Approved Android Phone not so good
1018 5 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncdude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

I am totally new to this arena. First Drone and not been outdoors yet. I have however flown indoors trying to cut my teeth on simple manoevres. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Android version 5 (Lollipop) It wont upgrade to a higher version of Android without hacking it.
Despite this phone being on DJI's approved list, i have found that it will be unuseable as a screen. it has lag of 3 secs + and terrible image pixelation / lost image altogether. All other apps are closed and it fails to improve.
After a lot of reading up on here i am almost at the point where it seems IOS is the way forward and my solution is to buy an Ipad Mini 2 WIFi only... Is this a realistic route?
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that it is not caused by the environment and I would recommend you enter the wifi-setting and fly in a place when most channels are green. Also, please do not wear bluetooth device. You can also clean the cache and run DJI GO 4 only for further check.
2018-3-21
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft

The latest version of DJI Go 4 is necessary only for the Mavic 2, you can try earlier versions if you are only flying the Spark. DJI Go 4 is a mammoth and in my opinion it should be split, an app for flying and one for the rest of the things it does.  
2018-10-4
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

The recommended list is old and DJI refuses to update it. Your realistic route should be an iPad Mini 4 WiFi for best results.
2018-10-4
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

Conclusion was to buy an ipad mini 2. Works perfectly!
2018-10-19
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duncdude Posted at 2018-10-19 03:59
Conclusion was to buy an ipad mini 2. Works perfectly!

Thanks for letting us know what your solution was. Very important and helpful when people post their final results/solutions when having troubles. We can all learn then!
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules