Remote Stop Start not working
4818 18 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have an M600 with the Ronin MX and my RSS has stopped working after the last M600 update last year. Has anyone had the same problem and found a fix?

I used to use a Canon 5D mk2 which worked with the RSS, but now nothing. I've tried a Canon 5D mk4 as well, but still no joy. I'm having the same problem with both of my M600 and Ronin MX combos.

I'm not worried about controlling video, I have other cameras for that, I only used this for triggering stills.

Cheers.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, what's the RSS version when you connected with DJI Assistant 2? Please try to disconnect the M600 and Ronin-MX to update again, then connect to see whether it works.
2018-3-22
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 01:56
Hey there, what's the RSS version when you connected with DJI Assistant 2? Please try to disconnect the M600 and Ronin-MX to update again, then connect to see whether it works.

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply.

How can I connect the Remote Stop Start to Assistant 2 without the M600 or Ronin MX, as there is no USB port on the device, I only have a 'CAMERA' port, a 'CAN/PWR' port and the 'KEY' port. There is no cable to connect a computer to any of these ports or am I missing something?
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-3-22 02:27
Hi Susan, thanks for your reply.

How can I connect the Remote Stop Start to Assistant 2 without the M600 or Ronin MX, as there is no USB port on the device, I only have a 'CAMERA' port, a 'CAN/PWR' port and the 'KEY' port. There is no cable to connect a computer to any of these ports or am I missing something?

The connection I mentioned here is mounted RSS on the Ronin MX, then connect with the DJI Assistant of Ronin. You can check the version in upgrade page. For the disconnection, please refer the below picture and un-plug the CAN 1 of M600 and CAN 2 of Ronin MX.
Screenshot.png
2018-3-23
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-23 03:01
The connection I mentioned here is mounted RSS on the Ronin MX, then connect with the DJI Assistant of Ronin. You can check the version in upgrade page. For the disconnection, please refer the below picture and un-plug the CAN 1 of M600 and CAN 2 of Ronin MX.

Thanks Susan, but still no joy.

I finally found some time tonight to try your suggestion and it would appear that the RSS firmware is the problem, but it won't let me update (see below). Any suggestions?

All other items are on the latest version, but the RSS states version 0.0 and doesn't change no matter how long it's left for it would see. When I try to update, it just fails time and time again.

The firmware versions.

The firmware fails to update.

2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-4-19 14:07
Thanks Susan, but still no joy.

I finally found some time tonight to try your suggestion and it would appear that the RSS firmware is the problem, but it won't let me update (see below). Any suggestions?

Just to verify, you have disconnected the M600 and Ronin MX, and upgrade separately, right? What's the OS of your PC? Is there any chance change to another PC to verify?
2018-4-20
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-20 01:35
Just to verify, you have disconnected the M600 and Ronin MX, and upgrade separately, right? What's the OS of your PC? Is there any chance change to another PC to verify?

I have the Ronin MX plugged in to the Gimbal App on its own, no M600. So just the Ronin MX, and the RSS.M  My computer is a Mac with the latest OS, I also tried downloading the latest version of the Gimbal App too.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-4-20 14:11
I have the Ronin MX plugged in to the Gimbal App on its own, no M600. So just the Ronin MX, and the RSS.M  My computer is a Mac with the latest OS, I also tried downloading the latest version of the Gimbal App too.

Well noted, we've met several individual cases that upgrade failed on IOS but succeeded by switching to Windows. Would you mind changing to Windows and having another try? See whether your friends can help. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in. Sorry about this.
2018-4-23
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 04:11
Well noted, we've met several individual cases that upgrade failed on IOS but succeeded by switching to Windows. Would you mind changing to Windows and having another try? See whether your friends can help. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in. Sorry about this.

I downloaded the Assistant software and tried on a PC yesterday and although it still took a few attempts to work, the firmware has now installed on the RSS and it is working again, so I can now control my camera remotely via the LB2.

Thank you very much for your patience and help.
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Altitude Photos Posted at 2018-4-27 01:18
I downloaded the Assistant software and tried on a PC yesterday and although it still took a few attempts to work, the firmware has now installed on the RSS and it is working again, so I can now control my camera remotely via the LB2.

That's great to hear it works now. Thanks for keeping us updated.
2018-5-4
Use props
dsenechal
lvl.2
United States

I downloaded the Assistant software and tried on a PC yesterday and although it still took a few attempts to work, the firmware has now installed on the RSS and it is working again, so I can now control my camera remotely via the LB2.

Susan, How do you and your peers decide which posts you're going to respond to? I've been trying desparately for weeks to get someone to help out with a problem I've been having with my M600 Pro and Z15 gimbal. No answers. Can you or someone help?
2018-5-12
Use props
dxtrty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,
I suppose you use the 'Ronin-MX RSS Control Cable for Canon'  can you see the IR led working?
normally you can check this with an android phone  through the cam viewerscreen, you'll see it flicker as you push a button.
Mine doesn't work, i'll try the Susan directions again
i would like to use it for a Canon eos 100D.
2018-5-20
Use props
Altitude Photos
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dxtrty Posted at 2018-5-20 13:04
Hi,
I suppose you use the 'Ronin-MX RSS Control Cable for Canon'  can you see the IR led working?
normally you can check this with an android phone  through the cam viewerscreen, you'll see it flicker as you push a button.

I can’t see the infra red light with the naked eye, but I have found that updating the firmware has solved my issue.

Having now also been out and worked practically with this, the position of the cable to the cameras sensor is also quite important, it pays to not be too close.

The main issue now is the delay in the system when shooting remote stills that is a challenge to work with.
2018-5-20
Use props
Skylark Aerial Imaging
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 01:56

Hi Susan,
I have a similar problem with the RSS on my M600/Ronin MX. It was all working fine, now I can't get the RSS to work- I've tried it with both the GH5 and 5D Mark IV cameras (both of which used to work). All M600 firmware and Ronin MX firmware is up to date on Assistant 2/Gimbal App.
In the Gimbal app on latest Mac OS, the Remote Start Stop does not appear. I've tried changing the RSS power cable as I thought it might be damaged, but that hasn't helped the problem. Do you have any further suggestions?
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skylark Aerial Imaging Posted at 1-11 03:12
Hi Susan,
I have a similar problem with the RSS on my M600/Ronin MX. It was all working fine, now I can't get the RSS to work- I've tried it with both the GH5 and 5D Mark IV cameras (both of which used to work). All M600 firmware and Ronin MX firmware is up to date on Assistant 2/Gimbal App.
In the Gimbal app on latest Mac OS, the Remote Start Stop does not appear. I've tried changing the RSS power cable as I thought it might be damaged, but that hasn't helped the problem. Do you have any further suggestions?

Sorry for the late response. Double checked, do you upgrade the M600 and Ronin MX together? If yes, you may upgrade them separately and see whether it helps. Alternatively, you may change to another Windows PC to verify.
2019-1-13
Use props
Skylark Aerial Imaging
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-13 00:00
Sorry for the late response. Double checked, do you upgrade the M600 and Ronin MX together? If yes, you may upgrade them separately and see whether it helps. Alternatively, you may change to another Windows PC to verify.

I don’t have the option to upgrade together, as the Ronin does not appear on DJI Assistant 2. I have updated it separately onDJI Gimbal, but the RSS still does not appear. I’ll try with a PC when i get the chance but I guess if that doesn’t work it may be that the RSS unit has failed?
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Skylark Aerial Imaging Posted at 1-14 01:41
I don’t have the option to upgrade together, as the Ronin does not appear on DJI Assistant 2. I have updated it separately onDJI Gimbal, but the RSS still does not appear. I’ll try with a PC when i get the chance but I guess if that doesn’t work it may be that the RSS unit has failed?

You may change to another Windows PC to verify. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending it in for diagnosis, sorry about this.
2019-1-16
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Updating a brand new RSS unit solved our issue with RED camera. Thanks for the info!
2020-3-18
Use props
chriscrumley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103156 ft
  • >>>
United States

This RSS problem still exists after at least two years! My M600/Ronin-MX/RSS/Sony a7r2 and 4 has been unavailable for client work since September 1, 2019, 8 months and 13 days (as of today 5/13/20). I've experienced most of what has been described in the 20 messages above. I've replaced the RSS 3 times, RSS power cable 3 times, IR emitter twice and the whole Ronin-MX has been to DJI Serivce US and came back still unable to start stop video or trigger a still image. I've tried updating with five different computers: one PC Windows and four Macs with varied macOS (High Sierra, Mojave and  Catalina). I tried to find a working version of the iOS updater and seems it has been discontinued. My third RSS is on its way to DJI US Service now with a request for them to update the RSS firmware to the current version (v1.5 from July 2017) and send back to me and maybe it will work. It is inexcusable for a US$10,000+ system to be supported at this level. And, if DJI is going sell expensive systems that can only be maintained with a Windows PC, they need to include one in the box. If I didn't have backup equipment, I'd be out of business. Net Net of all this is, I think, the Assistant App > Update Tab is the point of failure; it seems to trash whatever firmware is in the RSS and is not capable to updating the RSS to a workable version. The moral of the story may be, if you have an RSS that is working, don't dare open the Update Tab in the Assistant App. Something changed in that App in the 4th Quarter of 2019 and DJI refuses to fix it.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules