Gps phantom 4
631 5 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a136a08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15863 ft

Chile

Hi,  does anyone know what is the communication protocol between phantom 4 and your own gps?
2018-3-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really understand the question. What is 'your own gps' ?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The Phantom 4 has its own GPS. Do you encounter any issue with the original one?
2018-3-21
Use props
fans8a136a08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15863 ft

Chile

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-21 02:47
The Phantom 4 has its own GPS. Do you encounter any issue with the original one?

The gps of my phantom 4 if it has a problem, the problem is that it does not link with satellites, so I wanted to know how I can test it externally to determine if it is the gps unit or the mainboard fails, I am an electronic technician and would appreciate having this information to perform the tests and not have to buy the gps unit and then discover that the failure was another.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8a136a08 Posted at 2018-3-21 06:12
The gps of my phantom 4 if it has a problem, the problem is that it does not link with satellites, so I wanted to know how I can test it externally to determine if it is the gps unit or the mainboard fails, I am an electronic technician and would appreciate having this information to perform the tests and not have to buy the gps unit and then discover that the failure was another.

Thanks for the clarification. The GPS connection may loose if the drone cannot receive satellites even in open outdoor. It is recommended to send the unit in if you need further assistance. Sorry about this.
2018-3-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans8a136a08 Posted at 2018-3-21 06:12

Are you testing it indoors or outside? The GPS may not find any satellites if you are indoors.
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules