Thailand drone registration
10355 9 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Hello,

Im going to thailand this november and I heard that there is a new law and every drone need to be registered. It tooks 2 months to register, but it needs to visit Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand CAAT...  my mavic air has less than 2kg but there is camera. The law says that every drone with camera need to be registered. Is there any option to register it online or by post? Im from Poland and going to spend there 2 weeks and dont want to lose time searching for rigt department because it can take 2 months to register.... anyone know something about this?

Greeetings
2018-3-20
Use props
Dron-e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3542379 ft
  • >>>
Italy

HI, the drone in Thailand should only be declared, but to fly you must have insurance to third parties adn you must declare in wich places you will fly.
You found a form to fill out on Caat website.

If you already have an insurance policy the timing to authorize your drone will vary from 20 to 60 days.
2018-3-22
Use props
mark_s
lvl.2

Russia

Hi Riot,
You can look here for ideas, may be it would help a little:
Drone registration in Thailand
BR
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

mark_s Posted at 2018-3-26 11:40
Hi Riot,
You can look here for ideas, may be it would help a little:
Drone registration in Thailand

sorry but if you are in thai for holidays (usually 2-3 weeks)  you cannot wait 60 days for a license

This mean that people that buy drone for take footage of travel (like me) have to forgot this idea...each country have different law, in each country you have to register, pay insurance, obtain license and in some case provide details of flight ...it's frustrating!  

2018-3-28
Use props
mark_s
lvl.2

Russia

As I know you can send enquiry remotely, please try and don't be so sorry anyway,  I really wish I were on your place in Thai... ))
2018-3-29
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

Hello,

I contacted with Thai Embassy in Poland and asked them for help. They send me english form to fill and send to CAAT and  NBTC but they said i need to ask If registration in CAAT exempts from the obligation to register in NBTC.

How about insurance, is this possible to buy it online?
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

mark_s Posted at 2018-3-29 16:21
As I know you can send enquiry remotely, please try and don't be so sorry anyway,  I really wish I were on your place in Thai... ))

Thank you Mark, i will try!
I use drone for hobby, in Italy i don't need a license, there are some restrictions without license but form me are ok
2018-3-30
Use props
mark_s
lvl.2

Russia

riot! Posted at 2018-3-29 21:28
Hello,

I contacted with Thai Embassy in Poland and asked them for help. They send me english form to fill and send to CAAT and  NBTC but they said i need to ask If registration in CAAT exempts from the obligation to register in NBTC.

I believe so:
... Also you can buy on-line insurance on one of the links:
https://www.phantomthailand.com/product/Drone-Insurance
http://www.dronethaiinsurance.com/plan.html ...
2018-3-30
Use props
Ahudii
New

Maldives

Hi!

I would love to know if it is possible to get inside Thailand with the drone, without any registrations or paperwork??
If its possible i would like to know because i will be traveling to Thailand this November..

Once we get inside Thailand where can i get temporary flying license and insurance for the days i am staying..
I will be staying in phuket for three days and will be moving to Bangkok afterwards..

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Thank you
2018-9-4
Use props
riot!
lvl.2
Poland

U have to register in two offices: CAAT and NBTC, if no u can go to the prison !!

CAAT is possible to do online: www.caat.or.th/uav
NBTC only in office in bangkok.

U need to get worldwide insurance with cover 100000 baht (there must be drone serial number included on insurance)

I don't recommend to go to the thailand with drone without registration - there are controllers on the airport and they can dont let you pass the border without papers.  
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules