AirSense
8964 14 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jstocker68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

How has everyone's experience been with AirSense? I have had it tell me that there is an aircraft in the area and to descend right away and there is nothing there. Other times I can see air craft (that may not be equipped) and there is no warning? When I try to do research on how the system works and exactly how it looks for other aircraft I can find no information about it.  What are your thoughts?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, ADS-B receiver has been installed in the aircraft of M200 series, which is used to receive the signal of the airplane. The aircraft will judge whether there will be the risk and decide to notify the pilot. At this moment, it only supports to detect the signal of the airplane which installed standard ADS-B OUT of 1090ES(RTCA DO-260) or UAT(RTCA DO-282)

a. If the aircraft is 180 seconds away from the airplane, the aircraft on the map will be in blue, and a warning prompt will pop up and then disappear.
b. If the aircraft 120 seconds away from the airplane, the aircraft on the map will be in yellow and a warning prompt will pop up and then disappear.
c. If the aircraft is 60 seconds away from the airplane, the aircraft on the map will be in red, and a warning prompt will pop up and not disappear.

2018-3-20
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew, well spotted!
It needs clarification. This is ADS-B and not TCAS.

according to the manual, it should notify the pilot, nothing else.
2018-3-21
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 19:17
Hi there, ADS-B receiver has been installed in the aircraft of M200 series, which is used to receive the signal of the airplane. The aircraft will judge whether there will be the risk and notify the pilot. At this moment, it only supports to detect the signal of the airplane which installed standard ADS-B OUT of 1090ES(RTCA DO-260) or UAT(RTCA DO-282)

a. If the aircraft is 180 seconds away from the airplane, the aircraft on the map will be in blue, and a warning prompt will pop up and then disappear.

Thank you for this information, but it still doesn't answer my question. It goes red, when there are no air craft in the area and there will be nothing when I can visibly see a manned aircraft.
2018-3-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-21 17:04
Thank you for this information, but it still doesn't answer my question. It goes red, when there are no air craft in the area and there will be nothing when I can visibly see a manned aircraft.

Well, I experienced this warning once only by far, and there was a single engine Cessna passing some 500 m away and above ... Remember that not all manned planes are equipped with ADS-B transmitter. Today another small plane was flying much closer to my M200 .. No warning whatsoever!  Personally I think it's not bad feature at all if you're in proximity of some Yellow Circle zone, but need to be ironed out ... Like any other DJI's idea for protecting multi-billion dollar drone business.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for this. I've edited the previous reply to avoid further confusion. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-3-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 01:18
Sorry for this. I've edited the previous reply to avoid further confusion. Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, Susan ... Did you also talk to DJI Store management team about CLEAR AND VISIBLE notification of Phantom 4 Pro and Pro + differences before payment procedure?
2018-3-22
Use props
davidherries
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3768451 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

For those interested I made this quick video of the ADS-B-In working on Matrice 2XX series.     I will try and get one with the yellow and blue icons being displayed as well.

It most definitely will not pickup all manned aircraft as mentioned above, as not all manned aircraft have a ADS-B-Out transponder yet.   That said it is the technology of the future for manned aircraft and most will require one in the coming few years depending on where in the world you are.   Therefore it is great to see the simplicity of this tech being tested now in drones.   Be great to see it on all DJI craft including the mavic and phantom etc.

2018-9-23
Use props
Jamesjts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 916578 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-20 19:17
Hi there, ADS-B receiver has been installed in the aircraft of M200 series, which is used to receive the signal of the airplane. The aircraft will judge whether there will be the risk and decide to notify the pilot. At this moment, it only supports to detect the signal of the airplane which installed standard ADS-B OUT of 1090ES(RTCA DO-260) or UAT(RTCA DO-282)

a. If the aircraft is 180 seconds away from the airplane, the aircraft on the map will be in blue, and a warning prompt will pop up and then disappear.

Hi. Is this the same one the Mavic 2 Enterprise and is the  signal/notification only one way? I.E. Mavic 2E user get notification of mañed aircraft but does manned aircraft get notification of the Mavic 2E?
2018-11-1
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Jamesjts Posted at 11-1 19:09
Hi. Is this the same one the Mavic 2 Enterprise and is the  signal/notification only one way? I.E. Mavic 2E user get notification of mañed aircraft but does manned aircraft get notification of the Mavic 2E?

It's one way only.
Mavic 2 Enterprise user get notification/warning displayed.
(there is not ADS-B transmitter onboard the M2E)
2018-11-1
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

I saw a recent announcement of planned improvements to the Airsense feature.  Does anyone know what those improvements/enhancements are???
2018-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jamesjts Posted at 11-1 19:09
Hi. Is this the same one the Mavic 2 Enterprise and is the  signal/notification only one way? I.E. Mavic 2E user get notification of mañed aircraft but does manned aircraft get notification of the Mavic 2E?

Hi Jamesjts, we're sorry that it is one way only. The Mavic 2 Enterprise user can get the notification but the manned aircraft cannot.
2018-11-3
Use props
K8UR
lvl.1
United States

davidherries Posted at 2018-9-23 18:54
For those interested I made this quick video of the ADS-B-In working on Matrice 2XX series.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZibkxLQs8o   I will try and get one with the yellow and blue icons being displayed as well.

It most definitely will not pickup all manned aircraft as mentioned above, as not all manned aircraft have a ADS-B-Out transponder yet.   That said it is the technology of the future for manned aircraft and most will require one in the coming few years depending on where in the world you are.   Therefore it is great to see the simplicity of this tech being tested now in drones.   Be great to see it on all DJI craft including the mavic and phantom etc.

Excellent!
2019-1-4
Use props
djiuser_V0RyO7yNJIZW
lvl.1

United States

Hi so I've heard about this new Dji airsince, but will the software be available for the phantom 4 standard?
2019-5-22
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

djiuser_V0RyO7yNJIZW Posted at 5-22 05:54
Hi so I've heard about this new Dji airsince, but will the software be available for the phantom 4 standard?

No.

ten characters
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules