Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released (21/03/2018) Strongly Recommended
1234Next >
36915 158 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2018.03.21
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.2.8
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.2.8

What’s New?

• Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward.
  • Added support for operating at 5.8 GHz in Thailand.
  • Fixed an issue where the gimbal would drift when the aircraft’s heading changes.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would shake when using ActiveTrack.
  • Added message if failure to take panoramas or an Asteroid QuickShot occurs (requires DJI GO 4 v4.2.8 and higher).
  • Fixed an issue where the remote controller was unable to link with the aircraft when operating in some regions.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to take a panorama in Sport mode or when APAS is enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally.
  • Fixed an issue of video lag when the aircraft’s heading changes.
  • Fixed an issue of ghosting in photos.
  • Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to decelerate automatically when landing.

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • This firmware update resets the camera settings.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2018-3-21
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

Thank you!

Now where is my Shallow Focus?

2018-3-21
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

And Dynamic Home Point?

Not to sound petulant, I'm glad you guys are fixing bugs and whatnot, so again:

Thank you!
2018-3-21
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

ChaosKnign Posted at 2018-3-21 19:16
And Dynamic Home Point?

Not to sound petulant, I'm glad you guys are fixing bugs and whatnot, so again:

I thought there was an option to have it land where your controller was instead of the takeoff point?
2018-3-21
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183704 ft
Sweden

Hello DJI Support team.

Thank you for the release notes. Quick question tho, why isnt this showing up when you press "Mavic Air" only threads on this forum? It should definitly show up there in my opinion.
2018-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the update
2018-3-21
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

Where is the gimbal toggle option? Asteroid and boomerang options?
2018-3-21
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

LoMackz Posted at 2018-3-21 22:21
Hello DJI Support team.

Thank you for the release notes. Quick question tho, why isnt this showing up when you press "Mavic Air" only threads on this forum? It should definitly show up there in my opinion.

Its because its tagged as an "Announcement" rather than "Mavic Air". The Mavic Air tag is pretty useless TBH because so many threads are tagged as something else.
2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_SQulrxH39Tjy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442283 ft
United Kingdom

Where is DJI GO version 4.2.8 for Android? Play store still shows 4.2.6 ... Thanks!
2018-3-22
Use props
AM0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 415554 ft
Estonia

iOs updated fine, but still can't see Android app update in Play store.
2018-3-22
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just tried to update the MA using Go4 App, AC firmware indicates "Latest"  01.00.0200 not showing it needs an update ?  Also selected "Check for Updates" in the app with the same results. Anyone else with this? Using Crystal Sky, betcha this is the reason, DJI have you provided the update for us CS users ?? Hope we don't have to wait another month or 2 the get the latest !
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-22 03:04
Just tried to update the MA using Go4 App, AC firmware indicates "Latest"  01.00.0200 not showing it needs an update ?  Also selected "Check for Updates" in the app with the same results. Anyone else with this? Using Crystal Sky, betcha this is the reason, DJI have you provided the update for us CS users ?? Hope we don't have to wait another month or 2 the get the latest !

Does a Crystal Sky even have the ability to connect to internet?
2018-3-22
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-22 03:29
Does a Crystal Sky even have the ability to connect to internet?

Yes Absolutely, It works just like an android phone but supposedly "Optimized" with a Andriod platform dedicated to DJI products and will allow for up to 20 3rd Party apps to be d.loaded onto it. Just seems DJI doesn't provide updates in a timely fashion for us CS users. Buy a dedicated DJI Monitor and be the last to enjoy any features or updates! Ticks me off!!!
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-22 03:35
Yes Absolutely, It works just like an android phone but supposedly "Optimized" with a Andriod platform dedicated to DJI products and will allow for up to 20 3rd Party apps to be d.loaded onto it. Just seems DJI doesn't provide updates in a timely fashion for us CS users. Buy a dedicated DJI Monitor and be the last to enjoy any features or updates! Ticks me off!!!

2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_80QhmguVKauA
New

Netherlands

2.4.8 increase the gain of the sensors very much. Gets almost impossible use the Mavic Air in small locations if sensors are enabled.
Before 2.4.8 it was possible engage active tracking like spotlight and use it indoors, now impossible.
Now I have to bring home the drone flying sidelines, or manually turn off the sensors before landing, otherwise the sensor stops the drone no matter the speed. The increased sensor sensibility increase the power consummation shorting the fly time considerably.
Very unwanted "update". I would pay lots of money to be able downgrade! So sad....
2018-3-22
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Still no Google Play Store update. Anyone got the 4.2.8 APK for Android?
2018-3-22
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_80QhmguVKauA Posted at 2018-3-22 03:45
2.4.8 increase the gain of the sensors very much. Gets almost impossible use the Mavic Air in small locations if sensors are enabled.
Before 2.4.8 it was possible engage active tracking like spotlight and use it indoors, now impossible.
Now I have to bring home the drone flying sidelines, or manually turn off the sensors before landing, otherwise the sensor stops the drone no matter the speed. The increased sensor sensibility increase the power consummation shorting the fly time considerably.

JEEEEZ, already, maybe a good thing my CS didn't pick up on the update, thanks for your review !!
2018-3-22
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Someone was looking for dynamic RTH feature...  The option is either to return to where it took off, or return to where you and the controller are.

2018-3-22
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

is this update one way ony? so no downgrade in djiassistant is possible?
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

RichInGa Posted at 2018-3-22 04:23
Someone was looking for dynamic RTH feature...  The option is either to return to where it took off, or return to where you and the controller are.
[view_image]

The problem is that it doesn't return to where you are, but where you where at the time you hit that button. Its not a dynamic option, but just a 'one time' static reset of your homepoint.

2018-3-22
Use props
Hestia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135381 ft
Italy

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-22 04:30
The problem is that it doesn't return to where you are, but where you where at the time you hit that button. Its not a dynamic option, but just a 'one time' static reset of your homepoint.

If you tap a second time on the RTRC button I think it will update on the current RCposition.

I do agree it's not ''dynamic'' but it should be a viable workaround for now!
2018-3-22
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-22 04:30

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a Continuous HomePoint adjustment
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hestia Posted at 2018-3-22 05:08
If you tap a second time on the RTRC button I think it will update on the current RCposition.

I do agree it's not ''dynamic'' but it should be a viable workaround for now!

It will, but its a workaround indeed, if your moving you can keep hitting that button.
2018-3-22
Use props
pawel_g
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509268 ft
Netherlands

SebaF Posted at 2018-3-22 05:11
Are you sure about that? I thought it was a Continuous HomePoint adjustment

Yes, It works that way.
You can set home point to point in which aircraft is when you press the button or where your phone thinks you are when pressing second button.

Br, Pawel
2018-3-22
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

pawel_g Posted at 2018-3-22 05:15
Yes, It works that way.
You can set home point to point in which aircraft is when you press the button or where your phone thinks you are when pressing second button.

Thank you so much for the answer.
2018-3-22
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Netherlands

pawel_g Posted at 2018-3-22 05:15
Yes, It works that way.

That would actively make it a dynamic homepoint, which it doesn't to my knowledge... I don't know any better that its a one time reset of the current homeposition

4. Reset Your Home Point if You’re Moving
As long as you have sufficient GPS signal, your Home Point will be set automatically when you take off. However, it won’t reset automatically if you move around. If you’re driving in a car or moving in a boat, you’ll need to reset your Home Point periodically. This gif shows you one way to reset your Home Point:

180848y36jc3xa1r1733cz.gif

https://store.dji.com/guides/top-5-ways-to-prevent-flyaways/

2018-3-22
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

djiuser_SQulrxH39Tjy Posted at 2018-3-22 01:09
Where is DJI GO version 4.2.8 for Android? Play store still shows 4.2.6 ... Thanks!

check again... i already have the 2.8 installed....  weird... didn't notice it....
2018-3-22
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

Ok. according to the notes:

"Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally."

didnt know that the battery use firmware...   where do I look for it or how I can verify it?
2018-3-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

John TC Posted at 2018-3-22 07:45

"Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally."

If you updated your Mavic Air, the battery updated with the unit automatically.  You now have to update each battery.  Replace battery, turn on unit and it will prompt you to update again.
2018-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Is there possibility to downgrade back to previous firmware from this new one?
2018-3-22
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-3-22 08:49
Is there possibility to downgrade back to previous firmware from this new one?

Guys. Please remember that there is a chance that something won`t work with every update. Please wait for a bit to see how it goes. if something goes wrong then You wouldn`t  be able to fly till next update
2018-3-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just took my Mavic Air out today for a little Post-Nor'Easter winter storm here in the Northeastern USA (New Jersey).  Received the prompt their's a new firmware update available so of course checking out the forum here to see how this new update is looking for folks.   Not hearing any issues with the iPhone (latest version Apple IOS 11.2.6) so i guess I'll update this evening.  Appears to have some good fixes within this update.

DJI....one suggestion.  It's regarding your DJI Firmware Update Videos.  I would strongly encourage you to INCLUDE a reference in the video to update all your intelligent batteries.  I think most folks have more than 1 battery.  I think you could avoid a lot of confusion on this topic if you add to future videos.  I always mention in my tutorial YouTube videos but I'm sure it would help folks a little newer to the community.

On a positive note...I think I really got some great shots today (i.e. post-snowstorm).  Ran into some dog in the woods that kept barking at me the whole time.  Didn't look like a stray but caught me off guard in the woods while shooting a scenic river shot.  Thought it was a fox at first because I walked up on him without him hearing me.  Startled the both of us....anyway....great day for flying!!  Suns out...fresh powder....and 48F (7 C) ....about as good as it get's for this time of year.

2018-3-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In the above release notes for this firmware it says;  "Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward."

Question:  The current Mavic Air Specs read as follows:  URL:  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info

Max Descent Speed
        3 m/s (S - mode[1])
        1.5 m/s (P - mode)
        1 m/s (Wi-Fi mode)

So, is DJI saying 'Max Descent Speed' for all three (3) modes (i.e. S-Mode, P-Mode, and WiFi) are all 3 meters/per second?  

2018-3-22
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2018-3-22 09:32
Guys. Please remember that there is a chance that something won`t work with every update. Please wait for a bit to see how it goes. if something goes wrong then You wouldn`t  be able to fly till next update

sorry, and how is this answer to his question (mine too) - is there a downgrade possibility or not?
we are asking about DG for that simple reason - we know some updates may $@#$@. But if we can roll back, that's not a problem. IF everyone will wait for other pilots to test new firmware at end of day only a very few will install it = still it won't give answer is it safe. If there is no such possibility I'll stick with my current (working ok) configuration.
2018-3-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

John TC Posted at 2018-3-22 07:45

Here you go....Page #28 (Intelligent Flight batteries).  Yes, batteries have 'intelligence' built into them and MUST be updated (ALL BATTERIES) when their is a firmware update to the aircraft.  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.0.pdf
2018-3-22
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

So i used the DJI Assistant 2 to update the AC, no problem. But whenever i try to update the controller, the app doesn't recognise that there's a controller plugged into the PC - the controller lights do their regular charging sequence, and the PC keeps dinging (with stuff coming up in Device Manager, then disappearing, then coming up again with each ding). So i think it's more a Windows 10 issue where it doesn't recognise the controller properly.

I tried updating via the DJI Go 4 app, and it said the FW was up to date. Fired up the AC, connected and flew fine, so i guess all is good. Can't see any way to easily check the controller firmware version though. Am i missing something?
2018-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-22 11:23
So i used the DJI Assistant 2 to update the AC, no problem. But whenever i try to update the controller, the app doesn't recognise that there's a controller plugged into the PC - the controller lights do their regular charging sequence, and the PC keeps dinging (with stuff coming up in Device Manager, then disappearing, then coming up again with each ding). So i think it's more a Windows 10 issue where it doesn't recognise the controller properly.

I tried updating via the DJI Go 4 app, and it said the FW was up to date. Fired up the AC, connected and flew fine, so i guess all is good. Can't see any way to easily check the controller firmware version though. Am i missing something?

Could you please try to connect AC again to dji assistant and see if you have listed also previous firmware version available for downgrade? This will help others on this forum answer question if new firmware is downgradable.

Thanks.
2018-3-22
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
New Zealand

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-3-22 12:12
Could you please try to connect AC again to dji assistant and see if you have listed also previous firmware version available for downgrade? This will help others on this forum answer question if new firmware is downgradable.

Thanks.

Actually i think i recall after the update seeing the 'Downgrade' option in the DJI Assistant 2 app. So i'm 99% sure it is downgradable, but will double-check tonight when i get home from work (9.25am Friday here).
2018-3-22
Use props
Hyggen Aviator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1055610 ft

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-3-22 11:23

Just forget it - nobody is able to get the assistant software on Windows 10 to connect with the remote controller... It should update via the DJI Go 4 app though. (I updated the Air from the PC, without the remote turned on, and the update seemed to go well, but when starting up DJI Go 4 on my Android phone with the remote connected and the Air turned on, it said all firmware was up to date, so it seems that there isn't any update for the remote controller?!)

DJI hardware and Windows 10 computers have always been a mess - DJI are simply not able to make drivers that install without a lot of hassle, like restarting with advanced alternatives and disabling driver signature requirements. (I had to do that in order to get the assistant software talk to the Mavic Air, which now works, but connecting the remote to the computer causes an error warning in Windows 10 device manager for COM8.)
2018-3-22
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
New Zealand

Hyggen Aviator Posted at 2018-3-22 12:29
Just forget it - nobody is able to get the assistant software on Windows 10 to connect with the remote controller... It should update via the DJI Go 4 app though. (I updated the Air from the PC, without the remote turned on, and the update seemed to go well, but when starting up DJI Go 4 on my Android phone with the remote connected and the Air turned on, it said all firmware was up to date, so it seems that there isn't any update for the remote controller?!)

DJI hardware and Windows 10 computers have always been a mess - DJI are simply not able to make drivers that install without a lot of hassle, like restarting with advanced alternatives and disabling driver signature requirements. (I had to do that in order to get the assistant software talk to the Mavic Air, which now works, but connecting the remote to the computer causes an error warning in Windows 10 device manager for COM8.)

Fair enough - when it wouldn't work, i just fired up the phone app, but it didn't say there was any firmware update for the controller - said it was up-to-date (might have updated the previous day?).
2018-3-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules