4980 13 2018-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

To anybody owing Inspire 1 Pro drone, Osmo Pro set-up seems to be a natural way of utilizing Zenmuse X5 gimbal and camera. When equipped with Focus Wheel and CrystalSky monitor, such combination renders very capable video camera with semi-professional features. However, intentionally lightweight and portable Osmo system becames heavy, clumsy and vulnerable. Here's an custom solution, manufactured in my hobby shop.

osmo 01.jpg
osmo 03.jpg
osmo 04.jpg
2018-3-19
Use props
ranrotary
New
Flight distance : 1553684 ft
United States

Very impressive and elegant solution you've created.  Well done!
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ranrotary Posted at 2018-3-19 22:29
Very impressive and elegant solution you've created.  Well done!

Thank you, in my age this is the only way to get satisfaction ...
2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive rig
Have you got some footage to share?
Curious what you can get out of this!
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-19 23:34
Impressive rig
Have you got some footage to share?
Curious what you can get out of this!

Nope, just finished this project, getting ready for warmer days. Expecting a lot of good things, filming landscapes from all possible angles and distances with multiple lenses. Imagine that ...
2018-3-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-19 23:55
Nope, just finished this project, getting ready for warmer days. Expecting a lot of good things, filming landscapes from all possible angles and distances with multiple lenses. Imagine that ...

Yes, that was my expectation also
Looking forward to seeing your work!
2018-3-20
Use props
fans1c1287c5
New

United States

Matthew what would a rig like that cost me
2018-9-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

fans1c1287c5 Posted at 2018-9-3 20:38
Matthew what would a rig like that cost me

I have no idea if anything of this nature is manufactured and sold anywhere in the world. Perhaps in China. This is my hobby project, not commercially available, I'm sorry to say ...
2018-9-4
Use props
videoprofi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3448 ft
Ukraine

Sorry for writing this topic, I can not create a new one!
I have a problem with osmo x5 pro, the problem appears from time to time, when osmo is turned on, the green LED constantly flashes on the camera, in the application dji go video from the camera is turned upside down, when you try to turn off the indicators on the handle go out, and the camera flashes green and the image from the camera goes on to the phone, tried to pull the battery, shoot the object, does not help anything. Another note if you pull out the memory card and insert it back then the problem disappears, already this has been with osmo twice, tell me what can be the problem, and memory cards have been different.
2018-9-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

videoprofi Posted at 2018-9-27 05:17
Sorry for writing this topic, I can not create a new one!
I have a problem with osmo x5 pro, the problem appears from time to time, when osmo is turned on, the green LED constantly flashes on the camera, in the application dji go video from the camera is turned upside down, when you try to turn off the indicators on the handle go out, and the camera flashes green and the image from the camera goes on to the phone, tried to pull the battery, shoot the object, does not help anything. Another note if you pull out the memory card and insert it back then the problem disappears, already this has been with osmo twice, tell me what can be the problem, and memory cards have been different.

Contact DJI through the Support / Chat links.  It's not nice to hijack a thread ;-)
2018-9-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

videoprofi Posted at 2018-9-27 05:17
Sorry for writing this topic, I can not create a new one!
I have a problem with osmo x5 pro, the problem appears from time to time, when osmo is turned on, the green LED constantly flashes on the camera, in the application dji go video from the camera is turned upside down, when you try to turn off the indicators on the handle go out, and the camera flashes green and the image from the camera goes on to the phone, tried to pull the battery, shoot the object, does not help anything. Another note if you pull out the memory card and insert it back then the problem disappears, already this has been with osmo twice, tell me what can be the problem, and memory cards have been different.

It's impossible to diagnose the issue since it appears intermittently. However, indeed for some reason Osmo may react strangely with particular SD cards inserted into X5 camera. It's unpredictable. Best course of action: experiment with different cards to see if the issue is persistent.
2018-9-27
Use props
fans17f846ed
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hy man! I've got a question about the dji rig. Do you sell or sell the cad files?  I'm really impressed your job. I wanna have this rail for my osmo pro. Have a nice day! Zsolt
2021-2-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans17f846ed Posted at 2-15 03:52
Hy man! I've got a question about the dji rig. Do you sell or sell the cad files?  I'm really impressed your job. I wanna have this rail for my osmo pro. Have a nice day! Zsolt

I may send you some CAD files for waterjet cutting, but there's much more machining involved. I don't manufacture this rig, it is one of the kind DIY project ...
2021-2-15
Use props
fans17f846ed
lvl.1
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-15 12:58
I may send you some CAD files for waterjet cutting, but there's much more machining involved. I don't manufacture this rig, it is one off the kind project ...

Top thanks! I really do love this project.  My mail address: scyonyc@gmail.com . Thank you a lot!
2021-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules