Remote control is not charging
11879 17 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fabritz
New
Switzerland

I received my new Spark today. When I plug in the charger I get two flashing white lights that eventually turn off. My understanding is that all 4 white indicator lights should sequentially flash as it is charging then turn off when fully charged. This does not happen and even though it's charging for a long time now, there are still only two lines flashing. Any idea whether the charger is defective, should I bring it back?

Thanks for your advice.
2018-3-20
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Did you try with onother cable or other usb charger?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Seems like the charger is not supplying enough power: Try to charge using the USB port on the included battery charger
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to charge the RC via another cable, or please connect the RC to the mobile device to refresh the firmware and charge again. If the issue persists, please send the RC in, we will help to take care of it. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-21
Use props
CBD660
New
United States

Hello. I am VERY new to this as this is my first post here at DJI. That being said, I have had my new SPARK fly more combo for less than 48 hours. I have read the incredibly small booklets etc and have successfully flown twice now. I tried to fully charge the RC prior to the first flight and had the same problem. I could not get the RC to fully charge. Only 2 of the 4 white LED lights would light up. On my phone's display, I could only see a maximum of 37% but that could be for the battery. Remeber I'm a newbie so I'm still learning. I have tried different cables and different chargers for the RC with no better result. What else can I do? Oh yeah, I did connect it to my iPhone and update the firmware.
2018-4-11
Use props
DSA Inspector
New
Flight distance : 351 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 01:10
Hi there, please try to charge the RC via another cable, or please connect the RC to the mobile device to refresh the firmware and charge again. If the issue persists, please send the RC in, we will help to take care of it. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

I purchased a Spark fly more combo last week with the same issue, the Remote would not charge.  I called and was told to send it back to a repair facility in Texas.  It is going to take 3 weeks I'm told to get a functioning remote for this new drone.  Is this typical quality?  I see a lot of post with the same problem and am thinking I should send the entire thing back.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DSA Inspector Posted at 2018-5-3 12:25
I purchased a Spark fly more combo last week with the same issue, the Remote would not charge.  I called and was told to send it back to a repair facility in Texas.  It is going to take 3 weeks I'm told to get a functioning remote for this new drone.  Is this typical quality?  I see a lot of post with the same problem and am thinking I should send the entire thing back.

Sorry for the difficulties. Have you tried to change the charging cable and update the firmware? If yes and the issue persists, you can return the whole package back.
You can request a refund if the product is within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect or a replacement within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.
For refund, I suggest contacting the dealer if you are purchasing from the dealer.
If you purchase the drone from DJI Store, please kindly contact the support to start a case. Hope you can get the things sorted out soon.
Besides, I will also forward this case to the proper department and pay attention to.
2018-5-3
Use props
DSA Inspector
New
Flight distance : 351 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 21:28
Sorry for the difficulties. Have you tried to change the charging cable and update the firmware? If yes and the issue persists, you can return the whole package back.
You can request a refund if the product is within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has a manufacturing defect or a replacement within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.
For refund, I suggest contacting the dealer if you are purchasing from the dealer.

The first thing I did was install the firmware update and yes I tried 4 or 5 different cables after the one supplied  by DJI failed to work.  My issue is with DJI customer service.  IF I had purchased this through Amazon, I would have had a replacement unit by the end of the week.  By buying this through DJI Store I had to jump through their hoops and deal with a slow ground truck to an from Texas adding 3 weeks to something that should have worked straight out of the box.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 21:28

I appreciate your help.  Customer service will not issue a refund for the fly more spark combo because the remote was sent to Texas for repairs, and to return it for a refund it needs to be shipped back to Irvine Ca.  I have been told twice now that I have to wait until I have the remote control back in my possession ( 3 weeks total)  before I can start the return process.  The ground shipping DJI uses is literally slower than a moped ( I did the math).  Customer service is not sure if I will be able to get a refund due to it being past the original (7) days.

All of this for a Spark package that never did function as advertised.
2018-5-4
Use props
djisharpshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 01:10
Hi there, please try to charge the RC via another cable, or please connect the RC to the mobile device to refresh the firmware and charge again. If the issue persists, please send the RC in, we will help to take care of it. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Dear Thor,

Is it possible to refresh the firmware of  RC for spark if yes then could the share the steps of how to do it ?
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DSA Inspector Posted at 2018-5-4 05:31
The first thing I did was install the firmware update and yes I tried 4 or 5 different cables after the one supplied  by DJI failed to work.  My issue is with DJI customer service.  IF I had purchased this through Amazon, I would have had a replacement unit by the end of the week.  By buying this through DJI Store I had to jump through their hoops and deal with a slow ground truck to an from Texas adding 3 weeks to something that should have worked straight out of the box.

Sorry for the delay. We are so sorry for the difficulties. However, according to the policy, the machine needs to be sent and diagnosed first and decided the issue sorry for the inconvenience.
Did your situation sort out? If you have sent the RC and need a help, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_dDK9ZHTs2zFR Posted at 2018-5-4 09:44
I appreciate your help.  Customer service will not issue a refund for the fly more spark combo because the remote was sent to Texas for repairs, and to return it for a refund it needs to be shipped back to Irvine Ca.  I have been told twice now that I have to wait until I have the remote control back in my possession ( 3 weeks total)  before I can start the return process.  The ground shipping DJI uses is literally slower than a moped ( I did the math).  Customer service is not sure if I will be able to get a refund due to it being past the original (7) days.

All of this for a Spark package that never did function as advertised.

I apologize for the delay. Did the case resolve? If you had sent the RC back for repair, the local team will help to take care of it. If there is anything I can help, please don't hesitate to let me know.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djisharpshooter Posted at 2018-5-4 10:57
Dear Thor,

Is it possible to refresh the firmware of  RC for spark if yes then could the share the steps of how to do it ?

You can try to long press the upper right icon for about 9 seconds on the first page of the DJI GO 4 app after the RC WiFi is connected. There will be a window popped out and you can download the firmware.
2018-5-24
Use props
djisharpshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
Singapore

Thank you Thor i was able to upgrade my RC again
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djisharpshooter Posted at 2018-5-25 02:07
Thank you Thor i was able to upgrade my RC again

Great! If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-5-25
Use props
aggragetsaol.com
New

United States

I have the same issue with my new Mac Pro2 on charging RC; how do I resolve ASAP before I just dispute charge!
2020-5-5
Use props
aggragetsaol.com
New

United States

I have the same issue with my new Mac Pro2 on charging RC; how do I resolve ASAP before I just dispute charge!

Can you please advise
Regards!
John
2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_UBKUHuNwgZ8T
New

United States

My DJI mavic 2 remote won’t charge. Its only about 5 weeks old? Any tips would be helpful
2021-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules