Mavic Air - Motor Overloaded in Sport Mode
1452 6 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maclover009
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328386 ft
United States

Hi all, I was flying the Mavic Air today in Sport mode and recieved the following error message 3 times during flight. Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety.

I was going around 20mph at the time and didn't notice any actual issues related to flight. I understand I was pushing the Air however usually when I'm going fast in Sport I see the main banner in the app change from "In Flight" with a green background to "Max Motor Speed Reached" with a yellow background. Obviously either way I back off immedietely but I was curious what caused it to show the alarm today versus the warning I've seen in the past.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/E5FHBZN29H97AO7TVEWL/

Thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
maclover009
lvl.2
United States

I should also mention I just did the firmware update that came out today and didn't see it in the subsequent flight after the update.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there, so sorry for that case happened. May I know that did your drone crash before? Please update the latest firmware for your drone: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline, then check whether it be fixed or not. Thanks!
2018-3-21
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has shown up on my flights too; I think you just take the message at face value; Sports Mode increases the motors' speeds and if you're flying into a stiff breeze for some time, they can warn you to back off a little.  
The AIR seems to have plenty of extra checks in place to help protect itself, like a warning of cold battery, prevention of flight with very cold battery, attitude too large and auto-disabling of obstacle avoidance sensors to allow a steeper pitch...

Cheers
Ian in London
2018-3-21
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Mavic air is 11000 RPM nearly twice the rotor-speed of the Pro, was it a warm day?
2018-3-22
Use props
maclover009
lvl.2
United States

@djidiana no crash ever, not even anything small.

@skymax it was about 40 degrees F outside. Definitely a little on the cool side.
2018-3-22
Use props
maclover009
lvl.2
United States

@wellsi thanks!!
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules