Home / MAVIC /
11111 12 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tibouron
New
Mexico

Hi everyone.

After one motor overload in the air of La Reunion with no warning the support service repair my drone. It was working for 1 month.

I m now working on a project and same thing happen but differently! Motor overload but when I recalibrate the IMU it s working fine. Then I turn off the drone and when I put it back on motor overload! I tried 3 times to recalibrate each time it's working again and then broke it again. I never see this error on internet.

I hzve a very important work tomorrow do you have any advice ? I think that my hardware has no problem? I m just out of warranty (unless with my two repairs DJI add a one year warranty after each repair?)

Thank you
2018-3-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Does Gimbal motor overload happen when drone is powered off and immediately powered back on?  
Or does drone have to be off for a while before there is Gimbal motor overload problem?   If so how long?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Tibouron, so sorry to hear the issue. Did your drone crash before? Normally, the gimbal motor overload happens after a crash. You can try updating the firmware for the drone, calibrating the gimbal camera, if still no good luck, then it is recommended to send in for a diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support, thanks!
2018-3-19
Use props
Tibouron
New
France

No crash. It happen immédiatly when I powered it back on. It's working fine when I do à IMU calibration so it can't be an hardware issue ?  How can I up date thé firmware I 'm already with the latest. Can I reset? Or downgrade?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Try to calibrate the gimbal in gimbal settings.
If that doesn't fix it, try to downgrade using Dji assistant here: WINDOWS: DJI Assistant 2
2018-3-20
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Temporarily, for your needs tomorrow follow this way.

2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much would the repair they performed have cost if it was not covered under the warranty? Doesn't DJI only provide the first 6 months of warranty for the camera? It sounds like they gave you a year?
2018-3-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-20 10:42
How much would the repair they performed have cost if it was not covered under the warranty? Doesn't DJI only provide the first 6 months of warranty for the camera? It sounds like they gave you a year?

I just got my Mavic Pro last week and have 4 flights under my belt. I only drone for recreational, not commercial, purposes and having the Spark I keep in mind I need to fly my Mavic Pro sparingly when in need of getting that great shot, because the camera is so delicate. Otherwise I should just use my Spark. Both drones are less than 3 months old, but I want the cameras to last more than 1 year?
2018-3-20
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-3-20 09:47

Gimbal overload fix

Your problem looks like the filter is hindering the self test mode. Did you try removing the filter.
Some filters are to thick and slightly hit the bracket during self test.
2018-3-20
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

lomo2017 Posted at 2018-3-20 14:18
Your problem looks like the filter is hindering the self test mode. Did you try removing the filter.
Some filters are to thick and slightly hit the bracket during self test.

It's not me the person in the video.

I just put the youtube link here.

Anyway, thanks for your information.
2018-3-21
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

By any chance did you forgot to remove the gimbal clamp?  I know it tends to cause this problem.
2018-3-21
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Trinidad and Tobago

Additionally, a heavy ND filter can contribute to this problem.
2018-3-22
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Trinidad and Tobago

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-3-20 09:47

Gimbal overload fix

Totally agree with you. The MP is a fantastic product but it's weak point is the camera. let's hope this is sorted out in the Mavic ii
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules