Height Sensor
945 10 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeFuanz
lvl.2
United States

Recently picked up another spark from amazon and it seems that ive noticed two things, 1. When its about 40 (example height) feet up the height will change between the actual height and about 5 ft. Not really sure why but i think that when i hold the throttle down to come closer to the ground it thinks the ground is there and autolands? not really sure but thats the second thing is sometimes i stop throttling up itll rise for a few seconds more and throttle down itll ocassionally start to land. Any one have this happen to them? great gps and wifi signal every time too.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

try another location or multple area if it happens on other areas.   To test for interferance also try updating your firmware to the latest and uninstall reinstall the application. Also try using another phone and tablet
2018-3-22
Use props
DeFuanz
lvl.2
United States

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-22 07:00
try another location or multple area if it happens on other areas.   To test for interferance also try updating your firmware to the latest and uninstall reinstall the application. Also try using another phone and tablet

cool, Thanks. Definitely wasn't interference because its done it in multiple locations. It seems like its just a fault with the bottom sensor somehow. I also read somewhere that some of the sparks land if you push the throttle all the way down? i updated today again so ill see if theres another update later that didnt show and ill try uninstalling  and reinstalling the app.
2018-3-22
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Make sure there's nothing on the sensor. Plastic film, dirt, fingerprints, etc.
2018-3-22
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

If it all looks good I would return it for replacement as that's not normal behavior.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Calibrate the vision sensor using dji assistant 2
2018-3-22
Use props
DeFuanz
lvl.2
United States

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-3-22 09:10
Make sure there's nothing on the sensor. Plastic film, dirt, fingerprints, etc.

ill definitely check that out on tomorrows flight! would that effect the landing? thanks!
2018-3-22
Use props
DeFuanz
lvl.2
United States

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-22 11:11
Calibrate the vision sensor using dji assistant 2

ill check into that! thanks!
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Are you flying above or below sea level?
2018-3-22
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

DeFuanz Posted at 2018-3-22 19:45
ill definitely check that out on tomorrows flight! would that effect the landing? thanks!

Yes, if there is any junk on the sensor or if you forget to remove the plastic film it's shipped with, it confuses the sensor. Fog or heavy snow can also confuse it and potentially cause it to continuously rise.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey DeFuanz, may I know what's the current status? Have you tested the performance after cleaning the sensors?
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules