Audio Gain Control
1399 12 2018-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_i78GhAEOoIbZ
lvl.1

United States

Hello, looking to change the audio gain on the Mobile 2.  I don't see it in the quick camera settings where it was in the original osmo mobile.  I also don't see it listed in the Mobile 2 manual.  Was that feature discontinued?  My microphone is distorting when I raise my voice even a little.  Thank you for the help.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there, the function of the audio gain depends on the mobile device that you used, thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
djiuser_i78GhAEOoIbZ
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply!  I am using an iphoneSE and the iRIG 2 mic system.
2018-3-21
Use props
BuHLScaT
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_i78GhAEOoIbZ Posted at 2018-3-21 06:44
Thanks for the reply!  I am using an iphoneSE and the iRIG 2 mic system.

I'm still not finding a way to bring the mic audio down.  I have tried using another app that can control the gain on my phone, but as soon as the DJI app accesses the camera it also accesses the microphone and cancels out my audio recording.  There has to be a way to make this work.  
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BuHLScaT Posted at 2018-3-21 13:03
I'm still not finding a way to bring the mic audio down.  I have tried using another app that can control the gain on my phone, but as soon as the DJI app accesses the camera it also accesses the microphone and cancels out my audio recording.  There has to be a way to make this work.

Did you try to turn down the audio directly through the audio button of your phone? Please quit the app and adjust the audio. If it fails, please tell me the version of you app.
2018-3-22
Use props
BuHLScaT
lvl.1

I  appreciate your help.   Turning down the volume on the phone outside the app is turning down the output (speakers or headphone volume).  Since my mic gain is still too high, anything I record within the DJI app is distorted.  So turning the phone audio down or up is only making the distorted audio quieter or louder.  Maybe some microphones are turned down or up with those buttons but with my mic it's just the output that is turned up or down with those buttons.  I've been looking into it on the phone end as well and am not finding a solution there either.   I am using version 3.1.30 of the DJI GO app.   Thanks for your patience
2018-3-22
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a gain control on the iRig 2 mic system that you can adjust?
2018-3-22
Use props
BuHLScaT
lvl.1

No, unfortunately it doesn't have a mic volume adjustment.  Unless DJI decides to update this in the future, I've come to the realization that if I want to use the MOBILE 2 tracking feature, I need to record my audio on another device.  
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BuHLScaT Posted at 2018-4-1 01:32
No, unfortunately it doesn't have a mic volume adjustment.  Unless DJI decides to update this in the future, I've come to the realization that if I want to use the MOBILE 2 tracking feature, I need to record my audio on another device.

Not sure, but I think I can set this in the Osmo Mobile 1.
2018-4-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

BuHLScaT Posted at 2018-4-1 01:32
No, unfortunately it doesn't have a mic volume adjustment.  Unless DJI decides to update this in the future, I've come to the realization that if I want to use the MOBILE 2 tracking feature, I need to record my audio on another device.

Recording the audio on another device or two is always my first choice.  I like the Zoom recorders.  The older Zoom H1 works great and is on sale now that the Zoom H1N is out.  You can use it's microphones or plug in a shotgun or Lav if you want.
2018-4-1
Use props
BuHLScaT
lvl.1

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-1 13:15
Not sure, but I think I can set this in the Osmo Mobile 1.

Yes it was a feature on the Mobile 1 that they did not carry over to the Mobile 2.  
2018-4-3
Use props
BuHLScaT
lvl.1

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-4-1 17:05
Recording the audio on another device or two is always my first choice.  I like the Zoom recorders.  The older Zoom H1 works great and is on sale now that the Zoom H1N is out.  You can use it's microphones or plug in a shotgun or Lav if you want.

Thanks Bob, I'll check that out.  It does free me up to move around a bit more as well, just more work in the editing studio.
2018-4-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BuHLScaT Posted at 2018-4-3 08:02
Yes it was a feature on the Mobile 1 that they did not carry over to the Mobile 2.

Maybe it will be implemented.
You never know.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules