DJI OSMO MOBILE 2 (solid red light)
11601 30 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
retsum
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi Everyone,

I've purchased my new DJI OSMO Mobile 2 today which is sadly not working. I followed the on screen instructions, activated it, charged it, and it does nothing. I can connect to it via the DJI Go app and thats all. The buttons on the device are not working. The red light is solid, which i read about is a firmware update issue. When i connected the Osmo Mobile 2 the first time the DJI GO app didn't offer any firmware update. The current version is 1.5.0.70    APP: 02 3.1.30(2879)  The strange thing that in the main menu of the APP it says DJI OSMO Mobile connected instead of DJI OSMO Mobile 2 connected, but I'm sure its the 2.

Is there any way to start a manual firmware update or any ideas how can i get rid of this problem?
Thanks

2018-3-21
Use props
retsum
lvl.1

Hungary

I tried it with Iphone SE, Iphone 8 and an Honor mobile with android. Nothing happens. I'm going to send back the device I think.

2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please have the right process of operating it.
2018-3-22
Use props
retsum
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 01:00
Hi, please have the right process of operating it.

Yes, as I mentioned I tried 3 different mobiles. I've charged it fully, went through the process as described in the tutorial videos. Then I switched on the Osmo Mobile 2 and the red led stays solid. The phone can connect to it, but it doesn't work, the servo motors do nothing, the buttons do nothing (except the power on/off button which can only switch on and off the device)

Is there any way to manually update it? What should i do? It's really annoying that i bought this brand new product, and I have to spend hours and read this forum to figure out what is the problem with it.
2018-3-22
Use props
retsum
lvl.1

Hungary

I have ios screenshots too. Intersting, that the battery info stays blank.
29404587_10210702975320489_1736522720_o.png
83BFC6FE-9B69-419E-B9AF-97FD68916EFC.png
C6006084-1319-48E8-BBE0-9DCBD7314A8E.png
DE105F42-101F-4B40-AC8A-C9CF882303DB.png
010D3404-8EF6-46DD-B3F3-359A57D5827F.png
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

retsum Posted at 2018-3-22 01:40

I see. The situation is forwarded. Please wait patiently, thanks.
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

retsum Posted at 2018-3-22 01:40

Please enter DJI GO and choose Osmo mobile 2 to connect the bluetooth. Then update it again. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-3-22
Use props
retsum
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 19:43
Please enter DJI GO and choose Osmo mobile 2 to connect the bluetooth. Then update it again. Please keep us updated, thanks.

I've tried it, finally I got it replaced in the shop. The new one works perfectly! Thanks for the help.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

retsum Posted at 2018-3-23 00:44
I've tried it, finally I got it replaced in the shop. The new one works perfectly! Thanks for the help.

Glad to know the issue has been sorted out, we apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused, hope you have a great time with it.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_qEYp8oeAL3ig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2552 ft

Vietnam

We have problem with osmo mobile 2 - Blue for 1second and changed to RED color
Bluetooth can not recognize like video

Plz check for us: _youtu.be/WENpbwzpDQ0
2018-10-20
Use props
djiuser_qEYp8oeAL3ig
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-23 20:48
Glad to know the issue has been sorted out, we apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused, hope you have a great time with it.

Sir, we are from Viet Nam and dont have DJI Autherise so what solution for us now.We have samp problem and you can check at  _youtu.be/WENpbwzpDQ0 ( just new user so can not use url, plz remove "_" at link)

Thanks alot
2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_qEYp8oeAL3ig Posted at 2018-10-20 19:47
Sir, we are from Viet Nam and dont have DJI Autherise so what solution for us now.We have samp problem and you can check at  _youtu.be/WENpbwzpDQ0 ( just new user so can not use url, plz remove "_" at link)

Thanks alot

Hi there, welcome to the Forum, it seems you press once, then press again and keep pressing to turn on the Osmo Mobile 2, that is not right, please press and hold the power button for 1.5 seconds to power on.
Solid red means the firmware upgrade failed, did you ever update the firmware? Please mount the mobile phone and balance the gimbal firstly, then enter DJI Go APP to see if there is firmware upgrade notification.
Here is the tutorial video of how to use the Osmo Mobile properly:

2018-10-21
Use props
dtien_87
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-21 02:35
Hi there, welcome to the Forum, it seems you press once, then press again and keep pressing to turn on the Osmo Mobile 2, that is not right, please press and hold the power button for 1.5 seconds to power on.
Solid red means the firmware upgrade failed, did you ever update the firmware? Please mount the mobile phone and balance the gimbal firstly, then enter DJI Go APP to see if there is firmware upgrade notification.
Here is the tutorial video of how to use the Osmo Mobile properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY

Thanks sir,but problem about:

- We just push M button and they have 2s for green to connect bluetooth,after they come red light and can not connect bluetooth at app ( tried with few pcs, another mobile phone )
- Power on by M 1.5s will go red not green so can not go anything
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dtien_87 Posted at 2018-10-21 20:02
Thanks sir,but problem about:

- We just push M button and they have 2s for green to connect bluetooth,after they come red light and can not connect bluetooth at app ( tried with few pcs, another mobile phone )

Firstly, please attach the mobile phone to Osmo Mobile 2 and balance it properly.
Then, make sure the Bluetooth is connected even you power it on with the previous method.
Please go to the DJI Go APP homepage to see if there is the firmware update notification, if yes, please update to the latest version, thank you.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2018-10-23
Use props
dtien_87
lvl.1

Vietnam

It's fixed by use new one android phone and connect - Update DJI by this phone through 100% and now working again.

Thanks alot sir
2018-10-29
Use props
taimenmies1980
New
Finland

Hi, i have same proplem. Solid red light. Gimbal is connect, but gimpal not work. Every button is work, but not the gimpal balance motor. What can i do?
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dtien_87 Posted at 10-29 18:50
It's fixed by use new one android phone and connect - Update DJI by this phone through 100% and now working again.

Youtube Video by DJI Osmo 2

Sorry for the late response, glad to know the issue has been figured out, if you need any further assistance, please reply to one of my posts so that I can receive the notification and reply timely. Enjoy shooting.
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

taimenmies1980 Posted at 11-11 08:13
Hi, i have same proplem. Solid red light. Gimbal is connect, but gimpal not work. Every button is work, but not the gimpal balance motor. What can i do?

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue, solid red means the firmware upgrade failed, did you update the firmware? When you connect to the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile 2, is there the firmware update notification?
Was the gimbal balanced before you switched on? What mobile device are you using? Any chance to try another one?
2018-11-12
Use props
taimenmies1980
New
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-12 00:32
Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue, solid red means the firmware upgrade failed, did you update the firmware? When you connect to the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile 2, is there the firmware update notification?
Was the gimbal balanced before you switched on? What mobile device are you using? Any chance to try another one?

Does not the app tell you that software updates would be available? Can I download updates somewhere else?
2018-11-12
Use props
taimenmies1980
New
Finland

taimenmies1980 Posted at 11-12 01:38
Does not the app tell you that software updates would be available? Can I download updates somewhere else?

And we try this to my phone samsung s9 and my child sony phone. Both make same. Button work, but gimbal not.
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

taimenmies1980 Posted at 11-12 02:15
And we try this to my phone samsung s9 and my child sony phone. Both make same. Button work, but gimbal not.

The firmware of Osmo Mobile 2 can only be updated via DJI Go APP, if the firmware needs to be updated, the APP will pop-up the message when connecting to the network, we recommend to re-install the APP to see if there is the firmware upgrade notification.
Besides, please make sure the gimbal has been balanced properly before powering on, please refer to the tutorial video I posted in 12#, thank you.
2018-11-12
Use props
eogus
New
Turkey

I have same problem, red solid incator always on and the device not working. I tried several times for update firmware but DJI GO aplication doesnt show any update! Pls Help me URGENTLY!
2019-1-29
Use props
paisapro
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-12 20:32
The firmware of Osmo Mobile 2 can only be updated via DJI Go APP, if the firmware needs to be updated, the APP will pop-up the message when connecting to the network, we recommend to re-install the APP to see if there is the firmware upgrade notification.
Besides, please make sure the gimbal has been balanced properly before powering on, please refer to the tutorial video I posted in 12#, thank you.

hello, I have the same problem, the red light fixes the dji does not turn on and it does not give me possibility to update the fireware because it does not connect bluetooth. please help
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

paisapro Posted at 5-17 01:15
hello, I have the same problem, the red light fixes the dji does not turn on and it does not give me possibility to update the fireware because it does not connect bluetooth. please help

Hi paisapro, sorry for the troubles with Osmo Mobile 2, please make sure there is no other Bluetooth device around and delete all the Bluetooth in your Bluetooth Settings including Osmo Mobile 2. Then try again to see if you can search Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth and connect again.
2019-5-19
Use props
paisapro
lvl.1
Argentina

hola buenos días, mi DJI Osmo Mobile 2 lo mande al distribuidor en estados unidos para que me lo cambien porque no hay manera de hacerlo funcionar.
desde ya muchísimas gracias por tratar de hacerlo funcionar. Muchas Gracias
2019-5-31
Use props
fansd0186827
lvl.1

Armenia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-12 00:26
Sorry for the late response, glad to know the issue has been figured out, if you need any further assistance, please reply to one of my posts so that I can receive the notification and reply timely. Enjoy shooting.

Hello, I have the same problem with may Osmo mobile 2(solid red light), I tried it with another phone bay android and ios- nothing happens! And there isn no firmware update notification! And gimbal has balanced properly before powering on! I can’t reserve it beck because I buy it from another country!
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_MQOe0uGNyi4m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358117 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys
I need help please
My osmo Mobile 2 has a solid red light, it said that I'm connected but the gimbal is not working, the record bottom work also I can take pictures
I believe I need to update firmware but I do not have options to do so, when I click on update I have a message said "Bluetooth interfering"
2020-1-11
Use props
Rokkshell
New

Norway

Hello there!  I got the same problem. Light is red I can use the button, but the balancing doesn't work at all. I don't get any pop up for a firmware update. I've so far tried it with 5 different phones. Huawei Mate 10, Honor View 20, Sony xperia 5 compact, iPhone6 and iPhone7. I followed all the steps and balanced it. I can't unfortunately not get a refund, because I got this as a gift and they didn't have the receipt anymore. This is really annoying. I wish there was a way to manually update the firmware on this.
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_BnmauYzvSf3c
New

Indonesia

Hello All,
I'm Vincent, from Indonesia.
I have a DJI osmo mobile 2 and I was using it for the past 2 years.
Yesterday, it doesn't work anymore. Once I pressed power botton for 1.5s the light indicator blinking is green and after 1s become red (not blinking anymore) and the gimbal doesn't work at all. I read so many article, watch so many youtube videos, but I did not find a solution. I decided to wrote here to ask help and I would be very appreciated if anyone could assist me.
Fyi, the firmware notification in my app is nothing at all. Is that mean am I using the updated firmware or what.
Please help. Thank you in advance.
Best regards.
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BnmauYzvSf3c
New

Indonesia

Hello All,
I'm Vincent, from Indonesia.
I have a DJI osmo mobile 2 and I was using it for the past 2 years.
Yesterday, it didn't work anymore. Once I pressed the power botton for 1.5s the light indicator blinking is green and after 1s become red (not blinking anymore) and the gimbal doesn't work at all. I read so many article, watch so many youtube videos, but I did not find a solution. I decided to write here to ask help and I would be very appreciated if anyone could assist me.
Fyi, the firmware notification in my app is nothing at all. Does that mean am I using the updated firmware ?
I tried to connect the DJI osmo mobile 2 to another cellphone and just the same. No update firmware notification, and not working either.
Kindly assist. Thank you in advance.
Best regards
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_Ix2wX8xYoWR0
New

Spain

this gimbal had a update firmware that broke many Osmo 2 but you cannot fix it because the device can't start his system, can't notify version of firmware to DJI Go app cans suggest a update, can't notify status of battery , simply is broken. that happen many times with DJI in all their devices. Guys don't try fix it anymore, for you next DJI device

DON`T UPDATE WITHOUT VERIFY WHAT SAY OTHER USERS ABOUT THIS UPDATE, ALWAYS WITH ANY DJI DEVICE
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules