20884 107 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-3 17:07
So it seems that if you want to fly other drones with the goggles you need the racing goggles that will allow you to fly DJI and others.  Makes sense as I also did not know the difference.  Hmm B-day coming up

Do you fly FPV quads in addition to your DJI Mavic Pro?
2018-4-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-3 18:30
Do you fly FPV quads in addition to your DJI Mavic Pro?

I do have a Bugs B2W that I fly sometimes as well but is more the Wife's quad.  Ah ha I see now, I could convince her that she can also use the DJI Racing goggles for her quad if we got that one.  LOL.  You are slick.
2018-4-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-3 18:45
I do have a Bugs B2W that I fly sometimes as well but is more the Wife's quad.  Ah ha I see now, I could convince her that she can also use the DJI Racing goggles for her quad if we got that one.  LOL.  You are slick.

Thank you.
2018-4-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-3 17:07
So it seems that if you want to fly other drones with the goggles you need the racing goggles that will allow you to fly DJI and others.  Makes sense as I also did not know the difference.  Hmm B-day coming up

They also have HDMI.
2018-4-3
Use props
truthseekers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3684 ft
United Kingdom

DJI skimped out in not supplying lightbridge compatability in the goggles now the newer RE goggles... Also having to connect wires to the goggles can be a pain. However when they are connected and working well the image is impressive - the best way to fly. Such a large image and so clear. If your unsure go and get a pair and try them on first - you may need to take your reading glasses with you to wear otherwise could be fuzzy for you. Once in focus they rock.
2018-5-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

truthseekers Posted at 2018-5-15 06:34
DJI skimped out in not supplying lightbridge compatability in the goggles now the newer RE goggles... Also having to connect wires to the goggles can be a pain. However when they are connected and working well the image is impressive - the best way to fly. Such a large image and so clear. If your unsure go and get a pair and try them on first - you may need to take your reading glasses with you to wear otherwise could be fuzzy for you. Once in focus they rock.

I ended up actually buying a pair of the Fat Shark Dominator V3 that I use now to fly tiny whoop and Blade Inductrix drones indoors now that it is too hot to fly outdoors here.

I really decided to buy the Fat Shark's over the DJI Goggles at this point because the Fat Shark goggles are more comfortable and less inundating than the DJI Googles.

You can fly the Phantom 4 with the Fat Shark goggles, not the Mavic Pro yet, which I hope they will come out with an adapter to make the Mavic Pro compatible.
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-15 19:19
I ended up actually buying a pair of the Fat Shark Dominator V3 that I use now to fly tiny whoop and Blade Inductrix drones indoors now that it is too hot to fly outdoors here.

I really decided to buy the Fat Shark's over the DJI Goggles at this point because the Fat Shark goggles are more comfortable and less inundating than the DJI Googles.

Am sure you can if you use Litchi.  Can pretty much use any goggles using Litchi on DJI drones.  Actually I guess not I figured it would have a USB port to say connect to your RC the same way your smart phone does.  That sucks.
2018-5-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 13:40
Am sure you can if you use Litchi.  Can pretty much use any goggles using Litchi on DJI drones.  Actually I guess not I figured it would have a USB port to say connect to your RC the same way your smart phone does.  That sucks.

There are adapters that have HDMI to Micro USB to USB-A that theoretically can extend to two screens at once?

There's a Micro HDMI port on the Fat Shark goggles and it could be possible to pick up the DJI GO 4 App from the phone connecting to the Goggles, but I haven't tried it yet?

Hmm? Has anybody tried or had success in getting Litchi or DJI GO 4 to run the Mavic Pro on Fat Shark Goggles? Let me know - thanks!
2018-5-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-31 14:23
There are adapters that have HDMI to Micro USB to USB-A that theoretically can extend to two screens at once?

There's a Micro HDMI port on the Fat Shark goggles and it could be possible to pick up the DJI GO 4 App from the phone connecting to the Goggles, but I haven't tried it yet?

The Fatshark V3's are specific to race band(s) transmitted to the VTX receiver via the glasses Antenna or Antenna(s) if you are using the diversity module, only 8 frequencies available of which none of them match DJI's Video TX Band. This is one of the main reasons I got the 5'5" Crystal Sky as it has the HDMI output. My V3's are the older model and only displays 720p are you trying to use the V3/3D's they display 1080p?
2018-5-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-31 15:12
The Fatshark V3's are specific to race band(s) transmitted to the VTX receiver via the glasses Antenna or Antenna(s) if you are using the diversity module, only 8 frequencies available of which none of them match DJI's Video TX Band. This is one of the main reasons I got the 5'5" Crystal Sky as it has the HDMI output. My V3's are the older model and only displays 720p are you trying to use the V3/3D's they display 1080p?

Yes - I recently purchased my Fatshark V3's with the new updated included fan. I'm finding the image is not too pixelated and yes my version does 3D/HDMI, although I have not tested this feature as of yet. Had no idea they display 1080p, I thought the only difference was fan and they displayed up to 720p like the V2.

As I understand it, the Crystal Sky receives the Mavic Pro micro USB feed that internally converts the signal output to an internal HDMI port you can connect on the Fatshark goggles? Do you think this adapter would split the feed on both the remote controller, smartphone, and the Fatshark's?
https://www.amazon.com/Candle201 ... +usb+to+hdmi+to+usb
2018-5-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-31 19:30
Yes - I recently purchased my Fatshark V3's with the new updated included fan. I'm finding the image is not too pixelated and yes my version does 3D/HDMI, although I have not tested this feature as of yet. Had no idea they display 1080p, I thought the only difference was fan and they displayed up to 720p like the V2.

As I understand it, the Crystal Sky receives the Mavic Pro micro USB feed that internally converts the signal output to an internal HDMI port you can connect on the Fatshark goggles? Do you think this adapter would split the feed on both the remote controller, smartphone, and the Fatshark's?

Yes it does, you still have the screen on the CS for control while the HDMI mirrors it to the Fatshark via HDMI out. I use a standard HDMI>HDMI mini cable.
2018-6-1
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was interested in them also until I found out that you cannot pilot, take good photos or videos with them on. They are more for entertaining a guest than for the PIC.

Check this thread... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151973
2018-6-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-6-27 02:39
I was interested in them also until I found out that you cannot pilot, take good photos or videos with them on. They are more for entertaining a guest than for the PIC.

I did not know that, hmmmm. Thanks!
2018-6-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-6-27 02:39
I was interested in them also until I found out that you cannot pilot, take good photos or videos with them on. They are more for entertaining a guest than for the PIC.

2018-6-27
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-27 06:58

I have actually started looking at the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses.
A bit more money but more ideal for the PIC/operator as you can see through them as well as the POV at the same time.
2018-6-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-6-28 03:05
I have actually started looking at the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV Smart Glasses.
A bit more money but more ideal for the PIC/operator as you can see through them as well as the POV at the same time.

I think the DJI Goggles probably will come down in price again, likely to $299 since the Racing Edition DJI Goggles has been selling for the same $549 list price since it was released and should come down in price as well.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-28 06:01
I think the DJI Goggles probably will come down in price again, likely to $299 since the Racing Edition DJI Goggles has been selling for the same $549 list price since it was released and should come down in price as well.

I know but the price does not change the usefulness for the PIC. If DJI were to add an external camera that allowed you to see your surroundings also they may be more useful.

DJI Goggles II ? Maybe reduce the size and add some on-board recording functions.
2018-7-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-2 02:42
I know but the price does not change the usefulness for the PIC. If DJI were to add an external camera that allowed you to see your surroundings also they may be more useful.

DJI Goggles II ? Maybe reduce the size and add some on-board recording functions.

I would be a buyer then.
2018-7-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Goggles II ? Maybe reduce the size and add some on-board recording functions.

I would be a buyer then.
2018-7-2
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

would be exciting to see Goggles II soon....especially if its size can be reduced while maintaining the comfort
2018-7-19
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.2
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-31 12:14
Why not? Might as well, you do own a Mavic Pro?..

Did you alreay bought a Goggles?

Thinking of buying it :-)

Another question, Can I use the goggles only with my Mavic Pro?
2018-8-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

gertjan_bos Posted at 2018-8-16 22:59
Did you alreay bought a Goggles?

Thinking of buying it :-)

You can use the DJI Goggles wireless with the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 because they have OcuSync, whereas you can use them with the Spark, Mavic Air and Phantom 4 using a USB cable.
2018-8-17
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.2
Netherlands

And what about the racing version. Is it worth the extra $300 bucks?
2018-8-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

gertjan_bos Posted at 2018-8-18 02:47
And what about the racing version. Is it worth the extra $300 bucks?

Honestly, the FatShark Dominator V3's are $300 and they seem like more conventional goggles, especially when I fly my Blade Inductrix FPV indoors relaxing on my bed. The DJI Racing Goggles seem like a bit more of a complicated device to wear relaxing on your bed flying?
2018-8-18
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

I recently got a pair and love them.  Don't think DJI did a good enough sell on these just how cool they are.  I can definitely  see how people with easy vertigo tendencies will not like them!  What's there not to like about being able to fly around and control the camera with your head!!!!!  Non flyers LOVE that!!  I fly, they look!!
2018-8-18
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

Definitely Worth Buying
2018-12-8
Use props
djiuser_jtJPSYM93AUL
New

United States

I have a dji mini 3 pro that I've been flying with the RC controller (with a built in screen) since last December and I LOVE IT!!! When I found out that I could use the goggles with the mini 3 pro, I was so excited!!! I ordered my pair last week and supposed to get them tomorrow. Based on what I've read and watched on YouTube, it's definitely worth it and it's almost like you are actually in the drone and flying it up in the air! Can't get any more realistic than that!! Just imagine flying the drone in a new place that you want to explore!!! THAT'S SO AMAZING!!!! I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT!!!!
2023-6-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_jtJPSYM93AUL Posted at 2023-6-12 06:08
I have a dji mini 3 pro that I've been flying with the RC controller (with a built in screen) since last December and I LOVE IT!!! When I found out that I could use the goggles with the mini 3 pro, I was so excited!!! I ordered my pair last week and supposed to get them tomorrow. Based on what I've read and watched on YouTube, it's definitely worth it and it's almost like you are actually in the drone and flying it up in the air! Can't get any more realistic than that!! Just imagine flying the drone in a new place that you want to explore!!! THAT'S SO AMAZING!!!! I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT!!!!

Thanks for your input.
1-13 16:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules