Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark stuck in a tree.
2906 28 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBeater04
lvl.2
Colombia

So yesterday by the afternoon I was flying my spark, and the wind moved my drone and it got stuck in a tree. Is there any way of getting it out? Thanks
2018-3-22
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

A ladder maybe ?

In all seriousness, I'm not too sure how you could get it down, unless you can climb up and get it.

Not good news.
2018-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh boy. That is not too nice.
Hope you have either good climbing skills, a ladder or some kind friend that will lend you an aerial platform
2018-3-22
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

I guess the big question is, how high is it? My uncle is in the tree service for the power company, if you got lucky and they were around they would do it for a little fee.  
2018-3-22
Use props
Langner91
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

Fishing rod and line?  Cast a weight up there and shake the living daylights out of the branch?

Tennis balls?  Again, just trying to hit some nearby branches?

Catch it in a blanket or fishing net?
2018-3-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try to find a monkey?
2018-3-22
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Cut the tree down
2018-3-22
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

This happened to me once. It will require a couple of extra hands to help. I got a length of rope and tied a heavy stone to one end of the rope. I then threw the stone around one of the branches that the aircraft was stuck on. After the rope was around I was able to grab both ends of the rope and see if I could pull the rope to wiggle the tree. This is when I had a couple of extra pair of hands ready to catch once the RC was free of the tree. An additional suggestion is to maybe have the extra hands holding a sheet or a blanket so the RC does not have a hard crash landing.

I hope you get the drone free.

Sidd
2018-3-22
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

going out?
2018-3-22
Use props
13rovers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

Nerf Gun and a big net
2018-3-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Shoot a cat at it, then call the firefighters to save the kitty and Spark in the process.
2018-3-22
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Depending on how it's stuck. you might be able to try and start the rotors to get it to shake itself loose.
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

You should try and obtain it back safely rather than to shook the tree and inadvertently have it fall onto the ground.
2018-3-22
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

12 ga. shot gun with bird shot should do it
2018-3-22
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

2018-3-22
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

find a guy in a bucket truck and offer him some cash.
2018-3-22
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Do you know anyone local to you with at least a mavic or phantom. I have don’t this for a someone local and managed to hook it and lift it out of a tree.
2018-3-22
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Cauffy Posted at 2018-3-22 11:00
Do you know anyone local to you with at least a mavic or phantom. I have don’t this for a someone local and managed to hook it and lift it out of a tree.

I would be afraid of getting the hook caught on a branch and ending up with the tree eating two drones.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

1. Get a ladder then get a fishing rod or some type of wood 2 pieces to get the drone
2. Prepare some trampuline or any soft material on the ground in case it falls down
2018-3-22
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Definitely don't let the drone get damaged when it falls onto the ground!
2018-3-22
Use props
TheBeater04
lvl.2
Colombia

Thanks! I eventually got it out, using a 12 meter ladder from a telephone service company, grabbed a pvc pipe and placed a piece of matress on the bottom part of the branch. The only thing that was damaged was a propeller.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

TheBeater04 Posted at 2018-3-22 13:09
Thanks! I eventually got it out, using a 12 meter ladder from a telephone service company, grabbed a pvc pipe and placed a piece of matress on the bottom part of the branch. The only thing that was damaged was a propeller.

glad to hear that. The propellers does not cost much so you could get or buy extra if you want
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

This is what I first think of HAHAHA! We need to have a lecture about protecting the mother earth brother HAHA
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry about the situation you have been. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-22
Use props
TheBeater04
lvl.2
Colombia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 22:25
Sorry about the situation you have been. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support If you have DJI Refresh, please try your best to get the drone for replacement.

I have DJI Refresh but I tried to activated later thab 48 hours....
2018-3-23
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

You can still activate it by following a process of flying your drone around in a specific way and sending the footage to DJI. There should be an option to do this on the Care Refresh page.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TheBeater04 Posted at 2018-3-23 06:11
I have DJI Refresh but I tried to activated later thab 48 hours....

Did you buy a DJI Care Refresh card? Please activate it in our official website and see if it works, please keep us updated if you have any doubt.
2018-3-25
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Why does he need to use care refresh?
If it flies correctly and all sensors are working after replacing the props, can he not just keep flying the drone? I would!
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for this situation, hope you can get the drone down but safety first, besides, if you would like to use DJI Care Refresh, the drone must be retrieved and sent back to DJI official repair center firstly, hope everything will turn out to be great.
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules