Latest P4P firmware (2018.03.08) on a P4P+
1211 4 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

My results after upgrading a P4P+ to latest firmware V 01.05.0600.    "+" RC firmware was V 1.3.6.0

I upgraded using "+" RC on a Wi-Fi connection method and upgrade proceeded without a problem.

A/C firmware upgrades tend to reset some settings especially camera settings so if pictures don't come right after an upgrade it may be because stored setting like color profile and custom style settings are erased, so I suggest you take screen shots or write down all camera settings before you upgrade.

I tried new firmware out with several intelligent flight modes and taking panoramas and everything seems to work.  I had experienced the problem of the screen view flipping over when gimbal was pointed straight down and that seems to be fixed.  

A couple of glitches remain but they may be problems in the "+" RC firmware, not the aircraft
1) Get spurious notices to upgrade "Precise Fly Safe Database A/C", even though if you ignore and go into GO 4 App and check, all databases are up to date.  This only occurs when RC is not connected to internet, which, for the "+" RC is most of the time when you are outside unless you connect it via your phone hotspot.  So the bug is in the RC software that checks database versions when A/C first connects and apparently if it can't confirm by connecting to DJI server, issues a message to upgrade.  So far I have been able to ignore and continue to fly without a problem.  
2) "+" RC still stuck on GO 4 App 4.1.22  whereas all others are using GO app 4.2.6.  Even though a lot of the latest GO app updates are aimed at Mavic Air, there are still improvements to GO app that would be useful for P4P.  A couple of "+" RC firmware updates ago, DJI finally provided ability to update GO app separetly from a RC firmware update.  However, that was virtually useless since their is no easy way to access Android app store and "+" owners still have to wait for DJI to push out a new version of the GO App.  Why DJI couldn't make the latest version of the GO app for Android available on its web site for "+"  owners is difficult to understand.
Hope this helps

2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Wataero, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Nice to know the aircraft works now.
Regarding the reminder of Fly Safe Database, I've reported to our engineers for review. They are checking the current status now. We'll keep follow up as well.
Also, the App version of the built-in screen has been optimized and stability will be better. It is independent of normal Android/IOS version. We will release if there is a new version. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-20
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-20 20:55
Hi Wataero, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Nice to know the aircraft works now.
Regarding the reminder of Fly Safe Database, I've reported to our engineers for review. They are checking the current status now. We'll keep follow up as well.
Also, the App version of the built-in screen has been optimized and stability will be better. It is independent of normal Android/IOS version. We will release if there is a new version. Thanks for your attention.

Susan - thanks for your response.  One related question, I mentioned camera settings being reset, sometimes by just turning RC off and on.  I have tried using the "Save Camera Settings"  function but it seems that it sets some camera settings but not all.  Is there any documentation which describes exactly which camera settings are affected if you save and later reload saved camera settings?
Thanks,
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wataero Posted at 2018-3-21 17:27
Susan - thanks for your response.  One related question, I mentioned camera settings being reset, sometimes by just turning RC off and on.  I have tried using the "Save Camera Settings"  function but it seems that it sets some camera settings but not all.  Is there any documentation which describes exactly which camera settings are affected if you save and later reload saved camera settings?
Thanks,

Sorry, this is no documentation for the camera settings at this moment. Does the reset issue appear regularly? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?
2018-3-24
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

I updated my P4P to the latest: V 01.05.0600
No apparent issues when flying.  I did notice when I turned right and left the gimble had a very slight hesitation.

Perhaps that was a setting that got over written OR I never noticed

One thing for sure, getting pics from SD card to Ipdad Mini is MUCH SLOWER.  Used to transmit approx 1mb a sec or more.  Now it barely gets 500mb a sec.

Anyone else experience this?

2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules