Tello owners...What do you think?
Home / TELLO /
12557 26 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Ok, got my Tello the other day and wow!  Great TOY.  After a few charge cycles, getting great flight times.  I’m using an IPad and the VuFine display unit.  Tello is a lot of fun, and has so much tech built-in.  Great pictures, so so video.  

FPV

FPV
Take the guards and props off, it’s tiny and going with me places I can’t take my Spark.  
I am waiting for the notice from DJI when spare batteries are back in stock.  May get a Bluetooth controller... Tello is a fun Toy with a good camera.
What do you all think about Tello?

FPV

FPV
2018-3-20
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my Tello about a week ago.  It's pretty good.  The quality of design is very high.  I have some similar toy drones (Parrot Swing/Mambo).  The Tello is definitely a step up.  I think it is a fun toy and a good place for anyone to start if they are just getting into drones.  I think there is a lot of potential for the drone in the education system.  I have starting looking at MIT's Scratch to build more programming skills into the drone.  It's definitely another win for DJI in my book.
2018-3-20
Use props
Mr. Stow
lvl.2

Austria

DId you buy additional batteries? Or how long is your flight time? I think about buying, but I want to wait for batteries
https://store.dji.com/product/tello-battery
2018-3-21
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Mr. Stow Posted at 2018-3-21 01:08
DId you buy additional batteries? Or how long is your flight time? I think about buying, but I want to wait for batteries
https://store.dji.com/product/tello-battery

Nope, no extra batteries yet.  I'm waiting for the email notice.
Flight time is at least 10 minutes, and has improved with a few flights.  Ill time it next time I fly.
2018-3-21
Use props
Brian Bk Lockett
New

I love my Tello. Using the Tello App it works flawlessly. However, i purchased a Gamevice controller for it and received it today. It is not working correctly with the Tello app. I have an android phone so this was the only controller supposedly compatible. Has anyone gotten this to work?
2018-3-26
Use props
Daymon W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3131745 ft
  • >>>
United States

fun drone for around the house would be nice to turn off sensors
2018-3-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Brian Bk Lockett Posted at 2018-3-26 16:37
I love my Tello. Using the Tello App it works flawlessly. However, i purchased a Gamevice controller for it and received it today. It is not working correctly with the Tello app. I have an android phone so this was the only controller supposedly compatible. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Hi, if you buy the gamevice controller, make sure you get the IOS version and not the android version, which has not been confirmed to work with Tello yet.
2018-3-30
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Hey y’all, Tello batteries are back in stock at DJI!  
2018-3-30
Use props
rickko
lvl.1

United States

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-3-20 14:57
I got my Tello about a week ago.  It's pretty good.  The quality of design is very high.  I have some similar toy drones (Parrot Swing/Mambo).  The Tello is definitely a step up.  I think it is a fun toy and a good place for anyone to start if they are just getting into drones.  I think there is a lot of potential for the drone in the education system.  I have starting looking at MIT's Scratch to build more programming skills into the drone.  It's definitely another win for DJI in my book.

Also check out the DRONEBLOCKS app. You can write programs on your phone or tablet. I think Scratch requires a PC or Mac desktop or laptop. DRONEBLOCKS is a-work-in-progress (have patience) but you can write very sophisticated missions. I think its more flexible that Scratch as well.
2018-4-19
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>

rickko Posted at 2018-4-19 21:42
Also check out the DRONEBLOCKS app. You can write programs on your phone or tablet. I think Scratch requires a PC or Mac desktop or laptop. DRONEBLOCKS is a-work-in-progress (have patience) but you can write very sophisticated missions. I think its more flexible that Scratch as well.

It looks like the early access for the app is already full but I will keep checking.  Thanks!
2018-4-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I purchased my Tello couple of weeks ago. It flies well indoors and has surprising speed. The battery and visual positioning system are the best features of the drone, the Tello camera is the poorest feature. Ryze should have packed in the right camera and the one included cannot properly record video, it can take decent pictures but that's all.  
2018-4-24
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought 2 more batteries and am having fun now that the weather is good enough to take it outdoors. I'm not happy I bought it.
2018-4-24
Use props
BeeSoBig
New

Czechia

In my opinion, Tello is nice drone, but currently for me unusable for two reasons:
- range in the city is very bad, often I get low signal warming when Tello is one meter from the phone
- incompatibility with standard bluetooth controller is awfull and phone as a controller is bad solution for me
2018-5-15
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1

I REALLY like everything about the Tello. Great drone for its low price. I am very impressed with all features. I am only unhappy about the height limit (32 feet/10 meters), and the camera (not saving correctly).
2018-5-15
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2

Playstore: there are two programs that change the altitude limit for tello.  ALTLimitTELLO and TALS.  Tals is free, limits altitude to 30 meters.  Altlimit is 99 cents and uses ft or meters, limit 100 meters.  
2018-5-15
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Update, Tello...
GameSir Td1  Works great with Ipad, so so with Iphone 5s... seems to demand a lot of the device.
Extra Batteries... Have 5 now,...wait what?  I purchased an extra two, then ordered a second Tello with an extra battery... Still waiting for the Charging Hub.  Order weeks ago, has not shipped.
Googles and Veiwfine, work well, love the first person immersion...landed on my friends hand last night, wow!  I use HDMI googles and Viewfine with all my drones.  An apple HDMI adaptor works great and duplicates the ipad or iphone screen to the viewing device.  Add the GameSir and well, fly FPV only....
I use the Huawei MiFi Portable USB powered Range extender... its great flying out 150 yards and more with the Range extender between me and the Tello... Pretty cools stuff! I flew into a seagull, tello kept going and the video is ok.
Altitude Limit raised with ALTLimitTello app, this is a great deal of fun and it doesn't take long to loose sight and sound of Tello...  Still haven't lost her yet but I probably should have.
Tello flies great in low and moderate wind...Flag bearing full stripes 50 % of the time.  High speed is  needed to control Tello in windy conditions.  Video sucks in wind: In no wind and using controller, video looks only so so.  (Spark looks great!)  Pictures are very nice, I use High Res option.
Ok, why?  Well because you can!  Tello has entered a new Territory of Low cost, highly adaptable, TOY with capabilities well beyond 100 bucks...although the extra toys for Tello all add to the cost.  But with batteries at 20 bucks, a bluetooth controller at 30 bucks, and a range extender at less than 20, the extras are reasonable.  
Have you seen the Tello EDU from China?  Check it out, its only the beginning.+  
Brushed Motors, Yes, and I'm trying to wear em out... but, there is a new Tello in the box when I do!...or perhaps I'll have a Flyaway at 150 feet first, or perhaps It will lose it way over water...But not yet!
All in all great fun.
2018-5-17
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft

I received mine earlier this week and am very impressed with the steady controllability of it.  The stability in the wind is quite impressive but I only had it in 5 to 10 mph.  The camera image quality is really what I expected..  I have a P4r and a Spark also, it does not compare but I was not thinking it would.  But for a fun little toy to play around with it exceeded my expectations.
2018-5-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

the best toy drone ever by having a sd card slot will be more better lol
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_B47SRAcVHmbk
New

Kenya

BeeSoBig Posted at 2018-5-15 07:04
In my opinion, Tello is nice drone, but currently for me unusable for two reasons:
- range in the city is very bad, often I get low signal warming when Tello is one meter from the phone
- incompatibility with standard bluetooth controller is awfull and phone as a controller is bad solution for me

I surely admire drones but its nearly impossible for me to buy one due to lack of money. I wish i will one day fly one
2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_B47SRAcVHmbk
New

Kenya

BeeSoBig Posted at 2018-5-15 07:04

I surely admire drones but its nearly impossible for me to buy one due to lack of money. I wish i will one day fly one
2018-7-17
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

The Tello is a fun toy, a few things could be improved.
What i miss the most is the possibility to change the camera angle, no need for gimbal or remote adjustment just a manual setting would do, it would be nice to be able to take straight down pictures too.

The most annoying thing is that settings are not saved. If not in the Tello, settings could be saved in the app and then transferred to Tello on connection.

SDK could be improved, add camera functions and remove the odd limits on movement, why do i need to move 26cm to the right and then 20cm to the left if all i wanted was to move 6cm to the right in the first place, plain stupid imo.
2018-7-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thank you very much valuable advice to us, I would pick up your keed feedback to engineer. we will in future continue to improve the features and performances of Tello, hoping to bring the customer satisfactory drone. Have a wonderful day!

2018-7-19
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

I just bought a Tello and started using it last week.

Its really fun especially the Flips that it does, people go Crazy seeing it do Crazy Stuff ! Great Little Toy ! I Love it !

There are Pros and Cons but for the Price its good enough for me.

Things I like best is the Photos for its Price, the thing I don't like is the Shaky and Frame Skipping Video as it doesn't have the MicroSD Card Slot and Gimbal, but again for its Price it Worthed.

2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_C7Anh8PYbyzF
New

South Africa

Tim Twerp Posted at 5-15 13:29
Playstore: there are two programs that change the altitude limit for tello.  ALTLimitTELLO and TALS.  Tals is free, limits altitude to 30 meters.  Altlimit is 99 cents and uses ft or meters, limit 100 meters.

I bought my TELLO just before going on holiday. For the price it offers me more than enough. Not ofcourse the super quality of the Phantom but handy, transportable, nice pics&video and thanx to the ALTlimitTello app up to 30 meters high. A little wind sensitive because of the low weight. For that price not a toy drone but much more than that.
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_rJqKLpDiwTn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13871 ft
Israel

I own a Mavic Air, and have recently purchased the Tello because of its programming capabilities. A few hours ago I activated it at home in my living room, not for the first time. It flew upwards near the ceiling, and would not respond to my GameSir T1d controller following its original launch command. I didn't want to try to catch it bare-handed so as not to get cut by the propellers. So I hit on the "bright" idea  of throwing a simple kitchen towel over it. It worked! the Tello landed on a table, and no harm was done to it. Subsequent examination revealed that the Bluetooth connection to the GameSir T1d was active, but the wireless connection Between Smartphone and Tello was not. I remember setting it up, but somehow the connection got lost. All's well that ends well. It's a great toy, fast and fun to fly, but I have yet to learn Scratch for programming it, and to take a few photos to determine  their quality.
2018-11-24
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Just purchased one for my 10 year old for Xmas. Hopefully it's easy enough and hovers steadily just fine for him to use it.. I've gotten him several of the cheaper Wal-Mart toy ones that are almost impossible for him to control. Either they are shooting straight up in to the ceiling or straight down to the floor. No real in between. I am hoping this offers him more hovering control. I didn't want to spend the price of a Spark on him just to crash it 10 minutes later so figured this would be the next best option for a toy drone.
2018-12-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

HedsIc Posted at 12-7 08:45
Just purchased one for my 10 year old for Xmas. Hopefully it's easy enough and hovers steadily just fine for him to use it.. I've gotten him several of the cheaper Wal-Mart toy ones that are almost impossible for him to control. Either they are shooting straight up in to the ceiling or straight down to the floor. No real in between. I am hoping this offers him more hovering control. I didn't want to spend the price of a Spark on him just to crash it 10 minutes later so figured this would be the next best option for a toy drone.

Well received Hedsic. In regard to your worry, please pay attention not to fly in the environment below where the drone might drift.

2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules