is legitimate concern if compatibility one device to the next sometimes depending on hardware/software.   

2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If it's the Apple IPad I think it is, it won't.  Really need model number to be sure - one way or other.
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If you already have it, give it a try.  
If you are looking to buy it, get Model number of it from Settings / General / About menu.  Then check whether GO4 will support it.  
Worlds of caution, if a SmartTablet or SmartPhone can barely run GO4 now, that does not mean device will be able to run GO4+, GO5.
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_MP6tU5QeaIZP Posted at 2018-3-19 22:06
It’s comparable if it runs latest version of iOS..  Apple manages compability not the developers.. once dev has opted for iPhone and iPad versions Apple then handle all backend compability.. basic end on devices ability to run min specs for the os needed.    that’s how iOS works it’s a highly unified OS..  

Basically this means say dji submitted an iPad version to Apple with min spec needed being iOS 11..  any iPad running iOS 11 will be able to utilize the app even if it’s a bit slow..

Issue is, the iPad or iPhone might run GO4 app, but that does not mean iPad or iPhone has enough horsepower to keep up with load put on it by GO4 app when drone is flying, sending back video, and trying to store the video.

That is why people need to go by blessed device list put out by DJI.  
I would never go with bare minimum on DJI's blessed list.  Always better to have some spare CPU cycles, large caches, extra memory, better graphics co-processor, etc.  Factoring in, you are putting a $1,000 or more drone on the line.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules