Remote identification
11981 15 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Couldn’t find anything about this, what do I have to do with this option?
887AA17F-1014-4F79-BF21-4C889617DE8B.png
2BEDFAEA-FDCB-4DD4-93AC-4B72370FF0D7.png
2018-3-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think this option will transmit your UUID somehow.
2018-3-20
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Remote identification system that functions as an “electronic license plate” for drones. The new features allow drone pilots to voluntarily identify their flight operations to authorities while still protecting their privacy.  AeroScope is a system that remotely identifies and tracks airborne drones, allowing law enforcement and aviation safety officials to respond to safety and security concerns about drones. DJI drones locally broadcast their location, speed, heading and serial numbers to AeroScope receivers used by authorities at sensitive locations or in response to complaints.  However, they do not broadcast personally identifiable information.  Recent updates to the DJI GO 4 app and DJI drone firmware, made available first for the DJI Mavic Pro last week, will allow pilots to choose whether or not to broadcast additional information about their flight operations, if they believe it will be helpful to ease any concerns about their flights. Professional pilots and pilots who fly near sensitive locations may choose to do this routinely.  Once updated, the DJI GO 4 app will display a “remote identification” menu in the main controller settings. This menu gives pilots the option to broadcast their “UUID,” a unique user identification code tied to each pilot’s DJI GO account, and “Identification & Flight Information,” if a pilot chooses to enter information into them. The default setting for both options is to not broadcast them, and these settings can be changed at any time.
2018-3-20
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Netherlands

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-20 11:49
Remote identification system that functions as an “electronic license plate” for drones. The new features allow drone pilots to voluntarily identify their flight operations to authorities while still protecting their privacy.  AeroScope is a system that remotely identifies and tracks airborne drones, allowing law enforcement and aviation safety officials to respond to safety and security concerns about drones. DJI drones locally broadcast their location, speed, heading and serial numbers to AeroScope receivers used by authorities at sensitive locations or in response to complaints.  However, they do not broadcast personally identifiable information.  Recent updates to the DJI GO 4 app and DJI drone firmware, made available first for the DJI Mavic Pro last week, will allow pilots to choose whether or not to broadcast additional information about their flight operations, if they believe it will be helpful to ease any concerns about their flights. Professional pilots and pilots who fly near sensitive locations may choose to do this routinely.  Once updated, the DJI GO 4 app will display a “remote identification” menu in the main controller settings. This menu gives pilots the option to broadcast their “UUID,” a unique user identification code tied to each pilot’s DJI GO account, and “Identification & Flight Information,” if a pilot chooses to enter information into them. The default setting for both options is to not broadcast them, and these settings can be changed at any time.

So if we turn it off, they can not see us on the radar, and if we do turn it on they can see us?

2018-3-20
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Jerpie Posted at 2018-3-20 12:33
So if we turn it off, they can not see us on the radar, and if we do turn it on they can see us?

yes for safety and to make the authorities aware of your flight specially if you are near any airport red zone circle or military air base
2018-3-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-20 12:38
yes for safety and to make the authorities aware of your flight specially if you are near any airport red zone circle or military air base

Seems like a good feature to me
2018-3-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a great feature but I leave mine switched off
2018-3-20
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I don't think airport radar works like that.... I am pretty sure they will be able to see the object (Drone) to include its heading and speed, but not be able to identify the object.  Which is what this setting accomplishes, I mean if I am wrong and off base please tell me.  
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is for broadcast your flight info to the local authorities, you can input or select the flight info that the authorities asking for. Unless you agree and select the info that you are going to broadcast, DJI will not broadcast your flight info.
2018-3-21
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 01:01
This is for broadcast your flight info to the local authorities, you can input or select the flight info that the authorities asking for. Unless you agree and select the info that you are going to broadcast, DJI will not broadcast your flight info.

In case we do not publish it, can't they see our flight then?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Mine is always turned on by default. It would automatically be turned back on when it's restarted. Anyone also experience the same issue?
2018-3-21
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-3-21 09:21
Mine is always turned on by default. It would automatically be turned back on when it's restarted. Anyone also experience the same issue?

Thats normal mine turns on also
2018-3-21
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

So this is like a flight transponder, sorta kinda?
2018-3-21
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Is this for all Sparks in all countries.. First time I see this info,,
2018-3-21
Use props
fans29fbe11f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253222 ft

Australia

Jerpie Posted at 2018-3-21 01:18
In case we do not publish it, can't they see our flight then?

If you have it turned off they can still see your SN,Speed,direction etc. But you can turn it on and add extra info like 107 id and things like that so if you have a job near a Airport they can see this and not bother you.
2018-3-21
Use props
CetanTopa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158366 ft
Norway

And what is id 107?
Could you please tell me what to fill in, into the two textfields!?
2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules