OIS issues with Osmo 1 and 2... alternative phones?
857 4 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iiaXeii
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31047 ft
Canada

Hi
learning too little too late (my own fault, should've research sooner on this particular topic) what are you guys doing to avoid this issue? any particular good cell phone you would recommand that works very well with the osmo 2, with a decent camera and no OIS built in?

Seems like most of the high end phone like samsung, iphones all have OIS that cannot be turned off... just wondering if there are any 4k android based phone out there that would work well? opinions? suggestions?
2018-3-22
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

This is soooooooo sad. I had an osmo mobile for a week and its a fantastic thing, if only there was not the huge problems with the OIS. You basically have to stand still for filming, no walking etc. is possible. This makes not only the Osmo Mobile useless, but also the video functions of the iphone. What a damn shame.

Only possible solution is to get an iphone SE, which i am considering. Alternatively an Osmo+

2018-3-22
Use props
Lovely Rita
lvl.2
United States

6s is another option as it does not have OIS. The first model with OIS was the 6S+
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, you mean the Osmo mobile 2, right? If so, please check the compatible mobile device list for the Osmo mobile 2 from the website: https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#downloads, thanks!

2018-3-28
Use props
iiaXeii
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31047 ft
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-28 00:51
Hi there, you mean the Osmo mobile 2, right? If so, please check the compatible mobile device list for the Osmo mobile 2 from the website: https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#downloads, thanks!

[view_image]

Your response dismisses the issue with the OIS of any phones equipped with one making it look like there's no issue and essentially did not understand my post.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules