Red Light RC, Green Light Phantom
3404 14 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dezy
lvl.2
United States

I am a little confused. The Status Indicator of the RC is solid red, however the Link Button on the Phantom is solid green. And I get slow blinking green LEDs, indicating safe P Mode. In the Go App, it says “weak signal” and there is no video received, but I can start the motors.
Why the solid red on the RC (with a green Link Button) and no video image in the Go App? Anybody have any clues?
2018-3-21
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Try to relink the rc and ac by holding the led on the leg on ac.push it with a pencil and hold it for 5 sek while the rc and ac are on.if it relnk is ok the rc light will be solid green.and make sure your rc is fully charged
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with Rene. Please make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version and link RC again to see whether the issue remains.
2018-3-21
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

Thank you for the replies, but I think this one is toast. It was in a crash, and while I did replace the broken gimbal, I'm afraid there is more damage, with a broken compass connector on the mother board, and a broken link button of all things! And I'm not sure that is all of the damage. So, I think I'm off to find another used one!
Thanks, again.
2018-3-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Save the other for spare parts.
2018-3-22
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

I'm afraid that it'll be the start of an ever-growing drone cemetery in the garage...
2018-3-23
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

First what version is the FW on your system and what app version on your mobile?
2nd,what is the start up sequence you made?
3rd could you fire up the motors?
2018-3-24
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

1. V01.09.0200 and 3.1.28
2. RC, Quad, wifi, app
3. Yes, I can start the motors.
2018-3-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

If you can start the motors then the compass is connected properly. If you have a compass error then the system prohibits you to start the motors. I think your Phantoms WIFI is too weak to send the status of your AC and the cam pic over RC to the phone/tab.  Have a look more to the WIFI module. If i remember right it´s located in the Gimbal main board.
2018-3-24
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-24 12:29
If you can start the motors then the compass is connected properly. If you have a compass error then the system prohibits you to start the motors. I think your Phantoms WIFI is too weak to send the status of your AC and the cam pic over RC to the phone/tab.  Have a look more to the WIFI module. If i remember right it´s located in the Gimbal main board.

Would that explain the red LED on the RC,
and a green light on the AC?
2018-3-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Dezy Posted at 2018-3-23 13:06
I'm afraid that it'll be the start of an ever-growing drone cemetery in the garage...

LOL Dezy,  I hear taps from time to time coming from a closet myself.
2018-3-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Dezy Posted at 2018-3-24 12:56
Would that explain the red LED on the RC,
and a green light on the AC?

Yes it can. If all connections are ok from the RC to AC then you´ll get a solid green light on the RC.
The link button on AC shows the status of the remote connection but not the WIFI status.
2018-3-24
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-24 23:57
Yes it can. If all connections are ok from the RC to AC then you´ll get a solid green light on the RC.
The link button on AC shows the status of the remote connection but not the WIFI status.

Thank you - I'll check the wifi out and post results.
2018-3-25
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Based on my past experience replacing the gimble and camera assembly, the rc will need to be relinked . However, if the link button on the circuit board is missing, it need ot be replaced. Not easy, as its really tiny and the solder points are microscopic nearly. I actually used a bit of jb weld, and glued the link button on the circuit bard at the solder points. Worked well enough to get the rc and ac linked.
2018-3-25
Use props
Dezy
lvl.2

stuka75 Posted at 2018-3-25 18:06
Based on my past experience replacing the gimble and camera assembly, the rc will need to be relinked . However, if the link button on the circuit board is missing, it need ot be replaced. Not easy, as its really tiny and the solder points are microscopic nearly. I actually used a bit of jb weld, and glued the link button on the circuit bard at the solder points. Worked well enough to get the rc and ac linked.

Thank you for the tip!
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules