Change CE mode to fcc
3976 13 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Is it a good idea to switch from CE mode to fcc mode with fake GPS to have more range or risk losing Spark?
2018-3-21
Use props
apcyberax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566526 ft
United Kingdom

the better question would be is it legal and woul DJI cover you if under care if they found out. I'd love to know if DJI really care or even check things like that
2018-3-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This forum does not allow for talking about this kind of stuff.
So I doubt if you will find info here.
There will be other fora about this subject.
2018-3-21
Use props
Grant_Vorster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394514 ft
South Africa

Its not legal to fly in FCC in some country's.  You could possibly face prison time or hefty fine.  If something goes wrong your warranty could also fall away
Is it worth it?
2018-3-22
Use props
Chazzw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

I think its personal preference and up to each of us to make that decision...  I have heard nothing but positive results from it
2018-3-22
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You get a more stable signal, even at closed range, it's safer.... But I suggest make your own mod dji go app instead of fake gps.I have already gave you the link a few days ago
2018-3-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

So if you travel from US (with your FCC Spark)  to Europe  and turn on your Spark and fly...is it going to be flying in FCC or CE...and how would anybody ever know???
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Grant_Vorster Posted at 2018-3-22 01:34
Its not legal to fly in FCC in some country's.  You could possibly face prison time or hefty fine.  If something goes wrong your warranty could also fall away
Is it worth it?

I 100% AGREE WITH THIS POST
2018-3-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-22 09:33
So if you travel from US (with your FCC Spark)  to Europe  and turn on your Spark and fly...is it going to be flying in FCC or CE...and how would anybody ever know???

Yes, if you click cancel at a pop-up box wich ask to reset the wifi to other region....
Just say NO and the drone remains in FCC mode.Nobody will know, u cannot see it....mayby its in the famous DJI black box written but who cares.
Cheers JJB

2018-3-22
Use props
FlyinMajic2day
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361552 ft
United States

My refurbished Spark I recently received actually did a switch from CE to FCC with prompts by itself while I was setting up.....being a newbie, I wasn't sure what this was about and thought something was wrong, but I did some reading and researching to understand....
I will not be dealing with fake GPS though, would imagine a much bigger risk of losing a drone, not to mention all the other problems that could be encountered. Be like going on a hike in the mountains trying to run up on a bear with a stick to see what happens....it might be ok, better chance that it would not be ok.....just my thoughts.....needed my funny today
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would not recommend you do that as it may break the local law and have accident. Spark will choose the certificate automatically. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-22
Use props
JProcter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

It’s a shame because the range and stability of my Spark under CE regs is pretty rubbish. WiFi just isn’t suited to the application. In some/many locations, presumably with some kind of interference the connection is very unstable even at less than 50m away. 300m has been about my max but not what you’d call stable.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_ElWrlsI5U4Iz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146952 ft
United Kingdom

In CE mode my Spark wouldn't go further than 70 metres in a rural area, in a city park it couldn't do a 'dronie' without RTH kicking in. I really didn't want to go down the FCC route but there really isn't much choice. I make it a priority to always fly VLOS and never higher than the laws allow but flying the spark in CE mode is like running a marathon in snowshoes.
2018-3-23
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Thank you all for your answers and advice. I understood a lot.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules