Mavic Air new battery problem: suddenly dropped from 60% to 0%.
15735 63 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xGRIZZx
lvl.1
Canada

Nerius Posted at 2-12 05:43
Read my replay ;)

Oops. Lol thanks . I’ll gjve it a shot !
2019-2-19
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Canada

I’ve also had this happen to me. New Mavic Air with about 4 flights on the original battery. Bought a new battery and charged it to 100%.

Disclaimer - it was about -10°C this particular day.

Flew with the original battery for about 15 minutes without any problems. Put the new battery in and while flying, once it got to 54%, it instantly dropped to 0% and started a critical landing procedure. Luckily I was able to keep it flying and bring it in safely - so obviously the battery wasn’t completely dead - just reporting 0%.

After pulling the battery out and pressing the button, I think it showed 2 LEDs. I can’t remember for sure - but it was more than 1. I would have expected no LEDs if it was reporting 0%.

I’m hoping that the firmware that they just released for the Mavic Air will resolve this issue. Can anyone confirm if this update was meant to help with this issue? I’m going on a trip in 2 weeks and would like to ensure that I won’t run into any problems.
2019-3-2
Use props
ben74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1407890 ft
France

Hi, I've got the same issue here, battery display dropped from 60% to 0% suddently and I was so scared .. thing is this error doesn't allow you to get home faster using sport mode .. I was just praying to bring it back as close to me as possible ..
See the voltage from the logs .. didn't dropped that much .. got the less 15° notice previously, didn't measure the temperature, guess it was around 2° up here, altitude was ~2400 meters asl .. got it back home safely .. didn't had that error on two previous flights at the same place
2019-3-6
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Canada

Just an update... I've updated the firmware and finally got a chance to fly today. Pretty much identical conditions to when I had the issue with the battery dropping from 54% to 0% instantly.

Glad to report that I took both batteries down to 28% without any issues at all. I'll be sure to report back if it happens again, but my fingers are crossed that this firmware update helps resolve that problem.
2019-3-10
Use props
Mog433
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77405 ft
United States

This is a serious defect.  I lost my drone yesterday due to this defect.  The flight data shows that at 8:33 into the flight the battery was at 42% and at 8:34 the battery was 0% and landing.  The drone was already in sport mode, and there was no response from any input to the controls.  My Air landed in a lake and sank in about 40 feet of water, no way to get to it before it sank.  I have opened a support ticket as there is no reason for my drone to be at the bottom of a lake.
2019-3-10
Use props
SaskDJI
lvl.1
Canada

Mog433 Posted at 3-10 17:59
This is a serious defect.  I lost my drone yesterday due to this defect.  The flight data shows that at 8:33 into the flight the battery was at 42% and at 8:34 the battery was 0% and landing.  The drone was already in sport mode, and there was no response from any input to the controls.  My Air landed in a lake and sank in about 40 feet of water, no way to get to it before it sank.  I have opened a support ticket as there is no reason for my drone to be at the bottom of a lake.

When it happened to me, I was in P-mode and it said something along the lines of Critical Battery Level - Landing and it started landing right where it was. I was still able to use the inputs to bring it back to me - as long as I held it up. It was slower - so if you're out far, it could definitely be an issue.

Where you on the latest firmware? Was your battery also updated?
2019-3-11
Use props
Mog433
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77405 ft
United States

SaskDJI Posted at 3-11 06:00
When it happened to me, I was in P-mode and it said something along the lines of Critical Battery Level - Landing and it started landing right where it was. I was still able to use the inputs to bring it back to me - as long as I held it up. It was slower - so if you're out far, it could definitely be an issue.

Where you on the latest firmware? Was your battery also updated?

I was using the latest firmware, I always update before flying.
2019-3-11
Use props
Samitha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft

Same incident happens to me several time and inform this ti DJI support but they are unhappy to help me because of the warranty issue. They ask me to repair from DJI authorized repair point, but there are no such place in my county. Warranty ended two months back. I have a flight record and everything but nothing helps to me. clearly this in not my fault. Appreciate any one in this forum please tell me what i have to do now. Im afraid to fly this because of this issue.

Thank you.
2019-9-26
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25751486 ft

Same thing happend to me, on three of my batteries, got them all replaced by DJI.
Now I Always check the batteries for any signs of cell deviation after every flight on airdata.com
2019-9-26
Use props
Samitha
lvl.1

AIRQUAD Posted at 9-26 22:46
Same thing happend to me, on three of my batteries, got them all replaced by DJI.
Now I Always check the batteries for any signs of cell deviation after every flight on airdata.com

what do you think is it drone or batteries.
2019-9-27
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer

Samitha Posted at 9-27 00:10
what do you think is it drone or batteries.

I'm not sure maybe it's the high  power consumption of the drone but I'm probably wrong, I have no signs of cell deviation on my Mavic 2
2019-9-27
Use props
Samitha
lvl.1

AIRQUAD Posted at 9-27 00:34
I'm not sure maybe it's the high  power consumption of the drone but I'm probably wrong, I have no signs of cell deviation on my Mavic 2

Bit complicated for me. I'm not professional drone operator. DJI also not providing any help or valid information. Hope there are so meny people having same problem
2019-9-27
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer

Samitha Posted at 9-27 01:31
Bit complicated for me. I'm not professional drone operator. DJI also not providing any help or valid information. Hope there are so meny people having same problem

Have you contacted support https://www.dji.com/se/support/p ... ndsite&from=nav

DJI replaced all my batteries
2019-9-27
Use props
Samitha
lvl.1

AIRQUAD Posted at 9-27 01:40
Have you contacted support https://www.dji.com/se/support/product/mavic-air?site=brandsite&from=nav

DJI replaced all my batteries

My warranty ended two months back. So they didn't like to solve problem
2019-9-27
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer

Samitha Posted at 9-27 03:08
My warranty ended two months back. So they didn't like to solve problem

Sorry to hear that, you may want to keep track of your new batteries at airdata.com then you will discover any cell deviations in the early stages.
2019-9-27
Use props
Samitha
lvl.1

AIRQUAD Posted at 9-27 03:27
Sorry to hear that, you may want to keep track of your new batteries at airdata.com then you will discover any cell deviations in the early stages.

Thank you friend. I will check
2019-9-27
Use props
Torvlobnor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4958120 ft
Cyprus

Just for info. Same thing happened with my Mavic 2 Pro today. Battery was almost full, approximately 95%. After ≈ 300m was dropped to 0. No problems with the battery and the drone as a whole have been noticed until this moment.
2019-11-16
Use props
djiuser_GuU8SRdYrozh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520561 ft
United States

Hi there - this is the first time I've looked up the issue - but the 2nd time this exact thing has happened to me while flying the Mavic Air.
Today I almost had a heart attack as I was doing a commercial shoot over a huge construction and had almost reached my destination to do a repeat photo (shoot the same image weekly to chart progress), which was about 1450 ft away and just under 400 feet...
I'd been in the air less than a minute and the computer suddenly announced "landing!".
The video feed died and I had no idea what had happened to it as I'd lost visual sight of it too.
Suddenly the feed came back on and I turned the drone around even though it kept giving me the battery critical warnings in red. I flew back to me and was relieved when it landed feet away. I was so glad I wasn't over water and hadn't lost it completely.
What is the process to replace this faulty battery? It hasn't happened ever with the other two batteries I own.
Thank you!
2020-2-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_GuU8SRdYrozh Posted at 2-5 21:11
Hi there - this is the first time I've looked up the issue - but the 2nd time this exact thing has happened to me while flying the Mavic Air.
Today I almost had a heart attack as I was doing a commercial shoot over a huge construction and had almost reached my destination to do a repeat photo (shoot the same image weekly to chart progress), which was about 1450 ft away and just under 400 feet...
I'd been in the air less than a minute and the computer suddenly announced "landing!".

Hi,

Best,  if you want some help,  is to start a new thread, and upload your flightlog using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_GuU8SRdYrozh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520561 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-5 23:16
Hi,

Best,  if you want some help,  is to start a new thread, and upload your flightlog using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

thanks very much - exactly what I needed.
2020-2-6
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

I find funny guys here always trying to blame the user or another external factor for this battery problem with Mavic Air. It is happening all over with Air owners. I had all 3 batteries of my fly more combo with this sudden drop midflight. The third one happened last week. Its happening all over and how come you guys dont see it and connect the dots? It surely is a design flaw but DJI remains silent about acknowledging that. Now Im always afraid to fly but sometimes I need to because its a job. I will reply this same message to all other 2 topics I read today. There were 2 from me from the first 2 batteries and a lot more from other users. DJI needs to do something as they sold us a product promising it was safe. And it would be if there wasnt this battery problem happening all of a sudden, no sign, no message, no physical damage to the battery.
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_wug45MHbOMq9
New

United States

I had the same issue except mine said 67% when the return to home came on and I shut off the return to home and started flying back and went from 67 to 0 in like a minute before making an emergency landing in the forest. I was luckily able to retrieve the drone but have not had a chance to recharge to see if it charges back up. I have the recorded flight plan and it says right on it at 67%. We turned to home automatically activated and then it made it some emergency landing about a mile away
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_9Cm5bS1Ytvga
New

Taiwan

I bought new battery the one on the left from 33% battery suddenly dropped to 0%then I tried to charge,but does not charge and there is no light please guy help me to find the solution
2020-11-13
Use props
fans68897180
New

Spain

Hi Guys ,

I had the same issue yesterday and i was above the water. Fortunately i could make it back but it took me 1h30 to find the drone back as it was close to a cliff. Anyway i was flying for a few min and suddenly it says battery low landing. I have second battery and i don't have any issue with the other one as it says on time when the battery is low like it put it in the settings.

So i just send the battery back to DJI right ?
2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules