RC Encryption Error (PH4 RC on Spark FW)
1210 3 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero Recon Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Greetings,
I recently experienced a battery charging issue with my Phantom 4 controller and solved it by reseting the internal battery. After the repair I noticed that the controller was no longer paired to any drone because it showed the DJI Spark on the homescreen of the djigo app. I didnt go any further with linking the aircraft, fw upgrade or anything else because I had other work to focus on. Forgetting the status of the RC I allowed a friend to borrow my PH4 and RC, only to have him call me stating that the RC status reads "RC encryption error." After querring him I found out that when he got to the DJIGO homescreen, he clicked on the Spark image which tkokd him to a page with 3 options (I don't recall the options) but he clicked on 'Enter Camera View.' Then it prompted him for an RC update, which he did. After this, he linked to RC and Aircraft which produced an unstable flickering green and red light on the RC as expected; followed with the aircraft status reading 'RC encryption error.'

I have experienced this (RC encryption error) in the past when I loaded a PH3Adv controller with a PH3Pro FW and linked it with a PH3Pro aircraft. I simply reloaded the PH3Adv FW on the controller linked them back to thier respective partners and all was good. To solve my current issue I'm sure I simply have to rewrite the FW on the controller from Spark to PH4 but I dont know how to do this through DJIgo. I could reset the battery on the RC again but I'd like to think theres a software solution to this issue. Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

Much Love,
Aero
2018-3-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"To solve my current issue I'm sure I simply have to rewrite the FW on the controller from Spark to PH4 but I dont know how to do this through DJIgo."

I would agree, try this first :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 (V4.2.6 and above) and tap 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show a red triangle if update of RC to V1.9.3 is available (this may take a minute or two to appear). When it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. This is all done via wifi to the display device running DJI Go 4, this pdates RC without any additional equipment or App's. If this does not work then reboot display device and aircraft and try again. That may make the difference to your display.

Edit:- Check first in DJI Go 4 in 'General Settings' / 'About', if RC is at V1.9.3 that should be good if your P4 is at latest build (V02.00.0700).
2018-3-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your avatar icon shows a P4 Pro, so Although above should still work it was intended for a P4, two different beasts.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Aero, please try to turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP to update from overall status. If still no help, please kindly offer the last case number and screenshot of the error message, we'd like to look into the exact status, thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules