Update Battery Firmware
26333 64 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tjlei
lvl.1

Taiwan

If i stay at version 2.0.0.0 than no error message show up with same flight.
2014-11-8
Use props
Tjlei
lvl.1

Taiwan

And the version 2.0.0.0 battery with the same flight, than no error message show up.
2014-11-8
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

adam@boushley.c Posted at 2014-10-30 19:18
Why don't I see battery firmware updates like others? I have the newer batteries with square connect ...

I experianced the same thing, I uninstalled the assistant, and re-installed again, making sure it was version 3.6.  Updated 5 batteries no problem.
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Una
lvl.2

China

Tjlei Posted at 2014-11-9 11:52
hi
my battery show up the error message after i update to V2.6.0.0.

Hi  Tjlei,

Pls reinstall our software assistant and upgrade the battery again.

Let us know if still problem exist .

BR ,

Una
2014-11-11
Use props
ahetman
New
Turkey

DJI what did you due to my battery ??

Here is my problem on my Phantom 2 + I get an Battery Error Damaged Cell Warning not recommand to fly ?? this is my battery history.. but i tested the battery manually by clicking and holding the power button till the power RED led starts to flash and all 4 green indicators which show IF there is damaged cell and on my 4 of them are green. I see no issues so I cant tell if its software or a hardware but the new update messed mine up too. when i charge the battery Drains from 100% fast, its not really funny. I would like a new battery from DJI since these things dont cost a gummy price
IMG_2501.PNG
IMG_2502.PNG
2014-11-20
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

check this out
2014-11-20
Use props
wdahlstrom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94839 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Una Posted at 2014-10-30 14:02
New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was store ...

"newest version"??????
DJI has NEVER sold batteries by version or generation. I have 5 OEM batteries from DJI. How do I know if they are "newer" or too old to upgrade.  I gotta tell ya DJI-Una, you have to be very specific when speaking as a manufacturer's representative.  
2014-11-23
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Calm down bro..
So sorry that our response didn;t satisfy you.
We will think it over!
2014-11-23
Use props
ndude2
lvl.1

Canada

Is the battery firmware upgrade recommended?
2014-11-24
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

away-point Posted at 2014-10-31 21:16
Apparently, it's 10 days, not 2.  That is a little better, but I still don't like it.

Why you dont like it? If you know something about lipo batteries then you would know that you have to put your lipos in storage mode, when you store fully charged batteries they will get destroyed and you risk the lithium gases in your room. Normally you shouldnt even store a fully charged lipo over night! charge it the same day you fly and after that bring the lipo to 50%.
2014-11-24
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

I don't like the idea of the battery "preserving" itself by consuming some of it's finite charge cycles.  If it runs itself down, thats one less use I will get out of my investment.

Bottom line, these batteries last 75 to 100 charge cycles before their capacity is diminished beyond usefulness for flying.  Even if every charge cycle was "lipo ideal" -- use, charge to 50%, fully charge before use -- I suspect that useful life span would not be extended significantly.  Perhaps it might be, I don't know.  But I do know this, life is too short to babysit batteries.  IF the charger had a "storage" charge button, AND if it only took 10-15 min to finish charging from there, I'd be game.  But otherwise, if it's less than a few weeks (actually, usually only a few days in my case), my batteries sit charged, and I prefer they not automically wear themselves out behind my back.
That said, I'd love to hear how your battery lifespan turns out.  If your approch does in fact yield significantly greater battery life, I'd welcome that information.    
2014-11-24
Use props
DJI-Alpha Prime
lvl.2

China

ahetman@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-21 03:12
DJI what did you due to my battery ??

Here is my problem on my Phantom 2 + I get an Battery Error D ...

Hello  Ahetman ,

Pls contact the nearest support center for the issue.

2014-11-25
Use props
DJI-Alpha Prime
lvl.2

China

wdahlstrom Posted at 2014-11-24 06:22
"newest version"??????
DJI has NEVER sold batteries by version or generation. I have 5 OEM batteri ...

Hi  Wdahlstrom ,

Sorry  for my Inappropriate description caused your misunderstanding.

You can check the firmware if they can upgrade to the version as our release report  and use normally .
If you have any questions about your batteries ,pls contact Suppor@dji.com for further information.
2014-11-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

away-point Posted at 2014-11-25 11:29
I don't like the idea of the battery "preserving" itself by consuming some of it's finite charge cyc ...

yes but this is the nature of lipo batteries, the physics cant be changed for now. Its deadly for the batterie when you store them fully charged for two days or so thats why most batterie chargers have the storage mode. If you store them with 50-60% then it takes maybe an hour for one batterie to charge them fully if you want to fly. The best if when you have two loading cables
2014-11-25
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Daninho Posted at 2014-11-25 20:55
yes but this is the nature of lipo batteries, the physics cant be changed for now. Its deadly for  ...

The half-charge storage recommendation is for an "extended period."  I don't consider 2 days an extended period, and apparently neither does DJI, hence the 10 day auto-discharge.

I don't doubt you're diligence will maximize battery lifespan.  How much so is the question.   My guess, not dramatically.  

I find an hour charge time before flight extremely inconvenient.  Often, I fly spontaneously, and planning ahead for every flight is not something I have any interest in doing.  This is all about fun, not about adding additional planning/complexity to my day.   

Say I only get 70 flights out of a battery, and you get 125.  That means my flights cost $1.86, while yours are $1.04.   Is it worth a few cents per-flight to spend my time guessing when to unplug a charging battery, and also plan ahead or wait an hour for charging for each flight?  To me, no.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but for me, your approach isn't worth my extra effort.  
2014-11-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Germany

away-point Posted at 2014-11-26 01:13
The half-charge storage recommendation is for an "extended period."  I don't consider 2 days an ex ...

you can find that in any lipo care instruction., If you dont believe it then its fine to me, its not my phantom. In the end you can do whatever you want to do with your lipo and phantom
2014-11-25
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Likewise!   

I've never seen anything more specific than "extended period".  Wonder how long that really is???

2014-11-25
Use props
dordje
New

United Kingdom

Is anyone else unable to update to battery FW 2.6 from 2.0 with a loader version of 1.5? I cannot see anything that says I would not be able to update my battery FW to the latest (Phantom 2 original) and the batteries have square pins... help?!
2014-12-16
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

dordje Posted at 2014-12-17 04:38
Is anyone else unable to update to battery FW 2.6 from 2.0 with a loader version of 1.5? I cannot se ...

Same here
Cant update to 2.6
This is a new battery from DME.   loader 1.5.9  firmware 2.0.0.0
Called dji and they said there looking in to it
They also said it could be a bad battery.  I don't think so but you never know.
2014-12-19
Use props
tomr345
lvl.2
United States

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-20 05:01
Same here
Cant update to 2.6
This is a new battery from DME.   loader 1.5.9  firmware 2.0.0.0

i also have battery loader 1.5.0.0 f/w 2.0.0.0  with the latest vision assistant software(3.6). I also can not update to f/w 2.6(it says no updates).  I have seen in YouTube videos,  including the one referred to in this thread, that people can update this battery with this loader.  I have 2 that say no updates.  i can only assume that the firmware was recalled for one reason or another.  Could someone from DJI confirm my suspicions?   i would benefit from some of the new features since i am more of a weekend enthusiast and don't get out every weekend.
2014-12-29
Use props
csauer52
lvl.1

United States

What about batteries with battery loader 1.5.0.0 & Firmware v. 2.0.0.0? Do they have the auto-discharge feature?

I must admit, your Wiki is extremely disorganized and it's V difficult to locate compatibility matrices. It would be helpful if you published an updated matrix that highlights the functionality available within each permutation of the Phantom series.

Another example - why don't you have the NAZA-M LED codes published on the Phantom 2 Vision+ wiki? Considering you can fly the + (as well as other P models) in NAZA-M mode, don't you think it would make sense to publish the LED codes on the P wiki?

Phantom Batteries.JPG
2014-12-29
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hi guys - irrespective of the auto-discharge of the new firmware I'd recommend a dedicated discharger that you can use to discharge a battery instantly instead of waiting for days. Common advice is to never leave a LiPo fully charged for more than 24 hours.

The phantom angel does exactly that (http://phantomangel.rocks)
2015-8-6
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

protocrash Posted at 2015-8-6 18:26
Hi guys - irrespective of the auto-discharge of the new firmware I'd recommend a dedicated discharge ...

You are obviously the seller of this.  But my understanding is that the battery is brought down under 50%.  The video you posted above, it seems to cut off too early...

Discharge is not too difficult, run it down in your phantom to at least under 50%.  A lot more fun that way too.  I know, sometimes you have to stop the flight before that...  

As to firmware update I bought my phantom 2 at end of December and it did not come with these new batteries that were supposedly available after October.  Why not?  I got a V2.0 and a v1.0.  Perhaps they put in the package what was in stock.  Needless to say neither of them will update to this firmware.  If there was newer available they should have been included.
2015-8-7
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hey ZippyZapp,

I am indeed Actually I'm not a "vendor" as such. Just a hobbyist who built this for myself first and then to share with anyone who finds it useful.

Opinion differs on the exact percentage needed. It ranges from 50-75% depending on where you look. My Hyperion charger (which is super high quality stuff) has its storage mode at 60%. I decided to go towards the higher end of the range (but still well within comfortable limits) as most pilots would like to be able to charge up and fly as soon as possible. The Angel discharges to around 60% I say "around" because the exact % depends on the age and condition of the battery. The older, more used and least maintain batteries will drop their voltage faster. In my testing the Angel plays in the 60-70% range.

Regarding using the Phantom itself to discharge - that is indeed an option. It does have two main issues though (for me at least): you're wearing your precious motors and ESCs (they all have a limited lifespan and the more you wear them the sooner one will fail). And it lets yourself open to forgetting to stop discharging to 60% - something that will totally destroy the battery (empty LiPo = dead LiPo).

Hope this helps!
2015-8-21
Use props
protocrash
lvl.2
Greece

Hi guys,

Since launching the Phantom Angel a couple of months ago I've had loads of discussions with Phantom pilots about their batteries.
What I saw was that the majority of new pilots were not aware of standard LiPo practices and were surprised and grateful when I shared some of what I've learnt over the years.

So, with that in mind, I've created a concise, newbie-friendly guide to all things LiPo. If you don't know how to store your battiers, how to keep them from exploding or how to tell your watts from your amps, this guide's for you

http://phantomangel.rocks/lipogu ... ntom-batteries.html

Hope you find it useful and please do send over any and all thoughts and comments.

Proto
2015-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules