DJI customer support is absolute nonsense.
1216 14 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16178 ft
China

Recently I sent my mavic pro to repair what already was a big headache because i was given contradictive advaces. I received the drone in 5 days that was quick;) BUT nothing is fixed. Looks like they just reset drone to the default settings and sent it back to me. I have common issues with mavic pro as tilted horizon and shaky footage if I fly forward or backwards.
Can anybody explain why does it happen. I know that I'm not the one with the same issue and there're people who had to send their drone 3 times before it got fixed.
What is more funny, now when we called them (my Chinese friend helps me cuz I don't speak chinese) they said they fixed it and I just don't know how to use it;)
Now I have to deal with all of that instead of enjoying using my drone when I need it.
Amazing company!!!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Russell, sorry for your situation. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can help to check your case? And for your drone's issue, you had tried to calibrate the gimbal and tested the drone but the issue persists, right? If it is possible, could you please provide me with the original video from the drone for a better confirm? Apologize for the difficulties again.
2018-3-21
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 23:21
Russell, sorry for your situation. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can help to check your case? And for your drone's issue, you had tried to calibrate the gimbal and tested the drone but the issue persists, right? If it is possible, could you please provide me with the original video from the drone for a better confirm? Apologize for the difficulties again.

Hello! Yes as soon as I opened the box, I linked my RC with the drone becauae it wouldn't connect at first, updated firmware and calibrated the gimbal which already was on -2. I set it back to 0 and did auto calibration. Then took the drone out and calibrated the compass, flu it and noticed absolutely same issues. Can't provide the latest video now but if you couls look at my previous topics that I opened about gimbal issue you will find the link withbtge videos that Ibtook before sending it to repair. The latest video looks exactely the same. Same shakes and tilted horizon. They said technician will call me and ezplain howntobuse it;) I really doubt it will fix tye issue because I'm it's not my hands it's the drone. I'm doing simple actions.
Here is the link for the videos I took earlier https://yadi.sk/d/ewazon4E3St34F
It's not tge latest but there's no difference.
2018-3-21
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-21 23:21

And case number is CAS-1556298-C2W5F5
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-3-21 23:53
Hello! Yes as soon as I opened the box, I linked my RC with the drone becauae it wouldn't connect at first, updated firmware and calibrated the gimbal which already was on -2. I set it back to 0 and did auto calibration. Then took the drone out and calibrated the compass, flu it and noticed absolutely same issues. Can't provide the latest video now but if you couls look at my previous topics that I opened about gimbal issue you will find the link withbtge videos that Ibtook before sending it to repair. The latest video looks exactely the same. Same shakes and tilted horizon. They said technician will call me and ezplain howntobuse it;) I really doubt it will fix tye issue because I'm it's not my hands it's the drone. I'm doing simple actions.
Here is the link for the videos I took earlier https://yadi.sk/d/ewazon4E3St34F
It's not tge latest but there's no difference.

Russell, I had checked your case, the drone was repaired and the drone had been finished the test flight before shipping back to you. If it is the same situation, is it possible that you provide me with the latest video again for a better check? Or please send the drone in again, and please provide me with the case number once you get it. Sincerely sorry again for the difficulties.
2018-3-22
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-22 04:10
Russell, I had checked your case, the drone was repaired and the drone had been finished the test flight before shipping back to you. If it is the same situation, is it possible that you provide me with the latest video again for a better check? Or please send the drone in again, and please provide me with the case number once you get it. Sincerely sorry again for the difficulties.

Hello
Here is the link for the video I took yesterday https://yadi.sk/i/rQ-BRHEj3Tfrn3
The file name is DJI_0005_New
0:00:11 - 0:00:13 - shake
0:01:25 - 0:01:27 - shake
0:01:32 - 0:01:34 - Very obvious shake
0:01:38 Shake
From 0:02:10 to 0:02:34 - Tilted horizon

This is the link for the folder where you can find previous videos and compare with the video taken after "repair". https://yadi.sk/d/ewazon4E3St34F. I didn't find the new video smoother. in fact I think it's even a bit worst than it was before repair.

Thank you for your help.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-3-23 00:03
Hello
Here is the link for the video I took yesterday https://yadi.sk/i/rQ-BRHEj3Tfrn3
The file name is DJI_0005_New

Russell, according to the video, the gimbal actually tilts from the very beginning. BTW, may what is the temperature of your location? For your case, I suggest that you can try to calibrate the gimbal, and check if the gimbal anti-drop hooks are mounted properly. And for your case, would you mind my checking again with the engineers? Appreciate your understanding.
2018-3-23
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-23 18:28
Russell, according to the video, the gimbal actually tilts from the very beginning. BTW, may what is the temperature of your location? For your case, I suggest that you can try to calibrate the gimbal, and check if the gimbal anti-drop hooks are mounted properly. And for your case, would you mind my checking again with the engineers? Appreciate your understanding.

OK, but please check the video from the 2nd minute carefully you will see that it tilts the horizon every time I fly to the left or to the right and then straightens it up again so you can see that image rotates a little, it's very nonticable. Regarding gimbal antidrop hooks, I had checked this before I launched the drone. I watched tutorials and read the manual and know about this. I will double check today. Temperature was 19 - 23 C. I believe it's just perfect temperature for this kind of occasions;) And tell me why do I have to know all these details about antidrop hooks, should I be an engineer to fly this consumer product? I set the camera, updated everything and calibrated, what I did before sending it to repair and after. The issue has remained.  It looks like DJI is trying to put the blame on me for this faulty and incomplete product.
Your engineers asking me what is the issue after watching the videos. Seems like they don't see any issues there;) I have a question to you Thor, have you noticed shakes? Or that's my eyes shaking and tilting the horizon?

Thank you for you time.
And sorry for my sarcasm but this situation is a bit frustrating now, especially when you're dealing with such a known company.  
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-3-24 22:35
OK, but please check the video from the 2nd minute carefully you will see that it tilts the horizon every time I fly to the left or to the right and then straightens it up again so you can see that image rotates a little, it's very nonticable. Regarding gimbal antidrop hooks, I had checked this before I launched the drone. I watched tutorials and read the manual and know about this. I will double check today. Temperature was 19 - 23 C. I believe it's just perfect temperature for this kind of occasions;) And tell me why do I have to know all these details about antidrop hooks, should I be an engineer to fly this consumer product? I set the camera, updated everything and calibrated, what I did before sending it to repair and after. The issue has remained.  It looks like DJI is trying to put the blame on me for this faulty and incomplete product.
Your engineers asking me what is the issue after watching the videos. Seems like they don't see any issues there;) I have a question to you Thor, have you noticed shakes? Or that's my eyes shaking and tilting the horizon?

Russell, sorry for the late reply. I got the news from our engineers. After checking the video you provided, please kindly that the shakings happened when the drone is braking and the gimbal tilted when the drone suddenly panned, which are normal in these scenarios. You can try to pan the drone more softly and see if it would help.
2018-3-26
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-26 00:37
Russell, sorry for the late reply. I got the news from our engineers. After checking the video you provided, please kindly that the shakings happened when the drone is braking and the gimbal tilted when the drone suddenly panned, which are normal in these scenarios. You can try to pan the drone more softly and see if it would help.

Hello

OK. My issue looks very alike these

And this

and this

I can continue the list.
I can't believe that it's normal for the product with 3 axis gimbal. And I also have the issue with shaky footage, forward and backward motion that you haven't mentioned. But I've received this reply from the customer support "At present, we have verified the specific situation for you. If the brake will appear under the GPS gear, it is a normal phenomenon, Kind regards" that's all they replied;) and I can only guess what does it all mean. Maybe you could explain this "phenomenon";) to me, Thor.  And they didn't say anything about horizon issue.

I also thought that I need to fly softly but I tested that and realized that it doesn't matter how I fly gently or roughly it tilts horizon but with different speed. If I start softly and gradually speed up it tilts the horizon slowly and by the time I reach full speed, the image is noticeably tilted.  

And I have a question. What if I use my DJI care, request a new drone and it comes with no issues, what technicians are going to say?
And if it's normal why did they accept the drone the first time and changed the gimbal as they claim?

I apologize for being annoying Thor but you're the only one who can give an adequate reply. Email support is useless.  

Thank you.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-3-27 07:06
Hello

OK. My issue looks very alike these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-RjF9ytjsA

Russell, I am terribly regretful for the late reply. For the gimbal tilting issue when flying sideways, it is within the allowance variation.
For the shaking that you mentioned about the forward and backward flying, we had double checked the email, we couldn't find it in the last video you provided. Please be noticed that the shaking we found was when the drone was flying forward/backward then suddenly stopped the stick, which is also the case I mentioned above, it is normal in this situation.
Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-4-4
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-4 03:49
Russell, I am terribly regretful for the late reply. For the gimbal tilting issue when flying sideways, it is within the allowance variation.
For the shaking that you mentioned about the forward and backward flying, we had double checked the email, we couldn't find it in the last video you provided. Please be noticed that the shaking we found was when the drone was flying forward/backward then suddenly stopped the stick, which is also the case I mentioned above, it is normal in this situation.
Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Ok. Thank you for your reply.
I'll be checking it next couple of months and see if it gets worst or not. My concern is if it's something wrong with the gimbal it can get worst later. When I was calibrating tge drone and IMU the gimbal behaved really strange it was vibrating and making clicking noises. So I'm still really concerned about it.
Thank you for your help.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-4-5 00:53
Ok. Thank you for your reply.
I'll be checking it next couple of months and see if it gets worst or not. My concern is if it's something wrong with the gimbal it can get worst later. When I was calibrating tge drone and IMU the gimbal behaved really strange it was vibrating and making clicking noises. So I'm still really concerned about it.
Thank you for your help.

There will be an error message if anything goes wrong. If you encounter any further issues, feel free to contact us, we'll be here all the time.
2018-4-6
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 02:55
There will be an error message if anything goes wrong. If you encounter any further issues, feel free to contact us, we'll be here all the time.

Hello Susan! Why did you accept the drone the first time if it was the same issue and it turns out that it's normal?  
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RussellPhotog Posted at 2018-4-6 06:37
Hello Susan! Why did you accept the drone the first time if it was the same issue and it turns out that it's normal?

Sorry for the confusion. As Thor mentioned, it is another gimbal issue which is concluded from the previous video you offered, instead of this one. Both have been forwarded to our engineers for review.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules