BEST SETTINGS FOR SUNNY DAYS PICTURES
6827 6 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

WHAT SETTINGS YOU HAVE ON YOUR INSPIRE CAMARE FOR SHOOTING IN SUNNYS DAY AND DONT GET OVEREXPOSE PHOTOS??

2015-5-6
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Set camera to manual exposure.  Install ND filter on camera.  Reduce camera ISO to 100.  Increase shutter speed as necessary for proper exposure (display histogram and adjust to move the bulk of the histogram to the left of the 50% point).

Better solution: purchase darker ND filters so you don't have to make the shutter speed so fast.  Renaat is selling them from China and purchasers are giving his filters great reviews.  DJI will eventually come out with darker ND filters as well, I'm sure - but the Renaat filters are getting excellent reviews.

Read about these ND filters in this thread on the forum (click here).

2015-5-6
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 01:24
Set camera to manual exposure.  Install ND filter on camera.  Reduce camera ISO to 100.  Increase sh ...

Thanks! I'll be trying today! and be looking ffor the filters!
2015-5-6
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-7 01:24
Set camera to manual exposure.  Install ND filter on camera.  Reduce camera ISO to 100.  Increase sh ...

When you manually set shutter speed, do you continuously monitor your exposure and adjust it as necessary? Are you flying in single or dual operator mode?

I only fly single and it's hard enough framing the shot without crashing. I can't imagine keeping an eye on my exposure and continuously adjusting it on top of everything else. When I'm flying around structures it's really hard to get the shot without crashing. Maybe I'm just a crappy pilot
2015-5-7
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

roy@netraction. Posted at 2015-5-8 10:52
When you manually set shutter speed, do you continuously monitor your exposure and adjust it as ne ...

We may fly in single or dual operator mode depending upon the project.  For most of the projects we do, the aerial is a small component of the overall project - we don't do lots of extended aerials, so there is rarely a need to continuously monitor exposure.  There would be either for an extended shot or when there is a mix of sun and clouds - but that's when we would definitely switch to dual mode.  Can you run in auto-exposure mode?  Sure.  But then you're going to see those shifts - there's nothing subtle about them.
2015-5-7
Use props
djiuser_aLKXnfp7JAoY
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

What ND filter is the best for sunny day
2023-6-19
Use props
iventilationcom
lvl.1

Uzbekistan

Lower your ISO: The ISO controls the camera's sensitivity to light. Lower numbers will reduce the light the camera sensor picks up. Try to set the ISO as low as possible, typically at 100 or 200.  Adjust your aperture: If your camera allows manual control of the aperture (f-stop), adjust it to a higher number, which means a smaller aperture and less light getting in. For example, you might choose f/11 or f/16 on a bright day.  Shutter speed: Increase your shutter speed to allow the camera sensor to be exposed to light for a shorter period of time, thus reducing the chances of overexposure.  Use ND filters: Neutral Density (ND) filters act like sunglasses for your camera, reducing the amount of light that enters the lens. They're extremely helpful for managing exposure on bright sunny days.  Check your exposure with Histogram: The histogram is a graphical representation of the tonal values in your image. Make sure the graph isn't skewed to the right (which indicates highlights are blown out/overexposed).  Use manual mode: If your camera has this option, using manual mode can allow you to have complete control over all of these settings.  Shoot in RAW: If your camera has the ability to shoot in RAW, do so. RAW files retain more information than JPEGs, which gives you more flexibility when it comes to adjusting exposure in post-production.
2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules